NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

They couldn't play for them until January.

True, so not going to happen.

Why? Thought it was by season not calendar year.

Players may be registered for a maximum of three clubs during the period from 1 July until 30 June of the following year. During this period, the player is only eligible to play in Official Matches for two clubs.

As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected.

Don't think that exception would apply for England>France.

Beyond June 30 is effectively the new season anyway. Say for example Debuchy plays for Lille til Jan, plays for us til June 30, signs for them July 1.

I have a novel idea. It's called not selling all of our players just because someone is flashing cash at us.

Apart from Carroll, which was a pretty absurd offer to refuse, I don't think your owner has a history of doing that.

More to the people on here who are already counting the cash from the sale of half our best players.

I fully expect (hope) Debuchy sees the best of his career here and hope (expect) Mapou develops into the top class centre back everyone has billed him up to be throughout his career.

I'm honestly sick of these teams buying up players out no where its such a drag on the game and seems to be some new team added to the list every summer.

Hopefully this is all press bull as I'm a massive fan of the type of players we've been bringing in as they seem like top guys on and off the pitch.

They couldn't play for them until January.

True, so not going to happen.

Why? Thought it was by season not calendar year.

Players may be registered for a maximum of three clubs during the period from 1 July until 30 June of the following year. During this period, the player is only eligible to play in Official Matches for two clubs.

As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected.

Don't think that exception would apply for England>France.

Beyond June 30 is effectively the new season anyway. Say for example Debuchy plays for Lille til Jan, plays for us til June 30, signs for them July 1.

Aye, think that's right. I've had a pure beast :embarrassed:

Debuchy had a couple of average games - nothing terrible - and now a lot of our fans regard him with derision. He was fine imo. He'll come good.

:thup:

I by no means think he's shit. I love attacking fullbacks, so I hope he's class. I'm just slightly worried about his lack of pace. Though once he's settled into a more stable side, with more experience of playing in this league, his positioning will make his lack of pace less noticeable.

Debuchy had a couple of average games - nothing terrible - and now a lot of our fans regard him with derision. He was fine imo. He'll come good.

:thup:

I by no means think he's shit. I love attacking fullbacks, so I hope he's class. I'm just slightly worried about his lack of pace. Though once he's settled into a more stable side, with more experience of playing in this league, his positioning will make his lack of pace less noticeable.

If you say so. I don't see this lack of pace personally. He gets up and down the wing very quickly.

Unfortunately we appear to have quite a few Danny Simpson loyalists amongst our ranks who will pick up on absolutely anything Debuchy does wrong.  It's quite sad but I've seen/heard quite a few at games.

Exactly how I see it as well. It's very sad.

Unfortunately we appear to have quite a few Danny Simpson loyalists amongst our ranks who will pick up on absolutely anything Debuchy does wrong.  It's quite sad but I've seen/heard quite a few at games.

Some Northern Irish wazzock I know loves Danny Simpson because he "made 5 goal line clearances" the other season, as though that's the absolute benchmark of being a good defender.

Absolute moron.

There's no way they'll get MYM unless they pay huge money.

Either of them. Would be ludicrous IMO.

It's mad that my overriding doubt stems from the fact they'll probably go for someone better - as opposed to the fact we just signed him :lol:

fucking Falcao ffs.

Debuchy can trap, cross and pass a ball. A blind man could see who the better right back is.

He just needs time, like most imports into the league. Look at Colo and Enrique, they were far worse and are now class players.

Our support at times is amazingly short sighted

He just needs time, like most imports into the league. Look at Colo and Enrique, they were far worse and are now class players.

Our support at times is amazingly short sighted at times.

Ah, Joke Enrique? I remember that guy.

Deffo this, people were going on like he was Cafu when he said he was off.

Good point.

Ah, Joke Enrique? I remember that guy.

His extremely weird twitter photos remind us that he's still about.