NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Don't rate Bent at all sorry, combine that with the fact he loves himself so much. In terms of poaching goals probably is pretty decent - but we already have that type in Cisse who is a better all round player who works harder.

If Bent isn't getting any chances it's like having 10 men. He offers absolutely nothing outside of the box.

It's not even that so much, you can excuse a player like that so long as doesn't ruin the rest of the side. Hernandez thrives in various different systems at Man United and with different partners, Inzaghi did throughout his career.

But every time you play Bent you HAVE to build the side around his ugly strengths. He's just smack average and not worth it. In all honesty he'd have probably been a better fit than Cisse for us last season the way we were set up to play, but by christ if that's the long term future of the club :anguish:

I'm against the Carroll signing, but I'd much much much rather have him than Bent. I couldn't think of much worse fits in terms of signings, apart from maybe Carlton Cole.

Don't rate Bent at all sorry, combine that with the fact he loves himself so much. In terms of poaching goals probably is pretty decent - but we already have that type in Cisse who is a better all round player who works harder.

If Bent isn't getting any chances it's like having 10 men. He offers absolutely nothing outside of the box.

It's not even that so much, you can excuse a player like that so long as doesn't ruin the rest of the side. Hernandez thrives in various different systems at Man United and with different partners, Inzaghi did throughout his career.

But every time you play Bent you HAVE to build the side around his ugly strengths. He's just smack average and not worth it. In all honesty he'd have probably been a better fit than Cisse for us last season the way we were set up to play, but by christ if that's the long term future of the club :anguish:

I'm against the Carroll signing, but I'd much much much rather have him than Bent. I couldn't think of much worse fits in terms of signings, apart from maybe Carlton Cole.

I agree with that - the two you mention though Hernandez and Inzaghi were superior players. Bent is lazy imo and almost relies on tap ins and like you say his attitude is cringeworthy. Avoid.

Little more than Bent's agent putting word out that he's available for £6m IMO. Even if we have enquired, we won't be signing him. It'll be pissed on by the locals tomorrow.

Proved he can lead the line and score goals in sides that create little to be fair to Bent. Not my kind of player and he'd be an odd signing for a multitude of reasons:

Plays in the PL

Legs have fallen off already

No resale value

Can't play in a 4-4-2

Wouldn't compliment Cisse in the slightest

Needs to work with good wingers

Thrives on penalty area action

Proved he can lead the line and score goals in sides that create little to be fair to Bent. Not my kind of player and he'd be an odd signing for a multitude of reasons:

Plays in the PL

Legs have fallen off already

No resale value

Can't play in a 4-4-2

Wouldn't compliment Cisse in the slightest

Needs to work with good wingers

Thrives on penalty area action

Would have to take a 50%+ pay cut.

If £6m is right, would be at the top end of what we pay for players (Cisse MEGADEAL aside).

There's literally no chance. If it was £3m then maybe.

A free transfer Douglas and Darren Bent.  Quality rather than quantity.

Seen much of Douglas have you?

A bit, but it's not the point of the post particularly.  Would you say that Douglas would significantly increase the quality of our first 11?  It does stink quite a bit of doing things for as little as possible.  Certainly Douglas is not of a higher quality than the players we were signing previously.  If we are going to sign players purely for quality then i'd certainly be looking for a couple of players who would come in as two of our very best.

I'm not adverse to the signing of Douglas.  And I don't actually believe the Bent link.  I was mostly just being a dick.

A free transfer Douglas and Darren Bent.  Quality rather than quantity.

Seen much of Douglas have you?

A bit, but it's not the point of the post particularly.  Would you say that Douglas would significantly increase the quality of our first 11?  It does stink quite a bit of doing things for as little as possible.  Certainly Douglas is not of a higher quality than the players we were signing previously.  If we are going to sign players purely for quality then i'd certainly be looking for a couple of players who would come in as two of our very best.

I'm not adverse to the signing of Douglas.  And I don't actually believe the Bent link.  I was mostly just being a dick.

Fair enough, but yes, I do believe Douglas would improve our first 11. He's better (and importantly more reliable) than Saylor and complements both Colo and Mbiwa well imho, who I don't see forming a successful partnership together.

I don't like our penny pinching much myself, but if getting Douglas in on a free means we have funds available for a winger we wouldn't otherwise have (if we went for Sakho for example), I'm all for it.

£6 million for a proven 1 in 2 striker isn't bad at all.

He's currently a 1in 4 striker.

179 in 426 says wiki  :dontknow:

I meant this season. His previous matters very little, he's not that player any more.