NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Think playe

Send him to a newly promoted PL team/Championship club on loan tbh.

Yep, with an option of recalling for emergencies, best of both worlds.

:thup:

A recall option would definitely be a good idea.

I dont think you can recall a player from a long term loan if a fee is involved, so it has to be a short term only loan for a recall option.

Oh I see, well as long as he gets an extended run of games then I'd be fine with him going on a short term loan.

A month loan, which can extended by another month, then another......if it suits would be perfect, as long as he gets games like you say ;)

Ah, I can see your thinking. That would go well ;)

Guest bimpy474

Or we could just sell him for peanuts like Routledge and spent more money on a vastly inferior replacement like Obertan.

Now now sweetheart, i agree with you, i like the lad, i think there is a good player there but he needs to play and a loan might do him good, just like Arsenal did with Aaron Ramsey.

I don't see how people can write Gosling off, has barely played

I have not seen anywhere near enough of him to decide whether he will make it or not, though from the little he has played I like how he has gotten into decent positions in the box (though Nolan was good at that and shite at everything else)

He really does need a short stint on loan because I can't see him getting a run of games here

Guest ThievingMagpie

Gosling probably will be persuaded to ride it out one more year but if by January he hasn't played much I think he'll be loaned out with a view to be bought by a perspective club or will be gone next summer for sure. He rightly should feel a bit sore by not getting at least a chance but I can see how Pardew doesn't want to risk it so late in the season with so much to play for.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/04/01/alan-pardew-set-for-summer-transfer-activity-79310-30668316/

NEWCASTLE United’s summer transfer priority is bolstering their back four with a new left-back and centre-back.

And the Sunday Sun can also reveal that the club are making contingency plans in case Demba Ba is enticed away from St James’ Park – with Paris Saint Germain understood to be keen. Although the club are holding off on their annual end of season transfer summit until they know whether they are in Europe, boss Alan Pardew has revealed the club has “revved up” their scouting efforts in anticipation of dipping into the market.

But the club only intend to make a couple of high calibre additions, with the rest of the squad strengthened by good young players in the Mehdi Abeid mould. United do not believe there will be wholesale departures, although Ba is vulnerable with his transfer release clause. Discussions on a new contract will start when the club know their European fate.

A top target is PSV man Erik Pieters, but the club are NOT looking at any players who will be out of contract at the end of the season. “We have started,” Pardew told the Sunday Sun. “You can’t obviously talk to players, which is a problem, but you can talk to clubs, you can talk to agents and you can generally get a feel for the market. That’s, of course, what we’re doing and our scouting has revved up a little. I shall certainly be on my travels between now and the end of the season, and possibly not be around the training ground as much as I normally am. It’s important we get that part of it right.”

I hope the free transfer stuff isn't true, but it sounds like our defence will be great going into next season.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/04/01/alan-pardew-set-for-summer-transfer-activity-79310-30668316/

NEWCASTLE United’s summer transfer priority is bolstering their back four with a new left-back and centre-back.

And the Sunday Sun can also reveal that the club are making contingency plans in case Demba Ba is enticed away from St James’ Park – with Paris Saint Germain understood to be keen. Although the club are holding off on their annual end of season transfer summit until they know whether they are in Europe, boss Alan Pardew has revealed the club has “revved up” their scouting efforts in anticipation of dipping into the market.

But the club only intend to make a couple of high calibre additions, with the rest of the squad strengthened by good young players in the Mehdi Abeid mould. United do not believe there will be wholesale departures, although Ba is vulnerable with his transfer release clause. Discussions on a new contract will start when the club know their European fate.

A top target is PSV man Erik Pieters, but the club are NOT looking at any players who will be out of contract at the end of the season. “We have started,” Pardew told the Sunday Sun. “You can’t obviously talk to players, which is a problem, but you can talk to clubs, you can talk to agents and you can generally get a feel for the market. That’s, of course, what we’re doing and our scouting has revved up a little. I shall certainly be on my travels between now and the end of the season, and possibly not be around the training ground as much as I normally am. It’s important we get that part of it right.”

I hope the free transfer stuff isn't true, but it sounds like our defence will be great going into next season.

Apart from Hoilett (who every Premiership club will be after), are there any interesting free transfers this summer?

Douglas has been banging on about us looking to bring in players who are out of contract all season, now we're suddenly not interested. Unbelievable how he gets away with this constant guff. No doubt if we sign a few who are out of contract he'll be coming up with "as exclusively revealed in the Sunday Sun back in October, Newcastle have exploited the free agent market once again".

Guest elbee909

Day gets better, according to french tv we've agreed a fee and pre contract with Younes Belhanda for the summer, brilliant signing if true. Would fit in perfectly!

Any info anywhere else?  What's he like?

Considering there's news from 30th March re. a 20 milion bid potentially from PSG, seems unlikely.

Day gets better, according to french tv we've agreed a fee and pre contract with Younes Belhanda for the summer, brilliant signing if true. Would fit in perfectly!

never heard of him.  What position is he?  whats his strengths/weaknesses?