NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

A YOUNG footballer who killed a brother and sister in a car crash was released from prison today by mistake.

Former Man City and England U18 star Courtney Meppen-Walter walked free four months into a 16-month jail term for causing the deaths of Nissan Micra driver Kulwant Singh, 32, and Ravel Kaur, 37.

Police were today told of the error and efforts are being made to return the player to custody.

Meppen-Walter, 18, was jailed in February after admitting two charges of causing death by careless driving in his Mercedes in September as he drove at twice the 30mph limit.

Ms Kaur’s two teenage sons were hurt in the Manchester crash.

Speaking today before it became apparent Meppen-Walter’s release had been a mistake, Mr Singh’s widow Kushwant said she was devastated and added: “His sentence of 16 months was not sufficient in the first place.

“I have been badly let down by the criminal justice system.”

A Prison Service spokesman said: “Releases in error are very rare and we take any incident extremely seriously. An investigation will be carried out.”

Seen a documentary about this, awful stuff. Poor family just keep getting pissed on.

A YOUNG footballer who killed a brother and sister in a car crash was released from prison today by mistake.

Former Man City and England U18 star Courtney Meppen-Walter walked free four months into a 16-month jail term for causing the deaths of Nissan Micra driver Kulwant Singh, 32, and Ravel Kaur, 37.

Police were today told of the error and efforts are being made to return the player to custody.

Meppen-Walter, 18, was jailed in February after admitting two charges of causing death by careless driving in his Mercedes in September as he drove at twice the 30mph limit.

Ms Kaur’s two teenage sons were hurt in the Manchester crash.

Speaking today before it became apparent Meppen-Walter’s release had been a mistake, Mr Singh’s widow Kushwant said she was devastated and added: “His sentence of 16 months was not sufficient in the first place.

“I have been badly let down by the criminal justice system.”

A Prison Service spokesman said: “Releases in error are very rare and we take any incident extremely seriously. An investigation will be carried out.”

Seen a documentary about this, awful stuff. Poor family just keep getting p*ssed on.

Cool Rumour bro.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Ed Malyon ‏@eaamalyon

I'm told William Vainqueur's agent used interest from CPFC to help get new Standard Liege contract

Why do we wait so late to sign players, surely we want players in prior to pre-season to embed into the team. We will piss about after PEA, he will then fuck off to Dortmund or Anzhi and we will be left with nobody as Bony, Gomis, anyone else will have gone. We will pick up Carlton fucking Cole on a free at the back end of this month, convinced of it.

In the process we will have sold Perch, let Simpson go, probably sell Williamson and will not bring in a single replacement. I am happy to get rid of all of these but only if we bring in replacements - unless the plan is to promote young players. We are desperate to have an actual balanced squad as opposed to be ridiculously weak in certain areas (Up front, wings, non-defensive midfielders)

Guest chopey

We wont sign anyone like PEA, I hate to be pessimistic where Newcastle are concerned but I get the feeling Ashley is fed up and just wants to run the club on a shoe string, every year since he came he has allowed stories like this to be put in the press in the vain hope of building our confidence up and selling season tickets. How many times now have we heard "we just couldn't get the deal over the line" or "we ran  out of time".

Guest Phil K

Even if we sign Aubemeyang, it's still Kinnear calling the shots and Pardew coaching the team. The future is still bleak.

It's not bleak.

It's a nightmare

save wages

Why did we sign Cabaye, Marveaux and Ba all in June then?, Ashley just decided not to try to save wages for a laugh one season? ???

He probably saw the bill and thought 'but these cunts are only playing facking friendlies!'. So no more players signed in June.  ;)

We signed players early in 2007-2008 and in the 2011-2012 seasons, but none of the others.  The only logical explanation is that Ashley realised it was a waste of money in his first season.  But then he forgot for 3 years, then Cabaye ect reminded him which is why we waited later last season and this season.

The other theory is that its just not that easy to get the deals you want before July/August, which is why the massive majority of transfers for all clubs go through in those months.  But that would just be crazy talk :D

Most of Ashley's decisions make perfect sense of course, like doing away with the director of football nonsense for a few years then bringing it back.

Cool edit.

Most of Ashley's decisions make perfect sense of course, like doing away with the director of football nonsense for a few years then bringing it back.

Ah I see, he didn't forget that its a waste of money to sign players before July, he just sometimes changes his mind on the issue, got it.  Definitely strikes me as the indecisive type when it comes to money..