NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

According to the Sun we signed him.

Football

HOT PROPERTY ... Moussa Sissoko

Toon set a Mous trap

By MEL HENDERSON

Published: 28th October 2012

NEWCASTLE have pipped a host of Premier League rivals by agreeing to sign France midfielder Moussa Sissoko.

The 23-year-old’s deal at Toulouse expires at the end of the season and he is free to sign a pre-contract agreement from January 1.

Sissoko has already committed himself to the Toon — which is bad news for Spurs, Liverpool, Everton and Fulham, who were also keen.

Another Frenchman, winger Charles N’Zogbia, will be out for several weeks for Aston Villa after hurting his knee.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4614625/Newcastle-agree-to-sign-Moussa-Sissoko.html#ixzz2AeLlxLJB

Tiote would definately be sold, if Sissoko is coming in. If it frees up 20 million pounds to then sign a forward, centre half and right back. Then im all for it.

We are lucky if we get 12 mil with this season performance of his. I am really disappointed in his performances this season.

Tiote would definately be sold, if Sissoko is coming in. If it frees up 20 million pounds to then sign a forward, centre half and right back. Then im all for it.

We are lucky if we get 12 mil with this season performance of his. I am really disappointed in his performances this season.

Im disappointed with Tiote, Cabaye, Jonas, Cisse and Marveaux. 4 of these players were key to our great season last year, and to have to carry all 4 of them plus the usual crapiness of Simpson and Williamson. Its a real disappointment.

Im disappointed with Tiote, Cabaye, Jonas, Cisse and Marveaux. 4 of these players were key to our great season last year, and to have to carry all 4 of them plus the usual crapiness of Simpson and Williamson. Its a real disappointment.

You got a point but Tiote he started 4 games and he was shit. Against Norwich he came on and he was like a trying to kill some one with the aggersion. This he is our most important player thing clearly turn his head around.

Guest bimpy474

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Understand Sissoko is a target but reports that pre-contract signed are premature. Couldn't be done until Jan at earliest #nufc

Wow, thanks Lee.........

Sissoko is a box to box midfielder of sorts. He's certainly not a 'defensive midfielder' in the same sense as Tiote or Anita. He can sit in front of the back four or play further forward. Toulouse have a good amount of depth in midfield with Capoue and Etienne Didot but I imagine they would be gutted to lose Sissoko for nothing.

Again this reeks of ah well there's a player who we can get for cheap instead of going out and spending money on the positions that we actually need to. That seems to be our transfer strategy, let's see if we can get a bargain and try and shoe horn them in.

Again this reeks of ah well there's a player who we can get for cheap instead of going out and spending money on the positions that we actually need to. That seems to be our transfer strategy, let's see if we can get a bargain and try and shoe horn them in.

Aye, no plan or strategy behind decisions, just looking for good deals. At least most of the players we're linked with in the past year gives this impression.

We need 2-3 defenders and an adequate winger imo.

Guest neesy111

:thup:

Guest neesy111

Another midfielder to unbalance our already unbalanced squad even more.  It's clear our transfer policy is to only sign players we know we will make a profit on.

I don't know Sissokho, but we could do with a midfielder who could really attack the box. Cabaye is more of a playmaker, and Gosling doesn't look like he'll make the grade.

Our best sides have had a striker who can roam around to link with the midfield (Beardsley, Bellamy) coupled with a midfielder(s) who can get forward into the box (Lee, Speed/Dyer). At the moment, we don't really have either, and our movement is very poor.

If we can fill those situations vacant, we can make some real progress.

Guest bimpy474

Personally i think we need another holding player, Tiote misses so many games and Perchy isn't a proper one.

Anita is imo most defintely not one. Trying to work out his position but i think even Pardew doesn't see him as the holding type player he thought he was buying.

The one thing Sissoko certainly would bring to our midfield, is a bit more energy and drive, as I've said he is not strictly a holding midfielder, and if I had to compare him to a current Premier League player, it would be either Ramires or Yaya Toure. He's not on the same level as them, but his style is similar and he would certainly be a useful player to have. Especially if we got him for nowt.

The one thing Sissoko certainly would bring to our midfield, is a bit more energy and drive, as I've said he is not strictly a holding midfielder, and if I had to compare him to a current Premier League player, it would be either Ramires or Yaya Toure. He's not on the same level as them, but his style is similar and he would certainly be a useful player to have. Especially if we got him for nowt.

:thup: If it means Gosling or someone else not up to it then it sounds like it'd be a masterstroke. Maybe it spells the end of Jonas although given his vice captaincy it would seem unlikely.

With the players we've been linked with and signing Anita and Bigi, you'd think Pards is keen on playing 4-3-3.

The fact is, we're probably just targeting bargains or players like Anita that can act as cover to 2-3 positions. 

The quotes from Del Boy about purple players is even more worrying now.  We actually have quite a big squad depth wise, I don't think we need more cover FFS.  We lack any real quality in certain positions and I would argue 2 or 3 of our first choice XI are not good enough to play on a weekly basis in a top half side.