NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Dunno. There's nowt to say that we pull the plug on transfers if players don't agree to keep their gob shut. I just instantly think there is less chance of us signing a player that is mouthing off, even if we've been linked to him before.

i'd say the main put off is that there seems to be a 'bigger' club in for him. doubt we'd pull the plug over him saying something like that.

I think it's more that a player's generally using us to drum up more interest, has happened to us a few times in the recent past and usually leads to them going elsewhere.

usually though if they name someone it's because there has been contact, if not the club can just say "no we haven't, prove it you dumb motherfucker"

I think it's more that a player's generally using us to drum up more interest, has happened to us a few times in the recent past and usually leads to them going elsewhere.

usually though if they name someone it's because there has been contact, if not the club can just say "no we haven't, prove it you dumb motherfucker"

Well yeah, I don't think there's much doubt that we've been in contact in most of these cases including this one, thought we were discussing the effect that the player's comments might have on a possible transfer to NUFC.

Well yeah, I don't think there's much doubt that we've been in contact in most of these cases including this one, thought we were discussing the effect that the player's comments might have on a possible transfer to NUFC.

oh aye, i don't think his comments would stop us.

oh aye, i don't think his comments would stop us.

Me neither really, I just think such comments shed some light on the situation.  If the transfer was looking likely and he was keen on signing on NUFC then there'd be no mention of other clubs from him.