NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

"Mundo Deportivo" mentioning NUFC among the clubs interested in loaning Ibi Afellay, citing "sources in England".

So if last year was a year of Frenchies, we're now trying to load up with Dutch lads (assuming we get him and Douglas).

Does it have something to do with them flopping in the most recent major tournament? :shifty:

"Mundo Deportivo" mentioning NUFC among the clubs interested in loaning Ibi Afellay, citing "sources in England".

So if last year was a year of Frenchies, we're now trying to load up with Dutch lads (assuming we get him and Douglas).

Does it have something to do with them flopping in the most recent major tournament?

Nothing to do with any of that. Theres about a 10% chance we will sign either Affelay or Douglas. The only common denominator for all our transfers are the age of the target and whether the price is "good value."

He did his ACL last year, missed pretty much the entire season. He only showed glimpses of talent the half a season he was with us before that. I'm still on the fence, really haven't seen enough of him but he'd have his work cut to get pitch time now, with the wide players that we have acquired since then. His attitude always seemed fine.

Does it have something to do with them flopping in the most recent major tournament?

Nothing to do with any of that. Theres about a 10% chance we will sign either Affelay or Douglas. The only common denominator for all our transfers are the age of the target and whether the price is "good value."

I know. :lol: Would be interesting if the value slightly goes down for players of a country who had a recent stinker. An unlikely IF that made me think a bit. :)

On the topic, his arrival should only secure the 4-3-3 and probably we won't see Ba and Cisse playing together. Not sure if the latter is good or bad though.

I know. :lol: Would be interesting if the value slightly goes down for players of a country who had a recent stinker. An unlikely IF that made me think a bit. :)

On the topic, his arrival should only secure the 4-3-3 and probably we won't see Ba and Cisse playing together. Not sure if the latter is good or bad though.

Pretty obvious Pards prefer 4-4-2, any incomings will have to fit that system. Which is one of the reasons why there is no chance in hell of this happening.

Fullback and/or striker, anything else is a mere pipe dream.

Luke Edwards ‏@LukeEdwardsTele

Reliably informed there have been no approaches made for Tiote.Cabaye or Coloccini. As for incomings, it's all rather cagey from #nufc.

on a side note, and probably a Giggs - but did anyone see that divvy tweet what was presumably a text the other night?  :lol:

:lol: Aye, to his wife about when he was to come home

The fact that the paper is citing "sources in England" makes me take it with a grain of salt the size of the Gibraltar rock. It feels unlikely that the interest would have leaked on your side without any of your papers picking it up before a Barcelona one does.

It's true we are hawking out Afellay though, and the agent has said there are "several clubs" that have talked to him.

Reliably informed there have been no approaches made for Tiote.Cabaye or Coloccini. As for incomings, it's all rather cagey from #nufc.

on a side note, and probably a Giggs - but did anyone see that divvy tweet what was presumably a text the other night?  :lol:

:lol: Aye, to his wife about when he was to come home

What did he write? :lol:

Edit:

Ah, probably that one

Hello pet, is Molly sleeping at ours? I'm gonna get a taxi about three I reckon xxxx

:lol:

Lot of Newcastle fans go on about remy being a target all summer and could be in behind carroll?

Has Pardew even mentioned the lad. I seen the quotes from his talk in where he said a lot of the players we were linked with were way off the mark and i just assumed Remy was one of them?  :dontknow: