NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Roger Kint

Some Spanish site linking us and Malaga with Javi Garcia.

Nee chance, Raul Garcia on the other hand.

Who is Javi Garcia? Why would we have no chance?

The Benfica player rated at £20m

Even with CL, unf. I don't think we'll be able to attract the big, big names. Atleast not until another couple of seasons has gone and we've been persistent in the PL and Top 4-6. What worries me at this moment is also whether we will be or not or if we'll see a big ass jackpot garage sale as now is the time to sell hot players.

any reason for thinking that ?

Guest Roger Kint

He's ex-Real Madrid isn't he? Defensive mid? This is FM 10 knowledge being dredged up.

Aye was brilliant in the Euro under 21's last year

Even with CL, unf. I don't think we'll be able to attract the big, big names. Atleast not until another couple of seasons has gone and we've been persistent in the PL and Top 4-6. What worries me at this moment is also whether we will be or not or if we'll see a big ass jackpot garage sale as now is the time to sell hot players.

Would we even want to ???

There's an awfull lot of very good players around who aren't big big names (yet maybe could be), much prefer to sign those types personally.

He's ex-Real Madrid isn't he? Defensive mid? This is FM 10 knowledge being dredged up.

He the one who scored at Chelsea?

Guest Roger Kint

He the one who scored at Chelsea?

Yeah played CB which due to the red card, didnt play too well there tbh

There's not a chance we'll change our transfer policy even if we do land the CL cash. In fact with everyone knowing we're flush the club will find getting the same bargains even harder.

We might sign a few more squad players than normal if we finish 4th, but I'm certainly not expecting anything different from the last couple of years otherwise. Cisse was a total one-off IMO. I've no problems with that though as I've been proven spectacularly wrong in recent times. :laugh:

There's not a chance we'll change our transfer policy even if we do land the CL cash. In fact with everyone knowing we're flush the club will find getting the same bargains even harder.

We might sign a few more squad players than normal if we finish 4th, but I'm certainly not expecting anything different from the last couple of years otherwise. Cisse was a total one-off IMO.

:snod: and I'm perfectly fine with that.

more money coming in means more money to spend though the policy will remain of looking for value and not spending what we can't afford (good!), in the same way that we had more to spend this season than last. don't expect us to break our transfer record though.

We might sign a few more squad players than normal if we finish 4th, but I'm certainly not expecting anything different from the last couple of years otherwise. Cisse was a total one-off IMO.

:snod: and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Yep, edited my post slightly. :thup:

Oh, and I firmly believe that even finishing 4th won't elevate us above Liverpool in terms of pull. Not yet.

Tin hat on.

agrre in a way, the positioning won't do that but our growing reputation might put us on an equal footing in some quarters.

Guest Phil K

Yeah. We'll continue going for the good deals.

So will a lot of clubs, following the "Graham Carr system" "Ashley System" "Moneyball" or whatever it's going to be called.

Very few outside Chelsea Man City and Tottenham are going to be paying big bucks for players now, after Ashley's ploy appears to have paid off. (If Champs League, paid off handsomely !)

My guess, unspoken a LOT of teams will be following Newcastle's lead, and very few spending lots. My worry is Graham Carr will be approached. I have not the slightest doubt about that.

So will a lot of clubs, following the "Graham Carr system" "Ashley System" "Moneyball" or whatever it's going to be called.

Very few outside Chelsea Man City and Tottenham are going to be paying big bucks for players now, after Ashley's ploy appears to have paid off. (If Champs League, paid off handsomely !)

My guess, unspoken a LOT of teams will be following Newcastle's lead, and very few spending lots. My worry is Graham Carr will be approached. I have not the slightest doubt about that.

every club tries to find value, it's easier said than done to do it.

good job he's in the twilight years of his career and loves the toon then isn't it

Guest bimpy474

Sod signing big names, i'd rather we carry on as we are, signing young hungry skillful players who are under the radars of the so called bigger clubs, players those clubs might not regard as big enough for them.

Plenty of brilliant players about, as we have been shown, lets just leave it to Graham Carr as he really is our ace in the pack, if the last 18 months are anything to go by.

Sod signing big names, i'd rather we carry on as we are, signing young hungry skillful players who are under the radars of the so called bigger clubs, players those clubs might not regard as big enough for them.

Plenty of brilliant players about, as we have been shown, lets just leave it to Graham Carr as he really is our ace in the pack, if the last 18 months are anything to go by.

the thing is cabaye was a big name, as was cisse, just not to the closed eyes and ears of the english sports media.

Guest bimpy474

the thing is cabaye was a big name, as was cisse, just not to the closed eyes and ears of the english sports media.

My point exactly, up and coming names in their leagues, but ignored by the bigger clubs here, now unless Bayern, Dortmund in Germany or PSG and.....god knows who else in France doesn't want them. Not regarded as big enough for our so called elite clubs, these are the crackers i'd rather we sign.......Carr is looking superb at spotting them too.

My point exactly, up and coming big names in their leagues, but ignored by the bigger clubs here, now unless Bayern, Dortmund in Germany or PSG and.....god knows who else in France doesn't want them. Not regarded as big enough for our so called elite clubs, these are the crackers i'd rather we sign.......Carr is looknig superb at spotting them too.

we have an advantage over many german and french clubs, we play in england and many players see it as the best league in the world.