NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Roger Kint

Don't believe a word of it.

We will still be open to business.

We are always open, if the price is right.

Welcome to the football world.

Don't think Cabaye is going anywhere soon but wouldn't be surprised if one of Tiote, Krul or Santon left before Thursday

This is based on nothing at all

Just not used to all this good news and am waiting for reality to hit

Thanks for letting us know then.

There are actually sound reasons for both Tiote and Santon being possible sales - firstly, the club have spent far more than they intended to do in this window due to the dire league position and failure to strengthen last summer. Ashley will want to bring some money back in if possible and I wouldn't rule out a striker being signed if his club accept a deal towards the end of the deadline.

Secondly, we have signed a LB and a RB in this window - Santon is wanted by at least 1 Italian club and if Ashley could get 8m plus, I reckon he would go. Tiote has not been a shadow of the player he could be and we have signed a good replacement in Sissoko ; we know Man U wanted him last summer but wouldn't pay the price...remember Llambias' comment about 'Purple players'....

The Santon links are speculation at best, and Tiote has played so badly that no top club is going to give us a big offer for him.

Anyway, nobody knows, and obviously it's possible we will sell someone. But we don't really have a history of selling our players unless the situation or bid makes it impossible not to. I just find the idea that we're looking to sell people unfounded.

All the signs are that Ashley does not want to go through the experience of relegation again, and has made an exception to the usual strategy to address that. I can't see him letting anyone go, unless a replacement is lined up. Not this time.

All the signs are that Ashley does not want to go through the experience of relegation again, and has made an exception to the usual strategy to address that. I can't see him letting anyone go, unless a replacement is lined up. Not this time.

don't delude yourself if he gets an andy caroll sized offer for anyone they're off

The Santon links are speculation at best, and Tiote has played so badly that no top club is going to give us a big offer for him.

Anyway, nobody knows, and obviously it's possible we will sell someone. But we don't really have a history of selling our players unless the situation or bid makes it impossible not to. I just find the idea that we're looking to sell people unfounded.

I have heard that Santon's girlfriend, local to North East and quite young (19ish), is pregnant.  Anyone else heard that?  If so I cannot see him wanting to leave just yet - plus it would be unlikely for such a young girl to want to go and live in another country with a new born baby.

Is that the same as grasping at straws?

don't delude yourself if he gets an andy caroll sized offer for anyone they're off

Big if mind.

Big if mind.

obviously but lets just keep who we're dealing with in mind.

Big if mind.

obviously but lets just keep who we're dealing with in mind.

But that's no different to most clubs not just Ashley.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

AP on further business in transfer window: "It's never over until it's over. You can never say never." #nufc

intredasting. I still think we'll bring in a striker. Even just on a free (if there are any available, that is).

We should go for a Rossi type loan but, you know, actually use them. Or promote AC 2.0 (Adam Campbell).

We don't have anyone worth enough to warrant a superbid. Cabaye and Ben Arfa would/should fetch 15-20mil but don't think anyone is willing to pay it at the moment.

15-20m is what I'd expect us to want in the summer, would be a Carroll-esque bid to take one of the two ATM.

a more complete quote from a better journo than ryder

Miles Starforth ‏@milesstarforth

Asked about more outgoings/signings, Pardew said: 'Never say never, but in terms of players coming in, that's probably it.' #nufc

we're done.

a more complete quote from a better journo than ryder

Miles Starforth ‏@milesstarforth

Asked about more outgoings/signings, Pardew said: 'Never say never, but in terms of players coming in, that's probably it.' #nufc

we're done.

Hopefully Jonas & Xisco out

Probably looking to shift Simpson.

no doubt with Raylor back in training and Tav there as well and obviously Debuchy we can afford to get rid of him without losing any cover. Doubt we'll shift him though, suits simpson better to wait to move until the summer