NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

For starters, Toivonen is not a striker. He is more of an attacking central midfielder. But I think we can find better options

No thanks.

Agreed.

"In 76 Eredivisie matches, he scored 35 goals and set up many more".

What am I missing?

76 Eredivisie matches, he scored 35 goals

76 Eredivisie matches

Eredivisie

:pow:

Laaaazy cliché. I'm going on record as saying he'd be a massive bargain and would do very well for us.

I am proud of you, on the record and all.

He might be good, or he might flop. Seen way too little of him to pass any judgment.

If Toivonen is cheap enough and is brought in to be played as an attacking midfielder then I'd be quite happy with that.

It would at least indicate that Pardew intends to go with 433 next season.

If he's being brought in as part of the front 3 then no thanks.

Guest Brazilianbob

Whoever we bring in it won't be until next week as player contracts don't begin until July the first

Guest Roger Kint

Whoever we bring in it won't be until next week as player contracts don't begin until July the first

Thats got nowt to do with anything.

Haven't seen enough of Toivonen to make a judgement on him, but he sounds like the type of player we should be after. Can play in a couple of different positions, might be a nice squad player.

For starters, Toivonen is not a striker. He is more of an attacking central midfielder. But I think we can find better options

No thanks.

Agreed.

What am I missing?

I don't know. I've seen a fair bit of him and he's been good, but not impressive. It seems that PSV still don't know his best position; he's not a good enough goal scorer to be a striker and not technical and creative enough to be an attacking midfield player. At 5 million he would be worth it I guess as he would be a good enough squad player, but I think PSV would want a lot more than 5 million for starters, as there have been numerous rumours in the past about Liverpool interest and >10 million transfer fee estimations. Overall, I wouldn't be unhappy if we signed him for a reasonable fee, but likewise I wouldn't be unhappy if we didn't.

A transfer target rumoured earlier in the close season, Maher from AZ, has indicated he wants to stay in NL and looks like moving to PSV. 7 million euros offered, but AZ are holding out for 12 million. Maybe PSV are sorting out their Toivonen replacement, although I think Maher is more a central midfielder player than a forward.

I don't really see the connection? Surely, you can't mean money wise...

More signings = More excitement for the fans = more 'impulse buys' of season tickets from the fickle fans.

More like just more leaks to the local media about possible signings tbh.

I don't really see the connection? Surely, you can't mean money wise...

More signings = More excitement for the fans = more 'impulse buys' of season tickets from the fickle fans.

More like just more leaks to drivel by the clueless local media about possible signings tbh.