NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Howaythetoon

Moses is just another N'Zogbia type of player, overrated, expensive and not what we need. As for Ba, we cannot allow or rather afford to lose such a quality player as him and I find it amazing some are being so blasé  about him leaving. Having said that, from what I've heard he and Tiote will be sold in the summer to pay for some new deals already done/to be done and to give us some money to spend in the transfer market. Mind qualifying of the CL may change all that...

No offence to you HTT, but why don't people just say who has told them what?

Peter Beardsley no less. Not directly to me but at talk ins and in coaching circles. The same man that when Hughton was appointed as KK's assistant, said to a stunned audience, he was brought in to keep tabs on KK and to report back to the board (I was actually at that talk-in). He was a great player for us but the man is a gob s**** and a s***-stirrer. And 50 faced.

Moses is just another N'Zogbia type of player, overrated, expensive and not what we need. As for Ba, we cannot allow or rather afford to lose such a quality player as him and I find it amazing some are being so blasé  about him leaving. Having said that, from what I've heard he and Tiote will be sold in the summer to pay for some new deals already done/to be done and to give us some money to spend in the transfer market. Mind qualifying of the CL may change all that...

No offence to you HTT, but why don't people just say who has told them what?

Peter Beardsley no less. Not directly to me but at talk ins and in coaching circles. The same man that when Hughton was appointed as KK's assistant, said to a stunned audience, he was brought in to keep tabs on KK and to report back to the board (I was actually at that talk-in). He was a great player for us but the man is a gob s**** and a s***-stirrer. And 50 faced.

You say that about him, just after saying you'd heard something that sounded like it came from a decent source. :lol:

Hazard :lol:

Maybe we can get Gotze too? :lol:

Why stop there, why not go for Neymar too  :lol:

Dries Mertens? i like him and he would be good but would he be realistic i dont even know lol, i have not followed him for a while i wonder how much hype he is actually getting.

Guest Howaythetoon

Hasn't Beardsley apparently said lots of things in the past that turned out to be nonsense?

Aye, which is the hope with Tiote and Ba but if we are to sell two of our players this summer, those two will be the two surely. They are the ones clubs would want and would pay top money for, especially Tiote.

Beardsley really is a gobshite like. Not long after the KK leaving fiasco, he tore into the man who basically resurected his career and turned him back into a Geordie hero, rather than the man that waved to Liverpool fans while wearing a Toon top, prior to signing for them, i.e. a traitor. He's an arselicker too and has some grande delusion that one day he'll manage NUFC.

Guest Howaythetoon

Tore into KK? How and when?

Not long after he left, 2nd time around. Beardsley was at a talk-in/footy do for Newcastle City Juniors, my nephew used to play for them. I wouldn't mind my brother in law paid 400 quid for a pair of his boots he'd used in Italia 90 in the auction at the end of the do.

He basically said KK wasn't stable mentally and a bit of a whinger and that if things didn't go his way he'd kick up a fuss about it, nothing new of course, but it was the manner in which he talked about KK, propery snidey. This the man that resurrected his carreer. In that very talk-in, he also said Hughton was brought in over KK's head by the board on the recommendation of Levey or someone from Spurs, and was appointed to keep an eye on KK.

You wonder why they appointed KK in the first place...

Beardsley is a twat. Arrogant as fuck.

Nar, Beardsley's class, man. Met him a few times as he used to go in to the school my Mam worked at quite a bit. Had a good chat a few times. My Mother who used to speak to him often couldnt speak more highly of him nor the other staff. Used to go in to school to present awards etc on a moments notice. Always came across as a lovely fella to me.

Ba I can see leaving. If there wasn't some sort of a release clause, the club would have said so by now. He hasn't played well since Cisse's arrival and since the change in his role within the side. He's publicly snubbed the manager and earlier on in the season, he said something about one day fulfilling his childhood dream to play for PSG. We could bring in a player who's more suited to that new role and strengthen the squad as a result.

Tiote I'd like to keep but if we get an offer of around £20m, that money could be re-invested to leave us better off. Despite his current reputation, Tiote has weaknesses in his game and I could see a more-money-than-sense club like Chelsea coming in for him.

Fuck it, i'll just repost.

Meant to post this months ago

My grandad (a lifelong nufc fan) had a stroke in the summer, wasn't well at all for a while but thankfully made a full recovery. We have a fair few friends inside the club, President of corporate hospitality is a very good friend with my grandparents.

Anyway, back in october my grandad had knock at the door and who should it be but Beardsley. Our pals had apparently had a word and he was happy to oblige. He stayed and talked football with them for over an hour, gave my grandad one of his captain's armbands, loads of signed photos etc.

Too bloke, didn't have to do any of that, suspect he does it a fair bit with no fanfare whatsoever. Has been my favourite nufc player since I was 7. Seems he's as good a person as he was a player, legend

Pedro's a top bloke.

Guest Howaythetoon

f*** it, i'll just repost.

My grandad (a lifelong nufc fan) had a stroke in the summer, wasn't well at all for a while but thankfully made a full recovery. We have a fair few friends inside the club, President of corporate hospitality is a very good friend with my grandparents.

Anyway, back in october my grandad had knock at the door and who should it be but Beardsley. Our pals had apparently had a word and he was happy to oblige. He stayed and talked football with them for over an hour, gave my grandad one of his captain's armbands, loads of signed photos etc.

Too bloke, didn't have to do any of that, suspect he does it a fair bit with no fanfare whatsoever. Has been my favourite nufc player since I was 7. Seems he's as good a person as he was a player, legend

Pedro's a top bloke.

Alan Shearer does that all the time...

Fuck it, i'll just repost.

Pedro's a top bloke.

Fair play that like.

I met him at Kimberley Park in Prudhoe a few times when his son Drew played there with me. Also met him at the training ground a couple of times.

Always displayed an extremely dry sense of humour and did have something of an arrogance about him, but by Christ did he make an effort with the autographs and people who wanted a chat.

I thought that Beardsley was the one that was reporting back to the board on Hughton which was why Hughton was so reluctant to have him as his assistant and why the players also had no time for him. 

Hughton also said in an interview said that it was Keegan who phoned him and offered him the job but then of course Hughton may have been presented to Keegan as an option by the board and one that he was happy to go along with.  I cannot imagine Hughton keeping an eye on Keegan and reporting back to the board because he does not seem that kind of a guy.

Beardsley has come out with a lot of nonsense at talk-ins and I usually dismiss most of what he says.

However, he does do a lot of good things and always has a lot of time for people.  One more than one occasion, I have seen him stop and chat to people for ages in supermarkets and other such places.

I remember when Beardsley was at Newcastle. He always stayed back after training until literally every single person who wanted an autograph had one, even if it took him hours to get away. Met him in Asda at Gosforth once when he was a player here as well, and even though he was just out shopping he was happy to stop and have a chat.

Not really adding anything new here, but there you are.

Me and my mate walk passed Beardsley outside Asda, and he roundhouse kicked my mate in the face.

Me and my mate walk passed Beardsley outside Asda, and he roundhouse kicked my mate in the face.

How tall is your mate??

He's in a wheelchair.

:lol: :lol: