NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

If Colo stays CB is least of our problems.  STRIKERS STRIKERS STRIKERS WINGERS WINGERS.

It's not our biggest problem position imo, providing Colo stays, but Douglas on a free is too good to pass up on. He's of the required quality, a good age, and he brings characteristics to the table that we lack, which makes us vulnerable against strong forwards, especially with Saylor being so injury prone.

If we didn't get rid of anyone worthwhile (including Colo) and just signed a quality wide player and forward I don't think I would be that fussed tbh.

Krul, Santon, Haidara, Debuchy, Saylor, Colo, MYM, Debuchy, Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko, Marveaux, Anita, Ben Arfa, Gouffran, Cisse, New wide player, new CF.

That is 18 players who should be good enough to be 1st team starters.

Elliott, Perch and Bigi I have no concerns about, maybe even Jonas in a more central position, so it's the likes of Ferguson, Sammy, Tavernier, Campbell, Obertan, Shola Dummett, Good, Inman, Vuckic, Gosling, Abeid etc.. filling in very occasionally. The first 4 it would actually be quite promising to see.

Serious lack of goals in that team.

If the new CF is Messi and wide player is Bale it will do ;)

Seriously though I do think we have goals in this team, we just don't play a style to give them a chance.

I think Cisse, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Marveaux, Gouffran and Sissoko could all chip in with more than they did last season. Far worse players in this league seem to get their fair share.

6 in 26 and 3 in 12 are great returns for two central midfielders, both had a better ratio than Yaya Touré for example...

Guest taps01

He's a lucky motherfucker to have ended up at Newcastle.

He served a purpose time to move him on now.

Guest neesy111

He did a job for us when he came in and looked decent in his 1st season.  Time for both parties to come to an amicable split.

He did a job for us when he came in and looked decent in his 1st season.  Time for both parties to come to an amicable split.

Oh yeah, I agree, it's just amazing he ended up here based on that record.

Guest neesy111

Good needs a spell at a Championship club for me before seeing if he's good enough for the 1st team.

Be a decent move for him if he gets first team football. He's been a model pro for us, I would like to think he'll be replaced...

Is it possible Curtis Good will be taking his place next season? If so is he capable?

No idea., guess he'd be cheap so it's a possibility. He seemed pretty mediocre whenever I saw him in Bradford's cup run albeit he was at LB sometimes.

I guess if the club thought he was going to be competent but wanted to get him more experience it might make sense for us to deviate from our no loanee policy. We could get someone in for a season or a half season and allow Good to continue his education at a more appropriate level, without having to pay for a player.

2 million would a nice deal, i think Williamson gets a lot of unfair stick like, probably from myself as well at times. He is there for cover, just unfortunately with Taylor being such a shambles fitness wise, he's had to play an awfully lot more than he really should have been doing and obviously gets found out. It wouldn't bother me were we to keep him, he's more than adequate for a 4th choice CB imo. Think he showed once we signed Mapou that he can come in when called upon for the odd game here and there and do a job without much a of a fuss, it’s just when that odd game here and there stretches to a long run in the side that he gets crucified.