NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest johnson293

Luke Edwards ‏ @LukeEdwardsTele

#nufc & #safc both have interest in Hoilett which shd be interesting. Far more than realistic than N'Zogbia was for either 12 mnths ago

I'd be happy with that.

oh yes...not that strong...but still young....he will become very good....very sad he is injured for the euros :'(

The danish media is going nuts about this rumour. Would be very delighted if we got the chance to sign this talented left wing back. Only thing is that he has been injured for the last couple of months with setbacks from the same thigh injury. But this might be the reason that Newcastle could get him and not Manchester United or some other club in that range.

That being said I think he could do good in Ajax for another couple of years with a maximum of playing time.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/newcastle-close-to-finalising-transfer-plans-ahead-of-euro-assault-1-4525023

Newcastle close to finalising transfer plans ahead of Euro assault

By MILES STARFORTH

Published on Tuesday 8 May 2012 10:30

ALAN Pardew needs a Newcastle United squad capable of competing at home and abroad next season – and the club’s transfer strategy is close to being finalised.

However, there will be outgoings as well as incomings at St James’s Park this summer.

Pardew has held a series of meetings over transfer strategy with the club’s hierarchy in recent months.

And United’s summer plans will be finalised at the end of the season, with the club, which wraps up its campaign at Everton on Sunday, still having a chance of qualifying for the Champions League, which could strengthen Pardew’s hand given the riches on offer in the competition.

At least one defensive arrival is expected, with FC Twente’s Douglas and PSV Eindhoven’s Erik Pieters understood to be targets.

And Reims midfielder Romain Amalfitano, 22, has reportedly already agreed a three-year deal with Newcastle. However, there will also be departures, with Aston Villa-target Danny Guthrie certain to leave.

And striker Leon Best’s future also in doubt.

Guthrie hasn’t been involved in recent weeks despite recovering from a calf injury, and the midfielder didn’t join his team-mates for the post-match lap of appreciation after Sunday’s defeat to Manchester City.

The 25-year-old, out of contract at the end of the season, was involved in talks over a new deal earlier in the season, but discussions were eventually shelved until the summer.

Guthrie has grown increasingly frustrated at a lack of opportunities, his appearances having been limited by the form of Yohan Cabaye and Cheik Tiote.

And Best – who has recovered from the knee injury which has sidelined him since February – hasn’t made Pardew’s last two squads, having been an unused substitute at Wigan Athletic.

The 25-year-old was a key figure for Pardew in the first half of the season. And the Republic of Ireland international – who yesterday missed out on a place in Giovanni Trappatoni’s Euro 2012 squad – told of his intention to play again before the end of the campaign.

However, Best isn’t expected to be involved in United’s final game against Everton at Goodison Park.

The club will also listen to offers for striker Nile Ranger, who has been on loan at Sheffield Wednesday.

Defender James Tavernier, recalled from a loan spell at MK Dons last month, is waiting to hear whether he will be offered a new deal.

Tavernier, 20, has earned praise from Pardew this season, and it would be a surprise if he wasn’t part of his long-term plans.

Meanwhile, 19-year-old Melbourne Heart defender Curtis Good – who had a trial on Tyneside recently – is waiting to hear whether he will be invited back to the club.

The club is revamping its development squad this season, and Pardew is keen to bring in at least two younger defenders.

I'll be surprised if we buy anyone this summer from the Premier League.

Why? we bought Ba and Obertan last summer.... if the player is good enough and the price is low enough ( which Hoilett would be due to being out of contract)

Get him, a midfielder, a RB/LB and CB and sell no big stars and i'll be delighted and quite frankly dont think we need anymore than that.

Why? we bought Ba and Obertan last summer.... if the player is good enough and the price is low enough ( which Hoilett would be due to being out of contract)

Get him, a midfielder, a RB/LB and CB and sell no big stars and i'll be delighted and quite frankly dont think we need anymore than that.

Good enough reason to stay away  :lol:

50% hit rate in PL

100% in Europe (Awaiting judgment on Marveaux)

50% hit rate in PL

True enough  :lol: still means we will purchase from this league if we think the players in question are good enough and prices aint ridiculous.

50% hit rate in PL

True enough  :lol: still means we will purchase from this league if we think the players in question are good enough and prices aint ridiculous.

Wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see us go for Hoilett. One of Big Mike's traditional moves, shooting for a player we could get well below market value.

50% hit rate in PL

Wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see us go for Hoilett. One of Big Mike's traditional moves, shooting for a player we could get well below market value.

I agree about Hoilett, looks like a good player.

But i am sure he would demand high wages.

Time will tell!

Everyone has off days but he looked turbo s**** in yesterday's game.

Tbf its hard to look good when Blackburn are utterly awful and will drag any decent players down with them.....

I have seen enough this season to suggest his level is ALOT higher than Blackburn.

We also need a striker who can cover for Ba and Cisse while they're away. If we're letting Ranger, Lovenkrands and Best go, we must be bringing one, maybe two strikers. One for the development squad, and another to have a go while our Geordie boys from Senegal are doing their thing in Africa.

We also need a striker who can cover for Ba and Cisse while they're away. If we're letting Ranger, Lovenkrands and Best go, we must be bringing one, maybe two strikers. One for the development squad, and another to have a go while our Geordie boys from Senegal are doing their thing in Africa.

Best? i we had Ben Arfa and Hoilett on the wings i would be confident in him putting the abundance of chances away that would obviously come his way.

Aye we should definitely be looking to add a young up and coming striker in the 19-21 year old range to develop - only really got Sammy in that bracket and he doesn't look like an out and out striker.

Aside from that theres only Adam Campbell who won't be anywhere near ready and Ranger who is a waste of space.

I'd be happy with that.

oh yes...not that strong...but still young....he will become very good....very sad he is injured for the euros :'(

The danish media is going nuts about this rumour. Would be very delighted if we got the chance to sign this talented left wing back. Only thing is that he has been injured for the last couple of months with setbacks from the same thigh injury. But this might be the reason that Newcastle could get him and not Manchester United or some other club in that range.

That being said I think he could do good in Ajax for another couple of years with a maximum of playing time.

would love him here....but he is not ready for this league....a couple of years more in ajax would be best for him!

I'd be happy with that.

would love him here....but he is not ready for this league....a couple of years more in ajax would be best for him!

I don't disagree. But after a few more years in Ajax, he's not within our range anymore. Then he's bound for the biggest clubs around. So this might be our chance to snap him up. And I think he could be ready sooner rather than later for this league.

Arsenal's start to the transfer window is already proof of how difficult it will be for us to be anywhere near them next season. Vital transfer window for us, can't wait for it tbh.

Have they gotten anyone but Podolski?