NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest neesy111

Rose has gone to Sunderland. I'm sure i just read that on SSN.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Data-Star-Trek-Fist-Pump.gif

:lol:

I suspect we have been trying to offload him for big money all summer, but no one has been interested at the price we are looking for, and our failure to complete the move has held up everything else.

Based on what exactly?

Random negative assumptions like this really annoy me. For some reason they have credibility as well.

Based on the fact that buying low then selling high is our stated transfer policy.

Pardew has mentioned "value" several times and Tiote clearly isn't worth £20m, yet that is the price constantly quoted. Who is putting that price tag out there?

The one player we have signed for any sort of a fee looks like he could be his replacement.

The amount of times Pardew says "I hope a bid doesn't come in for one of our players. Theres no way we could say no to the right offer" has started to look like hes advertising them for sale. No other managers go on like that.

So hardly a "random" assumption. I also don't see whats negative about it.  If we got £20m for Tiote to reinvest in the side that would be excellent business. Arguably pulling a similar trick with Carroll is what has got us such an improved side in the last 18 months

The fact we've been "trying to offload Tiote all summer" is totally made up though, none of those fact leads to that conclusion. Anita is nothing like Tiote anyway, and Bigi is only a nipper.

I went to the Ajax game last weekend vs NAC Breda where they won 5-0, Wiel was good going forward, but wasnt tested defensively so couldnt comment. Looked neat on the ball.

NAC were so bad, barely went forward, was like a training match.

Its unlikely we will do a deal, but if we did he would be decent, and would provide competition for Simmo.

Guest reefatoon

Pardew press conference in a few mins. May find out if we are bothering to make a move or not.

"We'll go with what we've got".

We are really really hoping that no clubs come in with huge, massive offers for any of our players, as we might not be able to resist . . . .