NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Bent is shit. He's a freakish byproduct of the of the modern Premier League where a relegation standard player can garner CL level fees and wages. Worth buying if you're a god awful team who needs goals and is willing to sacrifice the rest of the team, build the whole set-up around him and scrape surivival.

That's why he's played for Ipswich, Charlton, Sunderland and Villa who all scratched around trying to avoid relegation while he was there. Spurs he failed at, because he's shit and can't play in an actual football team trying to achieve something.

I don't get the Bent dislike - he's a good player.

I like him as a player, and do think he's underrated, massively even by some, but he's not what we need, not at all. Cisse and him are just too similar for me.

He's a better option than we have at the moment - can at least play him if Cisse is out of form or injured.

I remember a game either last season or the season before where he was on for 70 minutes or so and he didn't touch the ball a single time :lol: you've got to build a team around someone like that. No ta.

Bent is shit. He's a freakish byproduct of the of the modern Premier League where a relegation standard player can garner CL level fees and wages. Worth buying if you're a god awful team who needs goals and is willing to sacrifice the rest of the team, build the whole set-up around him and scrape surivival.

That's why he's played for Ipswich, Charlton, Sunderland and Villa who all scratched around trying to avoid relegation while he was there. Spurs he failed at, because he's shit and can't play in an actual football team trying to achieve something.

About 80% true. Think you are overly harsh on him, on fire and in form he's deadly, but it's been years since that and there's little chance he'll regain it now he's 29. His pace will soon go, he's lost some already and then he'll be done at top flight, that's if he's even still interested in being there football wise (he enjoys the money of course and why hell more than likely sit at villa on the bench till his contract is up)

Bent is s***. He's a freakish byproduct of the of the modern Premier League where a relegation standard player can garner CL level fees and wages. Worth buying if you're a god awful team who needs goals and is willing to sacrifice the rest of the team, build the whole set-up around him and scrape surivival.

That's why he's played for Ipswich, Charlton, Sunderland and Villa who all scratched around trying to avoid relegation while he was there. Spurs he failed at, because he's s*** and can't play in an actual football team trying to achieve something.

About 80% true. Think you are overly harsh on him, on fire and in form he's deadly, but it's been years since that and there's little chance he'll regain it now he's 29. His pace will soon go, he's lost some already and then he'll be done at top flight, that's if he's even still interested in being there football wise.

Sums it up really. He was class at Ipswich, was gutted when we missed out on him.

Don't rate Bent at all sorry, combine that with the fact he loves himself so much. In terms of poaching goals probably is pretty decent - but we already have that type in Cisse who is a better all round player who works harder.

If Bent isn't getting any chances it's like having 10 men. He offers absolutely nothing outside of the box.

I don't get the Bent dislike - he's a good player.

I like him as a player, and do think he's underrated, massively even by some, but he's not what we need, not at all. Cisse and him are just too similar for me.

He's a better option than we have at the moment - can at least play him if Cisse is out of form or injured.

On a free I'd consider it, at 6 million and no doubt sizeable wages, no thanks.