NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest BooBoo

Anyone who advocates further weakening our squad going into next season is a fucking idiot IMO.

I'd say more a buffoon, but generally I agree.

Guest Howaythetoon

Come off it, whenever he played, in the main it was like playing with 10 men. He is a coward as well. Shying out of tackles and 50-50s. I say he is one of the worst because he came from Man Utd, cost us 3m, comes with a bit of a reputation and hails from a country that is renowned for producing quality players. That and physically he has all the attributes, especially his pace. I consider his technique to be very good too, but his brain.... jesus wept. It really is like he is a mong when on the ball. Waste of a shirt. Peddle him and replace him with youth in terms of the squad. Routledge was never good enough but a much better performer for us.

Come off it, whenever he played, in the main it was like playing with 10 men. He is a coward as well. Shying out of tackles and 50-50s. I say he is one of the worst because he came from Man Utd, cost us 3m, comes with a bit of a reputation and hails from a country that is renowned for producing quality players. That and physically he has all the attributes, especially his pace. I consider his technique to be very good too, but his brain.... jesus wept. It really is like he is a mong when on the ball. Waste of a shirt. Peddle him and replace him with youth in terms of the squad. Routledge was never good enough but a much better performer for us.

Clip about moving goal posts. Probably counts as a football clip, edited.

Guest bimpy474

I have seen a lot worse than Obertan over the years, A LOT WORSE.

Garry "fuckin" Brady. Amazingly bad.

How many assists did he gets last season? 5 or 6?

That's actually not bad for, at the moment anyway, a s*** player.

A lot more assists than the £20 million rated Downing.

this isn't going to go down well but Obertan's actually my favourite player. So intelligent and what he lacks in pace he more than makes up for in technique.

Goes to show it's a game of opinions but don't think he reads the game well at all and for last season was most dangerous when he ran very fast in a straight line.

In pre-season he's certainly shown a bit more dexterity on the ball. The one thing that is unforgiveable is the way he stops once a move has been broken down- again he needs to be much more alert to his position when we don't have the ball.

He's by no means the worst player we've seen in that position but I struggle to see him getting a regular game.

this isn't going to go down well but Obertan's actually my favourite player. So intelligent and what he lacks in pace he more than makes up for in technique.

Goes to show it's a game of opinions but don't think he reads the game well at all and for last season was most dangerous when he ran very fast in a straight line.

In pre-season he's certainly shown a bit more dexterity on the ball. The one thing that is unforgiveable is the way he stops once a move has been broken down- again he needs to be much more alert to his position when we don't have the ball.

He's by no means the worst player we've seen in that position but I struggle to see him getting a regular game.

err, I think Oakie is providing a bit of comic relief. Been one of the more useful posters in the summer break for not taking things too seriously

Yeah, Obertan's not exactly brilliant, but I've seen far worse. Has pace, can finish, has set up goals. He really isn't THAT dreadful, I think opinions on him have been overly polarised by his competition in the early part of last season with Ben Arfa for the wide right spot. With Obertan keeping out the crowd favourite, he was always going to be the antichrist if he didn't get a hattrick every game.

Yeah, Obertan's not exactly brilliant, but I've seen far worse. Has pace, can finish, has set up goals. He really isn't THAT dreadful, I think opinions on him have been overly polarised by his competition in the early part of last season with Ben Arfa for the wide right spot. With Obertan keeping out the crowd favourite, he was always going to be the antichrist if he didn't get a hattrick every game.

BS!

Guest hydeous

I wouldn't disagree with that. Was sad to see him being booed last season. I do wish football fans were slightly less bipolar sometimes.

He scored 1 goal.

I actually think there is a hint of truth in this but despite sticking up for him he was pretty bad (if not as awful as made out).

As TT and I have mentioned, he is very Bramble like in the fact he has all the attributes apart from a brain. I hope we manage to succeed with this one because Obertan could (very unlikely) be very, very dangerous.

Quite like the idea of him as a forward, based on not much at all other than giving something else a try. Still think loaning him out to a team who would play him every game could be the making of him. He got to the age where players need competitive games (Ferguson, Vuckic, Abeid, Sammy etc..) then moved to one of the biggest clubs in the world where he stood little chance so his developement stalled for another few years.

I actually think there is a hint of truth in this but despite sticking up for him he was pretty bad (if not as awful as made out).

As TT and I have mentioned, he is very Bramble like in the fact he has all the attributes apart from a brain. I hope we manage to succeed with this one because Obertan could (very unlikely) be very, very dangerous.

Quite like the idea of him as a forward, based on not much at all other than giving something else a try. Still think loaning him out to a team who would play him every game could be the making of him.

Based on the fact that in his natural position he manages to achieve it to a truly horrible level.