NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Defensive midfielder aint he ? sure we were linked with him a week or so ago

Yes us and Southampton... Was in the papers (12th)...

Thought so.. seems a strange signing unless we are looking to send Bigi out on loan and shift Tiote in the summer.

William Vainquer is the name keeps coming now GFN reporting we are after him strongly.

RMC have just reported it after us! The player would be available for about €2.5m.

At the age of 24, still yet to reach the heights that many have predicted for him. No formal offer from NUFC yet.

I'm sure I've been called this a few times.

William Vainquer is the name keeps coming now GFN reporting we are after him strongly.

RMC have just reported it after us! The player would be available for about €2.5m.

At the age of 24, still yet to reach the heights that many have predicted for him. No formal offer from NUFC yet.

I'm sure I've been called this a few times.

:lol:

Guest Roger Kint

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan

Having seen a fair bit of William Vainqueur at Nantes and in Belgium I do not think he's good enough for the Premier League

How many times will this player be linked to us ffs? Somebody wants him sold this window :lol:

Graham put in a transfer request, would be happy to see him through the gates. Miles better than Shola, absolutely a decent back-up imo. He wouldn't be the most expensive either, neither in terms of fee or wages.

Graham put in a transfer request, would be happy to see him through the gates. Miles better than Shola, absolutely a decent back-up imo. He wouldn't be the most expensive either, neither in terms of fee or wages.

Don't need more backup up front, need a first team player imho..

Ideally yea, but now we really need more numbers for the front line. Ranger is fucking shit, both mentally and as a striker, Campbell is deemed to young/light weight, and Shola is not good enough. That leaves the unproven Gouffran behind Papiss.

So I agree that we need players to compete about the starting position, but i disagree about us not needing more back-up

:thup:

Ideally yea, but now we really need more numbers for the front line. Ranger is f***ing s***, both mentally and as a striker, Campbell is deemed to young/light weight, and Shola is not good enough. That leaves the unproven Gouffran behind Papiss.

So I agree that we need players to compete about the starting position, but i disagree about us not needing more back-up

Backup players are "not good enough" (to be first team players) by definition. We have 4 already, 5 if you count Xisco. We don't want to be stuck with backup players for years on end, unless they're young and promising, which Graham isn't.

I would take Graham, there is 'not good enough' then there's our back up players. Graham is absolutely worlds away from Ranger, Shola or Xisco.

If we had to rely on either of those due to a long term Cisse injury I think I would probably have to end it, especially given the quality we have in the rest of the positions it would be soul destroying.

I would take Graham, there is 'not good enough' then there's our back up players. Graham is absolutely worlds away from Ranger, Shola or Xisco.

If we had to rely on either of those due to a long term Cisse injury I think I would probably have to end it, especially given the quality we have in the rest of the positions it would be soul destroying.

We got Gouffran too, plus all these players would get in the way of Campbell getting match day experience. I wouldn't want Graham unless we managed to shift Xisco and Ranger. Shola may not be good enough for first team duty, but he will do as third choice for now, until we get in somebody significantly better than a solid backup option.

Problem is with Graham is that Swansea want too much for him (not that they wouldn't get it) at £6m he's a huge amount of money for us, and of course in France we'd get a much better player for that knowing us.

I like him, he's everything Cisse isn't, therefore would make a good backup to him, and maybe even a partner. He makes it had for defenders, always working hard, a threat in the air, brave and puts himself about and willing to work for the team. Cisses qualities lie elsewhere that's for sure.

You'd know he'd bust a gut for us, wouldn't be looking for his next move and be happy to be part of the squad. His wages wouldn't be daft while being light years ahead of anything else we've got upfront bar Cisse. But that asking price, it's a massive sticking point and why we won't be going anywhere near him. The £3.5m they paid is about right for us. If we could do a deal round that neck of the woods I reckon we'd be in for him. As it stands, totally priced out of this one.

Problem is with Graham is that Swansea want too much for him (not that they wouldn't get it) at £6m he's a huge amount of money for us, and of course in France we'd get a much better player for that knowing us.

I like him, he's everything Cisse isn't, therefore would make a good backup to him, and maybe even a partner. He makes it had for defenders, always working hard, a threat in the air, brave and puts himself about and willing to work for the team. Cisses qualities lie elsewhere that's for sure.

You'd know he'd bust a gut for us, wouldn't be looking for his next move and be happy to be part of the squad. His wages wouldn't be daft while being light years ahead of anything else we've got upfront bar Cisse. But that asking price, it's a massive sticking point and why we won't be going anywhere near him. The £3.5m they paid is about right for us. If we could do a deal round that neck of the woods I reckon we'd be in for him. As it stands, totally priced out of this one.

:thup:

I don't even think the price tag is in the region of 6 million, probably closer to 4. Still, he would be on significant wages, and turns 28 this upcoming summer. I would much rather spend that sort of money on a young, promising forward if we can't get that first team player in now, if we really feel we need cover in case Cisse gets injured.

Francois Piraux ‏@F8Piraux

I know very well William Vainqueur because he is a ex-FC Nantes player. Very good player, fast and technical. Perfect for EPL. #NUFC

:undecided:

My only logic thought process to this is NUFC are actually going to use Sissoko as a number 10

Francois Piraux ‏@F8Piraux

I know very well William Vainqueur because he is a ex-FC Nantes player. Very good player, fast and technical. Perfect for EPL. #NUFC

:undecided:

My only logic thought process to this is NUFC are actually going to use Sissoko as a number 10

My logic was that Marveaux might be sold in the summer and this guy would be the replacement.... thus =  :undecided: