NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

From any bits I've seen of him he looks a great finisher but no idea what else he has to his game and if he'd be ready to make the step up.

I thought David Nugent would be class and Rhodes finishing at that level reminds me of his. :lol:

We struggle to fit Cisse and Ba alongside each other so not sure why we'd be looking for yet another natural numebr 9 who is all about scoring rather than their all round game. at least with Carroll or De Jong you could see how they'd work with one of the two we already have, albeit only in a 4-4-2.

We struggle to fit Cisse and Ba alongside each other so not sure why we'd be looking for yet another natural numebr 9 who is all about scoring rather than their all round game. at least with Carroll or De Jong you could see how they'd work with one of the two we already have, albeit only in a 4-4-2.

We have no-one of Cisse's style at the club though until you get to Adam Campbell. Rhodes would be someone who can bridge that gap between us using Campbell sparingly like we'd hope, rather than potentially relying him to be a pretty important first-team squad member already.

In a way, he'd be under less pressure coming to someone like us, than he would by going to someone like Wigan or Southampton. If he went there, he'd go as the main man and be expected to get 15 goals, here though, he'd have the chance to be eased in, get 20-30 minutes here and there along with starting in the cups, and 6-8 goals would be classed as a good start.

Weren't we linked with Ciani in January/earlier in the summer?

Not him.

Robin Bairner ‏@RBairner

#Bordeaux defender #Ciani confirmed after playing a key role in the 0-0 draw with #PSG that he will join #Lazio.

Not really excited by anyone in that Bordeaux team tbh.

And the price is: 2 million €...

http://www.eurosport.fr/football/transferts/2012-2013/ciani-pour-2m_sto3399854/story.shtml

Would be delighted if we signed him. Great movement, natural finisher.

What's his pace like. Does he ever do link up play or create for himself with dribbles or is he just an out and out finisher?

Not seen loads of him but from what I have he is an out and out finisher with clever movement. Not sure about pace, hasn't looked like a problem when I have seen him though.

Aint gonna happen, but Remy would be the perfect signing in every way, him and Debuchy and this would be the best window ever, god i want it to happen! Then a CB in january.

That would be some team/squad.

Rhodes would fit the bill nicely. Would be good back up to have if anything were to happen to Ba/Cisse.

Our attacking options would be very decent. Would be satisfied to go into the season with Cisse, Ba, Rhodes, Shola, (Sammy), Campbell as our strikeforce. Make it so.

Btw, how gutted will Carroll be if we do sign Rhodes over him :laugh: