NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Just 2 weeks left until season starts and no players through door, missed full pre season and massive opportunity to right the wrongs of last year. Worrying time really, don't expect to get any through the door before Man City game

Panic button has been officially pressed.

It's hard not to at this stage, been down this road to many times before with this club. We will haggle so much that we lose out on all 3 supposed targets and end up with what?

Just 2 weeks left until season starts and no players through door, missed full pre season and massive opportunity to right the wrongs of last year. Worrying time really, don't expect to get any through the door before Man City game

Don't worry man, when we're in the relegation zone in January we can just bring forward next summer's spending again - simple!

It's hard not to at this stage, been down this road to many times before with this club. We will haggle so much that we lose out on all 3 supposed targets and end up with what?

Yep... It seems quite clear we've 3 targets... Main one in dispute with a club desperate to sell... Another a club is happy to let go and possibly has a release clause... And another the club hasn't wanted around the club for over a season... Yet no obvious progress made... As always though will wait until end of window before judging them fully... I guess I'm just a big believer in squad integration...

Guest bimpy474

Yep... It seems quite clear we've 3 targets... Main one in dispute with a club desperate to sell... Another a club is happy to let go and possibly has a release clause... And another the club hasn't wanted around the club for over a season... Yet no obvious progress made... As always though will wait until end of window before judging them fully... I guess I'm just a big believer in squad integration...

Bent - Villa want too much.

Gomis - Lyon want too much.

Remy - it's a mystery so far.

We'll not pay too much even if it means getting no one in :(

Move on to who? We don't exactly cast our interest wide. In the end we'll just end up with Shola playing 20 games.

It is imperative we get at least one of the three in.

Guest bimpy474

The thing with getting them cheap is the game of brinkmanship that comes with it, it usually means making the seller buckle first. Now if it takes time, as it seems it's doing, it could right up to the end of the window. We need them now.

If we can't get bent for £4-5m and or Gomis for £6m then we've got to move on, they aren't worth more than that on our budget.

Move on to who? How many proven strikers are available within our budget? I would say we've done quite well to get three quality forwards identified who we could actually bring in at a reasonable price. Agreeing a fee for one of those three is pretty much the only way we'll be bringing in a forward IMO.

Move on to who? We don't exactly cast our interest wide. In the end we'll just end up with Shola playing 20 games.

It is imperative we get at least one of the three in.

Remy has a release clause, so that is pretty easy bidding even by our standards. The hold up there is legal.

The other two though, Bent is average while Gomis at nearly £9m and £60-70kpw is far too expensive. I we can't get the costs down on Gomis then we've got to change targets ASAP, the club won't budge on their valuation on players therefore all we do is waste time while other options move on.

If we can't get bent for £4-5m and or Gomis for £6m then we've got to move on, they aren't worth more than that on our budget.

Move on to who? How many proven strikers are available within our budget? I would say we've done quite well to get three quality forwards identified who we could actually bring in at a reasonable price. Agreeing a fee for one of those three is pretty much the only way we'll be bringing in a forward IMO.

Rather have hooper over bent, until today we could have made that deal work. Like said Remy fee is set, bent fee is close but I think we will go cold now Cisse is staying making Gomis our no 1 target and most difficult to bring in. If the financial package doesn't suit us we won't budge, we can't afford to start the season without another striker on board.

I don't think they deserve much credit for identifying targets, that's the easy part especially when Carr does most of the hard work.

There won't be any other targets though. We have seen in the past how the club is fixated on their transfer targets, and it's mostly a case of all-or-nothing. If we don't get either one of them, and put all our eggs on Remy not having to fight a court case, we might well end up with what we have til January before we assess our needs again.

Going into the season with Gouffran, Cisse and Shola will be suicidal.

Guest bimpy474

There won't be any other targets though. We have seen in the past how the club is fixated on their transfer targets, and it's mostly a case of all-or-nothing. If we don't get either one of them, and put all our eggs on Remy not having to fight a court case, we might well end up with what we have til January before we assess our needs again.

Which is exactly what we did from January, you would think they might learn lessons but it does worry that they might just plough on regardless.

I'm telling you right now we won't be paying £8.6m for Gomis and offering him anywhere near the wages he wants. They can drag it out all they like. We've got a price, it's set and we won't pay more.

If he fee suddenly drops to £6m I think we have a chance, even then Gomis needs to drop his demands.

Which is exactly what we did from January, you would think they might learn lessons but it does worry that might just plough on regardless.

They don't care as we all know by now. If it's not the right deal, not the player we want, we'll rather wait til the next window and count on what we have.

I'm telling you right now we won't be paying £8.6m for Gomis and offering him anywhere near the wages he wants. They can drag it out all they like. We've got a price, it's set and we won't pay more.

If he fee suddenly drops to £6m I think we have a chance, even then Gomis needs to drop his demands.

Hence the waiting game on the Gomis and Bent deals. Both deals should be kept alive until we get one of them in. We don't just move on to nothingness.

Hence the waiting game on the Gomis and Bent deals. Both deals should be kept alive until we get one of them in. We don't just move on to nothingness.

No one said move on to nothing, that's not moving on, that's giving up on signing a striker.  ???

Guest bimpy474

Which is exactly what we did from January, you would think they might learn lessons but it does worry that might just plough on regardless.

They don't care as we all know by now. If it's not the right deal, not the player we want, we'll rather wait til the next window and count on what we have.

Yep and you describing it as suicidal is just about right.

Against Pacos he almost cost us two goals, and had time on the ball and still managed to be s**** on it. In the PL he doesn't have that.

Unfortunately along with Anita he's the only option.

Then we should get another option. Tiote is holding the team back, in terms of our ability to build attacks.

I agree completely but unfortunatly we are getting nothing other than a striker so all our midfield fantasy's will have to be put on hold sadly.

There won't be any other targets beyond the 3 of them. If we miss out on them we will just wait til January and do with what we have.

Point is there is still time to look elsewhere, two more weeks of chasing a lower fee for Gomis and there is less options. Carr will have lists of players we could go for, it doesn't just have to be one of these 3. I'd like to see Gomis come in, but not at the cost of signing no one this summer, I think the club will have other targets and if Lyon don't lower soon then we've got to go back to the list and start looking further down it.

Rather have hooper over bent, until today we could have made that deal work. Like said Remy fee is set, bent fee is close but I think we will go cold now Cisse is staying making Gomis our no 1 target and most difficult to bring in. If the financial package doesn't suit us we won't budge, we can't afford to start the season without another striker on board.

I don't think they deserve much credit for identifying targets, that's the easy part especially when Carr does most of the hard work.

I don't know anything about Hooper, but I prefer the policy of going for proven quality, and Bent is a proven goal scorer. I'm quite happy with the three strikers we've lined up on the whole, but would prefer Remy or Gomis to Bent. If it's a case of a couple of million to make the deal then we will need to do what it takes to get one over the line.  Obviously we are still haggling at this point though which is inevitable.