NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

That's ridiculous transfer planning to only have 1 target for a position.  At least when the Maiga deal fell through last December we got Cisse.

I think Cisse was always preferred to Maiga, it was just that Freiburg were only willing to sell in January.

We attempted to wrap up the Maiga deal first before moving to Cisse after Maiga's medical failed iirc.

That's ridiculous transfer planning to only have 1 target for a position.  At least when the Maiga deal fell through last December we got Cisse.

I know it's super cheeky, but I don't think they were trying to buy Carroll for a position, but for potential resale value once we built him back up :lol:

Buy low, sell high and all that./

The Maiga deal fell through in the summer and we got no other striker actually, and had to wait till January.

Basically, it's what's happening again now.

Hey, at least their consistent right?

No it didn't. Maiga failed a medical in December.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/12/16/modibo-maiga-fails-his-newcastle-united-medical-72703-29967542/

It also fell through in the summer if you remember, and we didn't bother going back in for a striker... I think that's what he means.

Yup! Definitely.

We were haggling over the fee up until the last minute, having unsettled Maiga and pissed off Socheaux.

Only for Socheaux to tell us to do one, and we then were left with nothing.

That was the story last summer from what I remember.

Guest neesy111

The Maiga deal fell through in the summer and we got no other striker actually, and had to wait till January.

Basically, it's what's happening again now.

Hey, at least their consistent right?

No it didn't. Maiga failed a medical in December.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/12/16/modibo-maiga-fails-his-newcastle-united-medical-72703-29967542/

It also fell through in the summer if you remember, and we didn't bother going back in for a striker... I think that's what he means.

Ok. :thup:

No doubt this is a naive outlook or will be perceived to be but with the big TV windfall money coming in at the end of the season, I imagine we will look to be active then. A lot of PL clubs have spent money they don't have in anticipation of that (there's been unprecedented spending in the smaller sides) Tv money. When some inevitably get relegated or don't do that well, they will potentially need to sell players cheap or certainly won't be able to spend big in the transfer market. I could see us doing some very good business in the summer.

I'm not excusing the lack of spending in this window, or saying it was what I wanted but I hope there's some truth in what I've written. Aside from that, I can't wait for 11pm

No doubt this is a naive outlook or will be perceived to be but with the big TV windfall money coming in at the end of the season, I imagine we will look to be active then. A lot of PL clubs have spent money they don't have in anticipation of that (there's been unprecedented spending in the smaller sides) Tv money. When some inevitably get relegated or don't do that well, they will potentially need to sell players cheap or certainly won't be able to spend big in the transfer market. I could see us doing some very good business in the summer.

I'm not excusing the lack of spending in this window, or saying it was what I wanted but I hope there's some truth in what I've written. Aside from that, I can't wait for 11pm

Next summer  :okay:

More likely that transfer fees will go up and we don't even want to pay them now.

£403, 500,000 spent by premier league clubs. f*** sake man the world is crazy. Still £3mil of that is from us :D wooooo

..and yet Pardew bangs on about Champions League.... :idiot2:

What is a shame is that it wouldn't have required much money to give his words some credence.

More likely that transfer fees will go up and we don't even want to pay them now.

Maybe you're right, I could be proved to be a fool but I think it will work out because all the signs over the past two seasons have said it's been working

They're far more likely to just spend the next seasons money.

The sad thing is we're only a couple of players short of keeping the momentum going.

Yep. The most disappointing thing for me.

lack....of.....ambition. 

Can see the likes of Cayabe being offski next season.  He'll want Champions League football.  All the top teams have invested - how Pardew thinks we can compete is anyones guess.

The sad thing is we're only a couple of players short of keeping the momentum going.

Aye. We threw away some points last season by not having back ups and its going to happen again.

3 strikers, 3 proper centre backs and hardly any full backs. Even a few promising youngsters would have been nice in those positions so we'd at least have some back up. It's pretty obvious Pardew would have liked faces in. He was probably slapped down for suggesting a replacement for Ryan Taylor last night.

Some negative bastards on this forum like. We haven't sold anyone, we have strengthened our midfield and full back positions. Fair enough we don't have a back up striker, but we can play Cisse upfront and play Marv on the wing.

Some negative bastards on this forum like. We haven't sold anyone, we have strengthened our midfield and full back positions. Fair enough we don't have a back up striker, but we can play Cisse upfront and play Marv on the wing.

Strengthened our full back positions so much that Danny Simpson's one of the first names on our teamsheet. :lol:

Selling Best counts as selling "someone" when he isn't replaced.