NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Pisstake. Ba, Cisse and Shola our only 3 recognised forwards in a season with potentially 50+ games.  Really poor and a damning insight into the boardroom's ambition.

Could technically be half a season tbf, but that does rely on a player becoming available cheap in January so not very likely.

Pisstake. Ba, Cisse and Shola our only 3 recognised forwards in a season with potentially 50+ games.  Really poor and a damning insight into the boardroom's ambition.

Nothing we didn't really know already. Ryan Taylor started how many PL games last season?

It's a strange one, but the chaps at the top may need to consider that the model has to evolve as other clubs stick to their valuations and your requirements increase in line with targets.

Getting the likes of Tiote and Cabaye at bargain prices has been brilliant but it may also have created unrealistic expectations in the boardroom....

Hugely, hugely disappointed if this is the case, will certainly be an opportunity missed, though I think the writing has been on the wall for while.

Underprovisioned in key areas at one of the most important times in the club's recent history. Clearly they're hoping the kids can make a step up. Whether or not they're able remains to be seen.

There goes the big hitters next summer unless we improve in January imo. Fucking stubborn.

The ultra, ultra, ULTRA cynical side of me thinks that's exactly what Ashley wants.

:buck2:

The masterplan of evil comeback in full effect.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9507274/Newcastle-manager-Alan-Pardew-is-content-with-his-squad-as-the-transfer-deadline-approaches.html

“We’re not really trying to get players in,” said Pardew, whose side play Greek club Atromitos tonight following a 1-1 draw in Athens in the first leg of their Europa League qualifier. “I’m 100 per cent happy to go with what we’ve got. I think the squad can cope with Europe.

“The young lads are going to get games this season. I’ve been saying to them, ‘This is your year.’

“I think we’re just watching the market and seeing if anything pops its head up to see if it’s appealing.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9507274/Newcastle-manager-Alan-Pardew-is-content-with-his-squad-as-the-transfer-deadline-approaches.html

“We’re not really trying to get players in,” said Pardew, whose side play Greek club Atromitos tonight following a 1-1 draw in Athens in the first leg of their Europa League qualifier. “I’m 100 per cent happy to go with what we’ve got. I think the squad can cope with Europe.

“The young lads are going to get games this season. I’ve been saying to them, ‘This is your year.’

“I think we’re just watching the market and seeing if anything pops its head up to see if it’s appealing.”

How spineless. Another window he's completely lied to us then.