NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest neesy111

That article mentions some bloke called Henri Leclerc who has something to do with Puma and has a part in our French recruitment approached someone at Sochaux.

I like your spirit, but this is ridiculous blind faith.  We aren't signing anyone.

A lot is relying on Cisse and Ba's conversion rates, which were pretty much top tier last season.

We needed this year to have better allround play and create more clear cut chances as teams will be better prepared for us. Forget the defence being one key inj away from being vuleranable if our strikers stop converting a lot of 'half chances' as they did last year the problem will be bigger and more all encompassing.

Little uncomfortable this feeling that those around us have crept ahead now (not spurs).

This is what I'm saying, not even having a decent backup striker is a joke.  Who do we have on the bench to change it upfront?

We don't have to play two up front every game. In fact I'd argue an extra midfielder makes sense with the players we've got.

:thup:

For a front 2/3 we have -

Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Ameobi, Amalfitano, Obertan, Vuckic, Sammy and Marveaux.

Obviously it will be a lot better to have one of Ba or Cisse fit but we have enough players around them to fill in for periods. Plus it isn't for the whole season, we could potentially sign someone in January.

We actually have tons of forwards if we count wide forwards and central attacking midfielders.

We have improved our central midfield area and retained those wide midfielders who can also play up front, plus addditional youth cover.

Defensively, we have extra utility cover albeit we have now lost Ryan Taylor. We have failed to get a right back to improve on our obvious weak link, but our weak link is not that bad making him actually hard to improve on. Good means we have a 5th choice defender Pardew can feel more confident in using.

Other fringe players from our academies are getting more games this season and it is good to see them get a chance.

So our weakest overall position is goal. Behind Krul, Elliott seems to have lost his place to Harper, and Harper looks slower and slower.

So while it is good to improve the team further, I think we have improved the team in some areas and failed to do so in others but it is hard to find really good players willing to be backup, or excellent players to improve what we have.

So all in all it is a decent but unspectacular transfer window, and we should expect to challenge Spurs and Liverpool and possibly Arsenal, finishing 4th-7th which would represent a successful first season back in Europe.

I'm going to regret asking, but do we actually have the lowest net spend of the whole league in this window?

Some other teams net spend will look bad as they've sold a player or 2 for a large amount.

We've made £5million  :yao:

I'm going to regret asking, but do we actually have the lowest net spend of the whole league in this window?

Some other teams net spend will look bad as they've sold a player or 2 for a large amount.

We've made £5million :yao:

What?

From player sales.

Guest bimpy474

What?

From player sales.

Spent £9m though.

What?

From player sales.

Spent £9m though.

bimby pls

Guest bimpy474

What?

From player sales.

Spent £9m though.

bimby pls

I know sorry.

The no loan thing is quite annoying, seen as a false economy but surely if you are just covering the wages/some of the wages you are being given a player for free for a year ???

Just don't understand not loaning the odd player to act as cover, especially in what this year looks like a long season for - dare I say it- a small squad.

Couple of days old but interesting...

http://www.competition.dz/Actualite/-EN-:-Abeid-victorieux-de-Gate-Shead

Well done on our win against Gate Shead first of all, but that says Abeid is going to Turkey on loan, and according to Vahid Halilhodzic the Algeria manager, it's the reason he wasn't selected in the Algerian national site. Seems an amusingly shite website. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Couple of days old but interesting...

http://www.competition.dz/Actualite/-EN-:-Abeid-victorieux-de-Gate-Shead

Well done on our win against Gate Shead first of all, but that says Abeid is going to Turkey on loan, and according to Vahid Halilhodzic the Algeria manager, it's the reason he wasn't selected in the Algerian national site. Seems an amusingly shite website. :lol:

Turkey's window shut after ours, probably bullshit but its possible from that aspect.