NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

48 days until we play City, would be nice to at least have a new striker and CB before then or even in enough time to be with the team for pre season. If we have scouted our targets why are we seemingly not making any progress.

48 days until we play City, would be nice to at least have a new striker and CB before then or even in enough time to be with the team for pre season. If we have scouted our targets why are we seemingly not making any progress.

You sound surprised.

Us scouting our targets so well doesn't increase the likelihood of doing quick deals, probably the opposite. Bewildering.

You don't feel we've done a good job in getting players here in recent times?

Obviously we need more, but I find this constant criticism of our transfer dealings extremely weird.

Most of the signings we've made have worked out pretty well, yeah. Little money has been wasted because the scouting seems very effective. My criticism is that rather than building on that success we normally use it to squeeze every last saved penny out of any deal and then miss out altogether.

Last summer was a fucking joke and I won't forget it, no matter how much bailing out went on in January. Completely the wrong way to go about things.

Kristan Heneage ‏@KHeneage 1m

William Vainqueur will not be coming to #NUFC. He has signed a new deal at Standard Liege. @d_demyttenaere with the details.

I thought he just bought out his contract?  :lol:

Guest neesy111

Us scouting our targets so well doesn't increase the likelihood of doing quick deals, probably the opposite. Bewildering.

Obviously we need more, but I find this constant criticism of our transfer dealings extremely weird.

We almost got relegated due to our transfer policy last season.

vainqueur william ‏@VainqueurW 29 Jun

Je respecte les supporters du Standard comme j'ai respecter le maillot pendant 2ans. Je m'expliquerai et vous comprendrez

His Twitter from Saturday night. "I respect the Standard fans like I respected the shirt for 2 years. I will explain myself and you'll understand."

:lol:

It definitely wasn't our transfer policy that saw up drop 11 places in the league. We could've improved the team more, fair enough, but Guthrie was replaced and it was only Leon Best who we didn't bring in adequate replacement for. All the transfer policy can do is leave the club with adequate personnel to achieve the club's goals and I think this is what it did.

Guest neesy111

It definitely wasn't our transfer policy that saw up drop 11 places in the league. We could've improved the team more, fair enough, but Guthrie was replaced and it was only Leon Best who we didn't bring in adequate replacement for. All the transfer policy can do is leave the club with adequate personnel to achieve the club's goals and I think this is what it did.

It didn't between August and mid January.

Pardew's inadequate approach almost got us relegated

It didn't between August and mid January.

The forum has been through this a million times now, but the squad was almost identical to the one from the season before. I don't think the clubs around us improved enough to use this as justification for our poor performances. It would have been much better if we had gotten it the players from January earlier and "pushed on", but having the same team as the season before wasn't the reason "we almost got relegated".

Pardews bewildering tactics and players massively under performing nearly sent us down.

But we clearly should have strengthened that summer. That's what you're meant to do when you're on top, attempt to stay there. Bringing players in gives the club a boost and keeps players already at the club on their toes. We need to push on after getting 5th. We didn't and the club have been playing catch up ever since, with almost fatal results.

Guest Lalasialex

Pardews bewildering tactics and players massively under performing nearly sent us down.

But we clearly should have strengthened that summer. That's what you're meant to do when you're on top, attempt to stay there. Bringing players in gives the club a boost and keeps players already at the club on their toes. We need to push on after getting 5th. We didn't and the club have been playing catch up ever since, with almost fatal results.

O0

Ashley may say we did the summer signings in january, last summer's signings that is... Now we need to get this january's striker AND this years summer make over (wich includes players out AND better players in)!!