NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest pont-toon

From Pardew's recent quotes it sounds like NUFC had been planing (or had already arranged?) to get Gouffran and Sissoko for free in the Summer. Our current perilous league position resulted in their signings being moved forward. Getting players when they are out of contract or are coming to the end of their contract seems to be a major part of our recruitment process. Are there any other decent players who are coming to the end of their contract? That would probably be a good indicator as to who we are watching for this window and the Summer window.

Douglas ?

Ince will surely move back to Liverpool and in this window too.

Think his Dad wouldn't let him move to us. Seems to not like us much.

Dad's generally don't, we're the football equivalent of the boyfriend who turns up on a motorcycle.

Think his Dad wouldn't let him move to us. Seems to not like us much.

Dad's generally don't, we're the football equivalent of the boyfriend who turns up on a motorcycle.

:lol:

Brilliant.

Can't see it personally, especially if they buy Coutinho. I think most teams will wait to the summer.

Why? Rodgers said he wants a couple more, Coutinho plays through the middle, Ince is a winger. Blackpool surely want to cash in on him now while they can get money. Surprised we aren't in for him tbh. Won't cost much due to his contract running down.

Not sure where to post this, but good summary of our new signings.

http://www.just-football.com/2013/01/newcastle-uniteds-french-players-analysis/

:thup:

Throw it in that The French Connection - Allez the lads thread :)

O0 Done.

"Gouffran is a tall target man who has certainly upped his game this season, becoming increasingly more prolific in a Bordeaux side that struggles for goals."

He's 1,76 m isnt he? (this is based on "gouffran height" on google)

Jury is out for me on Douglas; Whenever I've seen him he looks slow on sluggish, and at times his positional sense is very average; maybe his heart isn't at Twente no more and he isn't giving 100% I don't know

Jury is out for me on Douglas; Whenever I've seen him he looks slow on sluggish, and at times his positional sense is very average; maybe his heart isn't at Twente no more and he isn't giving 100% I don't know

Out of interest, how often have you seen him?

I could live with that pretty much.

If we're going to lose Colo, I'd settle for having someone we've clearly watched for the best part of 1-2 years to replace him. I don't think we'd sign him after that long if we didn't like the look of him.

Same here.

Would be a massive stepback if Colo went in the summer and we just settled with Taylor.