NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

When you consider what we've done with a profit, it's maddening that a little bit more sensible expenditure could have us challenging for the CL.

This is the key for me like.

When you consider what we've done with a profit, it's maddening that a little bit more sensible expenditure could have us challenging for the CL.

Instead, we have slipped behind Everton. A traditionally selling club who at least this time chose to spend the money they received for their big summer sale.

The policy is by no means terrible, yet it remains ultimately unambitious. As a result whilst it took us to the heights of 5th, it will be for the same reason why we don't match or better that season in the immediate years to come.

Good post!!!

Very frustrated we didn't try to kick on from last season. Debuchy, Hoilett and a really good CB (as well as the promising squad players we picked up) non of which would have been particularly expensive and that would not be an unreasonable expectation after getting into europe and we'd have been should have been able to improve and challenge for that fourth spot again. It seems to have frustrated and demotivated some of our players too : (

If there was one thing that convinced me how important the midfield is it was watching man u dominate us there with their 4411 with Rooney linking up attack and midfield.

To think we could have lined up for some our games with a far more balanced team:

Krul

Debuchy Taylor  Colo  Santon

Tiote                Jonas/Anita

Cabaye

Ben Arfa                    Hoilett (or similar type player)

Ba/Cisse

Very frustrated that Ba and Cisse are clearly two very good strikers but seemingly can't play well together. Pardew is trying to keep them both happy and find a system they are both happy in that works for the team. But so far although it's worked out for Ba with 6 goals it just hasn't worked out for us as a team and we are playing poorly. Would be very interesting to see how we would play in the 433 from last year.

It's a really difficult situation as Ba is a really good striker but is clearly not happy playing on the top left of a 433 and he did look really out of place there. He's got that buy out clause hanging over him and is down to the last twelve months of his contract at the end of this season.

I'd be tempted to force the issue with him i.e. get him to sign another contract without that clause.

I'm not sure it's "very efficient" tbh. Efficiency would have seen us correctly address the squad weaknesses over the summer rather than buying another defensive midfielder. That may have put us in a position where we were not having to rely on players like Mike Williamson week after week.

We buy players who represent a safe option and who wont lose value rather than buying the players we actually need to push the club on. I don't think there's anything efficient in such a strategy at all if I'm perfectly honest.

I don't think that's true. We bought a defensive midfielder who's adept at playing RB and maybe even a little LB if need be. Anita offers a lot of versatility that a pure CB would not.

I'm not sure it's "very efficient" tbh. Efficiency would have seen us correctly address the squad weaknesses over the summer rather than buying another defensive midfielder. That may have put us in a position where we were not having to rely on players like Mike Williamson week after week.

We buy players who represent a safe option and who wont lose value rather than buying the players we actually need to push the club on. I don't think there's anything efficient in such a strategy at all if I'm perfectly honest.

I don't think that's true. We bought a defensive midfielder who's adept at playing RB and maybe even a little LB if need be. Anita offers a lot of versatility that a pure CB would not.

Yeah, but the fact remains we needed a decent CB far more than we needed a utility man.

£7m would have bought us a pretty good one as well.

It shouldn't be one or the other. We've known for years that we needed a CB who can improve us but yet again we're stuck with 2 CB's who, at best, keep us treading water.

I'd call the "policy" effective but not efficient. We get good players but not enough of them.

It shouldn't be one or the other. We've known for years that we needed a CB who can improve us but yet again we're stuck with 2 CB's who, at best, keep us treading water.

I'd call the "policy" effective but not efficient. We get good players but not enough of them.

When was the last time this was not the case?

Considering the break even budget we have, I think we have a remarkable number of 'good players'.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfer-gossip-jeroen-zoet-1380511

He's a keeper! Newcastle send top scout and goalies coach to watch prospect

Graham Carr and Andy Woodman spent Monday night in the Netherlands running the rule over PSV Eindhoven's Dutch U21 international Jeroen Zoet

Newcastle are trying to land Dutch goalkeeping Jeroen Zoet - after sending a delegation to watch him in action.

Toon's talent-spotting super-spy Graham Carr and goalkeeping coach Andy Woodman flew out to see the 6ft 3in shot-stopper play for his country's Under-21s against their Slovakian counterparts on Monday.

Zoet, 21, is a PSV Eindhoven player, but is currently on loan at RKC Waalwijk.

He could be snatched in a bargain deal as potential cover for - and eventually, as competition for - currently-injured number one Tim Krul.

Veteran Steve Harper has been filling Krul's gloves since he picked up an elbow injury, but Newcastle want a younger reserve, too.

Zoet kept a clean sheet in the game in Rotterdam, as the Dutch completed a 4-0 aggregate win to qualify for next summer's European U21 Championship in Israel.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfer-gossip-jeroen-zoet-1380511

He's a keeper! Newcastle send top scout and goalies coach to watch prospect

Graham Carr and Andy Woodman spent Monday night in the Netherlands running the rule over PSV Eindhoven's Dutch U21 international Jeroen Zoet

Newcastle are trying to land Dutch goalkeeping Jeroen Zoet - after sending a delegation to watch him in action.

Toon's talent-spotting super-spy Graham Carr and goalkeeping coach Andy Woodman flew out to see the 6ft 3in shot-stopper play for his country's Under-21s against their Slovakian counterparts on Monday.

Zoet, 21, is a PSV Eindhoven player, but is currently on loan at RKC Waalwijk.

He could be snatched in a bargain deal as potential cover for - and eventually, as competition for - currently-injured number one Tim Krul.

Veteran Steve Harper has been filling Krul's gloves since he picked up an elbow injury, but Newcastle want a younger reserve, too.

Zoet kept a clean sheet in the game in Rotterdam, as the Dutch completed a 4-0 aggregate win to qualify for next summer's European U21 Championship in Israel.

Much too highly rated/hyped over here to be a serious option for our bench.

Atletico Madrid star Radamel Falcao admits he grew up idolising Newcastle United legend Tino Asprilla.

Falcao is a top January target for Manchester City and Chelsea.

"My favourite was of course Faustino. I always support other Colombian players - and he showed that South Americans can handle the English game," said Falcao

Blatant Toon fan is the top striker in world football. :D

Guest WashyGeordie

Atletico Madrid star Radamel Falcao admits he grew up idolising Newcastle United legend Tino Asprilla.

"My favourite was of course Faustino. I always support other Colombian players - and he showed that South Americans can handle the English game," said Falcao

Our belated January 'wow' signing?

Stupid Mag Kernts think they are signing Falcao in January.

#Deluded #ftm #1-9 #sthum

Guest WashyGeordie

Stupid Mag Kernts think they are signing Falcao in January.

#Deluded #ftm #1-9 #sthum

:iamatwat:

Guest Rob 1988

Napoli and Newcastle to do battle for Arsenal ace

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2012/10/napoli-and-newcastle-to-do-battle-for-arsenal-ace/

Although it was reported last week Napoli were interested in Arsenal’s Johan Djourou, according to Calciomercato, Newcastle United are also keen on the player.

Roma too had been linked with a move for the Swiss international during the summer but opted instead to bring in Leandro Castan.

The 25-year-old would add more cover to Napoli’s defence after the arrival of Alessandro Gamberini and Bruno Uvini in the summer transfer window.

He has fallen out of favour at Arsenal and has been an unused substitute in every one of their Premier League games this season and has started only once, in their League Cup win over Coventry City.

:scared: