NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

5h Transfer News ‏@Transfer13News

We can confirm that Newcastle have been in talks with Bolton for striker David N'Gog. #NUFC #BWFC

Newcastle have had a £5M offer accepted for David N'Gog. #NUFC #BWFC

:2funny:

Things are really starting to get dire.

We can confirm that Newcastle have been in talks with Bolton for striker David N'Gog. #NUFC #BWFC

N'Gog? Would rather play Ranger and Ameobi. More goals and no need to waste money.

N'Gog? Would rather play Ranger and Ameobi. More goals and no need to waste money.

That link cannot be true.

On tenterhooks waiting to see who the striker we target next will be. Huge decision.

That is assuming there is another option of course ...

:undecided:

Going to be that fella from France, Abeymang or whatever he is called. Then at the end of the window nobody will be signed and that old chestnut "Well we tried but run out of time" will be rolled out.

http://i.imgur.com/GQ1o7.png

N'gog, man. :lol: :lol:

Never in a million years.

It makes sense. Young (i.e. potential resale value), winger/striker, and French.

:anguish:

We could almost certainly get Maiga or Graham for less than that so I seriously doubt they'd spunk any money on a toilet like N'Gog, let alone £5m. 

This lot are after value for money remember, not universal ridicule

http://i.imgur.com/GQ1o7.png

:lol: Oldtype in the corner

It was in one of the rags today (Mirror or Sun) that Danny Graham wants to be allowed to leave to go home to Sunderland (?!). If they got that wrong and he wants to come here then he's better than nothing, especially for Pardew's style. Not that I'm saying Pardew prefers hoof ball, before Inochi jumps in to remonstrate, just saying Pardew might make decent use of the lad  :whistle:

So how many clubs can we actually compete with on wages? We can't compete with Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, QPR and possibly West Ham. London gives Fulham an advantage.

When you think of it like that, it explains why we won't buy anyone that costs ~£10m or more. Because we won't pay them accordingly. Top half every year suddenly seems like a reasonable target.

Graham is currently better than anything we have past Cisse.... but so is David N'Gog. Certainly be less unhappy with Graham but why would he come here to sit on the bench when that is why he wants to leave Swansea.

At this point I would settle for a 100% improvement on Shola which should not be to hard to achieve

Wages shouldn't be too much of a barrier if we keep signing young, moderately priced continental players like Santon, Anita, Tiote etc and a few low cost refurbishment players like Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Ba.

It worked last year and probably would have this year if we'd kept doing it.

Graham is currently better than anything we have past Cisse.... but so is David N'Gog. Certainly be less unhappy with Graham but why would he come here to sit on the bench when that is why he wants to leave Swansea.

We could go 4-4-2, and by that I mean a proper 4-4-2 not Cisse on the wing. We could also rotate if we want to go with one striker, same as we should have done when Ba was here.