NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

According to Johan Derksen, Holland's leading football pundit and a close friend of our chairman, Newcastle have put an official bid in for Douglas for 5 million. I hope to god Derksen's wrong in saying that Twente will accept it. Yes he's only got a year left on his contract but...

Twente fan on bigsoccer.

According to Johan Derksen, Holland's leading football pundit and a close friend of our chairman, Newcastle have put an official bid in for Douglas for 5 million. I hope to god Derksen's wrong in saying that Twente will accept it. Yes he's only got a year left on his contract but...

Twente fan on bigsoccer.

He's ours!  :celb:

Very good. I know it's going to happen, but the thought of losing him makes me feel sick. Best central defender I've seen at Twente in thirty years. He'd be a brilliant buy for Newcastle. Whenever there's a one on one situation in the Twente defence and Douglas is involved I ain't bothered. He always comes good.

You'll probably have to wait for him till Christmas though. He has to stay in Holland beyond September 1 to make him eligible to play for Holland and he desperately wants to play for Holland at the world cup in Brazil.

Note that I actually like Newcastle! If he has to leave I'd rather he joins your lot.

Twente fan reckons we'd have to wait until Christmas.

Guest Tyson

Sod playing for Holland, most of Holland dont want him playing for them because of being Brazilian born anyway :lol:

Aye, not the right fit (athletic, ball-player) when you consider how far the Dutch (the Dutch 1st team) have gravitated away from the technical & total-football ethic of days gone. Something resembling that sort of brand at a major tourney was last seen under Rikjaard. The football played by the usual suspects in the Dutch league (ie. Ajax & PSV) is a far cry from what is dished out on the international stage. If the opinions of him are correct, he'll make a good physical stopper, but the ball-playing part of his game will be stripped back.

Douglas sounds far from your typical Dutch league defender which is good. I reckon he'd fit right into the Premier League.

So it looks like this is going to go down pretty much as I predicted it would. Voetbal International is as trustworthy as it gets in NL, and I have no doubt the Twente chairman will have communicated this to them to see if he can start some sort of bidding war.

Also, I think there will be ways around the only available at the end of August thing. We'll probably take him on "trial" for the pre-season until he's officially met the requirements of the Dutch FA to be eligible for the Dutch national team. I can't see him sitting on his behind all summer. Might however mean he might not be available for any European qualifiers we may need to play during the summer.

It says according to Joe Cole Pardew has been seen at Lille matches a half dozen times.  Not that he has been meeting Cole himself.

I doubt Cole could pick out Pardew in a 30000 crowd so they probably said hello. Moot point anyway, the question is who at lille is being watched?

It says according to Joe Cole Pardew has been seen at Lille matches a half dozen times.  Not that he has been meeting Cole himself.

I doubt Cole could pick out Pardew in a 30000 crowd so they probably said hello. Moot point anyway, the question is who at lille is being watched?

Eden Hazard. Obviously. :nile: