NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

To follow on from madras' point earlier about us being a pull I'm sure I read due to taxation laws French clubs have to pay 20%+ more than what English clubs would do to a player on the same wages making it easier for us to offer more net income to the players. Not sure what it's like in Germany but iirc it applies to a lesser degree in Spain too.

Anyhoo back to the random speculation...

Wahhi Khazri.

I like this. Random young player in the French league as cover for across the front three... Jordan Ayew

Interesting you bring that up because Jordan Ayew is supposedly on our radar.

From .com

After that game, Twente boss Steve Maclaren refused to answer media questions regarding interest in a number of his players from Premier League clubs, notably defender Douglas. The Dutch side have already agreed a deal for their Australian forward Brett Holman to join Aston Villa at the end of this season.

Holman plays for AZ

:lol:

oh and if we are to play 4-3-3 and ba should go then marveaux (fingers crossed with his injury) would suit that down to the ground. i'd still want another forward brought in mind, not just for cover but to offer a little different if need be to cisse and to go 2 up front if we want.

Haven't seen enough of Marveaux tbh. I was kind of hoping that Vuckic might fit in there, left side of a front 3. Would need to help out defending on that side but no where as much responsibilty as the LM position.

Still, guess we'll have to wait and see on both of them!

Think the role would suit Marveaux fine. You never know, Obertan could be a potential option there too (if, by some miracle, he actually acquires a footballing brain over the summer..........).

Don't think Vuckic has the legs/mobility to play in a front three. I would much rather see Haris part of a midfield three (with him being the most advanced).

About Ba, I'm still pretty confident that he's going nowhere. Current situation aside (which is just a blip in form really, all players will suffer that at some point in their career), the setup we have here seems to be the perfect environment for him.

We can replace Ba, I'm confident of it, probably with a player more suitable to formation were currently playing as well.

Stays or goes, not the end of the world. £7m is a fair enough fee as well, fully fit with perfect knees we could only expect £10-12m in all honesty judging him on a full season, not just his purple patch.

I can't see Ba staying if PSG come in, he has stated his desire to play the club he supported as a boy. I think we can replace him though, we're probably already working on it. Doubt there is much truth in that Chronicle article, other than Zaha who will be expensive and British, none of the other targets have experience playing as a wide forward. I doubt we could trust him with his fitness record but whenever I saw Marveaux in France he was excellent, I'm sure he could do a good job on the left. Hoilett would be my choice.

Would love to see Gameiro here, it does not seem to have turned out that well for him at PSG. Splendid player- a more polished Hernandez. No chance sadly!

Purple patch is more thsn a bit harsh, he has scored goals his whole career and will still end this season with a 1 in 2 ratio.

The lack of goals currently is the patch and he has still played well apart from a couple of games. £7m would be a really low fee considering his talent.

If Ba was to leave and Wigan were to go down, perhaps Moses from Wigan would be a shout. Certainly not as prolific as Ba, but seems to have all the physical and technical attributes to go out wide in a 4-3-3.

If Ba was to leave and Wigan were to go down, perhaps Moses from Wigan would be a shout. Certainly not as prolific as Ba, but seems to have all the physical and technical attributes to go out wide in a 4-3-3.

Good shout actually. Still , there is that thing in my mind he originally turned us down for Wigan. Fucking Wigan.

Good shout actually. Still , there is that thing in my mind he originally turned us down for Wigan. f***ing Wigan.

Aye but in fairness to the lad we were offering more money and he wanted to go somewhere he knew he was guarenteed first team football so he could develop better as a player. Can only respect him for that like.

Good shout actually. Still , there is that thing in my mind he originally turned us down for Wigan. f***ing Wigan.

Aye but in fairness to the lad we were offering more money and he wanted to go somewhere he knew he was guarenteed first team football so he could develop better as a player. Can only respect him for that like.

We refused to match the wages he wanted. ;)

Honestly? I can't imagine Wigan EVER being able to offer more money than us, no matter how tight we are for wages!

Honestly? I can't imagine Wigan EVER being able to offer more money than us, no matter how tight we are for wages!

Aye. This was straight from the mouth of Llambias.