NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

seems arsenal were linked with him in january as well

canny goal record

bit pointless on loan though

Not really, if your first choice strikers are going to be away for a slab of the season at the ACN canny to have a replacement (even if borrowed)

seems arsenal were linked with him in january as well

canny goal record

bit pointless on loan though

Not really, if your first choice strikers are going to be away for a slab of the season at the ACN canny to have a replacement (even if borrowed)

Fair point but I'd still like to think that if we're going to look at a young forward (and apparently spend the time sending people to watch him), that we'd be looking to bring him in permanently to help cover and develop him for our future rather than giving him the experience, sending him back and then being back to square one.

Good in the air and at holding up the ball, with clinical finishing ability and excellent movement, Morata drew comparisons to legendary Spaniard and former Real Madrid talisman Fernando Morientes due to his style

According to the article they have no interest in a sale, just loaning him out. Says we've had someone in Madrid for a few days keeping tabs on him.

hmm i know Madrid fans rave about him and wish he would be given more minutes but tbh i doubt he would want to come here to be back up when he can stay in Madrid to do the same thing.

Good player tho, target man with decent pace and technique........think Young Fernando Llorente.

Don't they have that Joselu kid who scored in his two appearances with them as well?

They have quite alot of exciting youngsters, Madrid actually have a very good youth system they just sell them instead of promoting them like Barca......

Mbwia most likely yo join us? Me like  :D

Montpellier defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, a target for Arsenal and Newcastle, has refused to sign a new contract at the Stade de la Mosson and admitted he could leave in the summer.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2012/03/23/mapou-yanga-mbiwa-hands-arsenal-and-newcastle-encouragement/60021/

Would be very excited if we got him. Seems to be exactly what we need.

Montpellier defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, a target for Arsenal and Newcastle, has refused to sign a new contract at the Stade de la Mosson and admitted he could leave in the summer.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2012/03/23/mapou-yanga-mbiwa-hands-arsenal-and-newcastle-encouragement/60021/

Me want :drool: he's the CB i want over any other ( yes above Douglas and Vertonghen) mainly because i believe he would be the perfect partner for Colo and his price is well within our policy.

Santon-Mbiwa-Colo-Pieters  :fwap:

BTW i highly doubt Arsenal are interested in any CB's, CB's is not thier problem lack of depth in midfield and at fullback is thier problem......

They have Vermealen, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Djourou and some other promising kids, CB isnt the problem its outside of Sagna thier fullbacks are utter crap and they dont have no real DM.

I really don't know enough about Mbiwa, Douglas or Vertonghen to be able to say which would be a better partner for Colo, but wouldn't a Mbiwa-Colo partnership be a bit too on the small side?

Yes but Mbiwa is extremely fast so no more getting outdone for pace in behind  :smug:

Krul claims all the crosses anyway  :D

From what i have seen Vertonghen would be the worse partner for Colo because hes far too similar he would be someone to buy to replace Colo but not to partner him.

Douglas or Mbiwa would be both fantastic but i want Mbiwa personally.

Yh Skeletor hes supposedly has a 5m buyout clause simarly to what Cabaye had would be a fantastic bit of business if so.