NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

SkySportsNews ‏@SkySportssNews

Alan Pardew has blasted Newcastle owner Mike Ashley for not investing in the 2 players at the top of his wish list. #NUFC

you're a f***ing idiot.  Get back to me when you've realised why.

f*** you :) Im new to this twitter bullshit

You're obviously new to the concept of spelling as well.

:papiss:

:lol:

What a crap window.

Didn't get any forwards to replace Best and Loverman,  Simpson is still our #1 rightback and we're still fecked if Saylor gets injured.

7 hours left though.

On the bright side our young 'uns will play more.

Still, what a crappy window indeed.

What a crap window.

Didn't get any forwards to replace Best and Loverman,  Simpson is still our #1 rightback and we're still fecked if Saylor gets injured.

7 hours left though.

It is ridiculous like. As promising as Anita looks, and a good signing, there's even an argument to say we didn't even need him. I'd certainly swap him for a striker now if i could.

Fuck's sake. The ultimate target this season is 65 matches. That would be all the league games and progressing to all the finals in the cups. Obviously, it would be ridiculous to expect that - but every football team is out to win every single match, and we don't have a squad that is anywhere near capable of managing even a realistic amount.

Fucking infuriating. Such a chance wasted.

Is that a real tweet?

Yep.

Followed by -

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

No surprise that #nufc won't be doing business. Carroll was the one they were looking at: when he went it was always going to be quiet.

Is that a real tweet?

Yep.

Followed by -

No surprise that #nufc won't be doing business. Carroll was the one they were looking at: when he went it was always going to be quiet.

We could've wrapped up Debuchy/Douglas if we weren't so fixated on Carroll, could we. :hmm:

What a crap window.

7 hours left though.

On the bright side our young 'uns will play more.

Still, what a crappy window indeed.

I know, but I doubt they'll get the job done in Europe.

I guess it wouldn't be as bad if Spurs didn't strengthen as much but still.

Is that a real tweet?

Yep.

Followed by -

apart from the fact pards basically admitting yesterday that we never really stood much of a chance of getting carroll anyway

Guest neesy111

That's ridiculous transfer planning to only have 1 target for a position.  At least when the Maiga deal fell through last December we got Cisse.

That's ridiculous transfer planning to only have 1 target for a position.  At least when the Maiga deal fell through last December we got Cisse.

The Maiga deal fell through in the summer and we got no other striker actually, and had to wait till January.

Basically, it's what's happening again now.

Hey, at least their consistent right?

So doesn't that tell you that they are aware of contingency planning? We clearly wanted De Jong, but he didn't want to come, so we shifted our focus to Carroll once it was made clear that he wasn't wanted at Liverpool. Carroll was obviously just an opportunistic business move by Ashley. Did they drop the ball on this one? Definitely in my view. But it doesn't mean they don;t know how to plan.

I think Cisse was always preferred to Maiga, it was just that Freiburg were only willing to sell in January.

Guest neesy111

The Maiga deal fell through in the summer and we got no other striker actually, and had to wait till January.

Basically, it's what's happening again now.

Hey, at least their consistent right?

No it didn't. Maiga failed a medical in December.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/12/16/modibo-maiga-fails-his-newcastle-united-medical-72703-29967542/