NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Is the asking price not like 17 million or something stupid? I mean f*** me.. we could fix our defence with that lot.

Liverpool are out of their skulls if they think they can make any more than 12 mill out of him now. He spends more time on the sick than playing.

Still - it can go either way with him if he came back. He could revitalize his career or bog down and be released to a lesser club in less than 2 years

Or he could be a partner in utter moronicity (is that a word ?) with Nile Ranger

Article says it would be summer, tbf.

Can just link any striker to us in the summer tbf.

I'm not claiming it has any credibility, it's the Daily Star. Just explaining why the "2 clubs" thing didn't come into it.

Carroll for £8m would be an ok deal, any more and it's crazy money.

I would be OK, best bit would be how stupid Liverpool would look.

Overall I don't want Carroll.

Na I don't, but would have been happier in the summer had we got him, now he just looks a wreck on and off the pitch. I do believe we'd get a better Andy Carroll than anyone else though, and that is what I'd hold on to should we sign him.

If Pardew is here till 2020 then we might as well get the best targetman we can, and live off that. He also could be a good partner for Cisse, he'll have no problem being the donkey in a Heskey & Owen style combo.

Carroll for £8m would be an ok deal, any more and it's crazy money.

I would be OK, best bit would be how stupid Liverpool would look.

Overall I don't want Carroll.

Na I don't, but would have been happier in the summer had we got him, now he just looks a wreck on and off the pitch. I do believe we'd get a better Andy Carroll than anyone else though, and that is what I'd hold on to should we sign him.

If Pardew is here till 2020 then we might as well get the best targetman we can, and live off that. He also could be a good partner for Cisse, he'll have no problem being the donkey in a Heskey & Owen style combo.

Oi Carroll you fancy coming back? We're looking for a donkey! :lol:

There's a good chance he'd get back to his old self if he came back. :)

Unless Carroll has an absolutely brilliant season at West Ham, i honestly can't see why we would want him back. Even if he suits a style Pardew wants to implement.

Like i said back in the summer; i think the Carroll thing was PR. If we'd re-signed the lad for half the price, it would've made us look mint and Liverpool like mugs; regardless of the player's ability. If he was any other player, he wouldn't suit the transfer policy they so rigidly stick to.

West Ham seem to be linked to a lot of strikers at present so I wonder if they are having second thoughts about Carroll.

2 big injuries and no goals. They would be mad to be thinking of spunking their load on him atm.

I guess he'll pick up second half of the season, its not like he can get any worse and Liverpool certainly won't be recalling him.

Unless Carroll has an absolutely brilliant season at West Ham, i honestly can't see why we would want him back. Even if he suits a style Pardew wants to implement.

Like i said back in the summer; i think the Carroll thing was PR. If we'd re-signed the lad for half the price, it would've made us look mint and Liverpool like mugs; regardless of the player's ability. If he was any other player, he wouldn't suit the transfer policy they so rigidly stick to.

I agree, unless it's for peanuts then I'm worried it will be a poor signing for us. He doesn't fit the wide striker mould and Cisse surely is our main main the centre? Unless we are going back to 4-4-2 or want that as another option I guess. Carroll ironically did stick in some good crosses when out wide for us, but like his goal scoring for us I've not really seen much of him back to his old self at all.

I'm also really worried he's too injury prone.