NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Some negative bastards on this forum like. We haven't sold anyone, we have strengthened our midfield and full back positions. Fair enough we don't have a back up striker, but we can play Cisse upfront and play Marv on the wing.

I bet that you have worked at the super market for the last 20 years collecting the bad fruits day after day and still ok with it as there's still good fruits on the table.

This is bollocks. Can't believe we didn't bother to get Debuchy in ffs

:lol: Didn't bother.

Because transfers are just that simple.

Doesn't get a lot more simple than the player actually to come here though does it?

Clubs like to make out that transfers are oh-so-complicated but it's funny how they manage to get several done in a day when they need to.

Aye.  If both clubs want deal done ASAP it'll be done ASAP.

Well obviously, the problem is if the clubs disagree about something.

I say "didn't bother" because I don't think we tried hard enough, in fact I think we took the piss with our valuation. I know spending over the odds is something we've done before and it's fucked us, but  surely if we met their valuation it'd be done.

This is bollocks. Can't believe we didn't bother to get Debuchy in ffs

:lol: Didn't bother.

Because transfers are just that simple.

Doesn't get a lot more simple than the player actually to come here though does it?

Clubs like to make out that transfers are oh-so-complicated but it's funny how they manage to get several done in a day when they need to.

Aye.  If both clubs want deal done ASAP it'll be done ASAP.

Well obviously, the problem is if the clubs disagree about something.

Is it pure coincidence that all clubs somehow come to an agreement on deadline day? :lol:

This is the problem we face - we will always disagree because we insist on putting in ludicrous starting bids to try and unsettle the player. How many times now have we been told to stop taking the piss?

Some negative bastards on this forum like. We haven't sold anyone, we have strengthened our midfield and full back positions. Fair enough we don't have a back up striker, but we can play Cisse upfront and play Marv on the wing.

I bet that you have worked at the super market for the last 20 years collecting the bad fruits day after day and still ok with it as there's still good fruits on the table.

:lol: Great analogy. Leaving the good fruit & taking away the bad would make sense if you worked there yeah.

I like how we pull off several potential signings of the season for the past 2 years, and we don't get a back up striker or a right back and we are a selling club, and Ashley has no ambition.

It's funny how people ignore this post and continue on complaining :lol:

I like how we pull off several potential signings of the season for the past 2 years, and we don't get a back up striker or a right back and we are a selling club, and Ashley has no ambition.

Because what has happened before has little relevance. Football is constantly moving. If you stand still, you get left behind.

Because what has happened before has little relevance. Football is constantly moving. If you stand still, you get left behind.

That is absolute bollocks, and if you really believe this then it's not surprising most of your posts are clinically depressing. How is the fact we have made brilliant signings in the recent past irrelevant? Surely it means we are capable of making brilliant signings, and might do again in the future?

Wullie man, I know you think I'm too positive or whatever, but that attitude beggars belief.

This transfer window has shed a lot of light as to why Sir Bobby was sacked for finishing 5th.

Fans are fickle as fuck, and there are no two ways about it.

:undecided:

If you stand still you can get left behind, or our players can improve more as a team. We have a young squad who will only get better. On our starting 11, Simpson is a weak link, but he was vital last season. We lack depth but Perch, Anita and Raylor (sadly injured though) can cover a lot of positions, as can Jonas, Marv. We have Bigi coming through and Amalfitano. Also a make or break season for Vuckic.

That is absolute bollocks, and if you really believe this then it's not surprising most of your posts are clinically depressing. How is the fact we have made brilliant signings in the recent past irrelevant? Surely it means we are capable of making brilliant signings, and might do again in the future?

Wullie man, I know you think I'm too positive or whatever, but that attitude beggars belief.

Clinically depressing. :lol:

How is my confidence that we could have qualified for the Champions League this season with some modest investment depressing?

If it's not irrelevant, why has nearly every other club strengthened their squad, including the champions? Surely they should have gone with your attitude of "made some good signings last year so we'll not bother"?

How is my confidence that we could have qualified for the Champions League this season with some modest investment depressing?

If it's not irrelevant, why has nearly every other club strengthened their squad, including the champions? Surely they should have gone with your attitude of "made some good signings last year so we'll not bother"?

You've changed the argument now, what I said was that what he have done in the recent past is relevant, and we should take positives from it.

My attitude isn't at all what you've said either, you totally made that up. Guess you know that though.

If you stand still you can get left behind, or our players can improve more as a team. We have a young squad who will only get better. On our starting 11, Simpson is a weak link, but he was vital last season. We lack depth but Perch, Anita and Raylor (sadly injured though) can cover a lot of positions, as can Jonas, Marv. We have Bigi coming through and Amalfitano. Also a make or break season for Vuckic.

Bit early for that imo, he's 19.

Got to agree with Wullie here. Look at Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs... even Everton. They've all strengthened far more than we have. Even tight arsed Arsenal. All these teams seem to have moved away from us and Everton are definitely now challenging. Even the likes of Sunderland, Swansea and Stoke have caught up a little with regards to their position 3 months ago.

Got to agree with Wullie here. Look at Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs... even Everton. They've all strengthened far more than we have. Even tight arsed Arsenal. All these teams seem to have moved away from us and Everton are definitely now challenging. Even the likes of Sunderland, Swansea and Stoke have caught up a little with regards to their position 3 months ago.

Jeez, how hard is it to stick to one point?

Wullie said what we had done in the past was irrelevant, I argue that it's stupid to dismiss everything we've done because of a poor window.

Wullie said what we had done in the past was irrelevant, I argue that it's stupid to dismiss everything we've done because of a poor window.

As far as this season is concerned it is irrelevant though. Who's dismissing everything we've done? The only aims are to not be caught by any of the teams below us (although Chelsea will) and try and overtake those above us - how does anything prior to now affect that?

And Ian, if we don't finish in the top six at the very least (realistically we need the top four and have known that all summer long), all those signings will certainly be irrelevant because all those players will be out the door.

As far as this season is concerned it is irrelevant though. Who's dismissing everything we've done? The only aims are to not be caught by any of the teams below us (although Chelsea will) and try and overtake those above us - how does anything prior to now affect that?

This was the post that started it:

That you dismissed as being irrelevant. If you didn't mean that then fair enough, we can talk about the actual point.

None of those clubs had our form from January onwards after Cisse. Bar maybe Everton who similarly signed a striker in January, except hadnt had one as effective as Ba before that like us. Due to that theyve now signed Mirallas & only got naismith on a free. You're also claiming us qualifying for the champs league is based on replacing a right back & signing a few squad players which is massively debatable.