NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Question for everyone:

All factors considered (Injuries, Suspensions, Lack of control over transfer, etc) Is Alan Pardew doing a satisfactory job as Newcastle United Manger?

No

Question for you: is anyone currently involved at NUFC in a management/executive or playing capacity doing a satisfactory job? Where does the buck stop for that?

No.

On the playing side the buck stops with the manager.

On the Non playing side it stops with the Owner.

And who appoints the manager/is ultimately responsible for every aspect of the club, be it on or off the pitch?

Question for everyone:

All factors considered (Injuries, Suspensions, Lack of control over transfer, etc) Is Alan Pardew doing a satisfactory job as Newcastle United Manger?

No

Question for you: is anyone currently involved at NUFC in a management/executive or playing capacity doing a satisfactory job? Where does the buck stop for that?

No.

And who appoints the manager/is ultimately responsible for every aspect of the club, be it on or off the pitch?

I think Fat Mike is the pits.

I hope I'm not portraying anything else here.

Question for everyone:

No

No.

Yeah, that is obvious. But still, Pardew is doing a shit job, as our owner.

I am 100% sure a good manager would do better with the squad we have. 100%

Guest bimpy474

Question for everyone:

Like fuck he is.

Question for everyone:

No

No.

Yeah, that is obvious. But still, Pardew is doing a s*** job, as our owner.

I am 100% a good manager would do better with the squad we have. 100%

So am I. The point is Mike Ashley is apparently perfectly happy as it is, or he would have acted upon it, just as he perfectly happy to have a setup that narrowly avoided relegation last term have another bit of the cherry, with a trimmed squad no less..

Question for everyone:

I think he's literally the best manager we can have at the moment, and is probably our best manager of the last 2 decades.

An "excuse" or an explanation? I'm getting tired of people pointing to injuries, lack of squad depth, lack of Premiership experience, etc. as ready made "excuses" for Pardew, as if he enjoys being in this situation where he's asking for certain things, and is not given them time after time, as it will presumably let him off the hook somehow. It won't. I'm pretty sure Pardew, or any manager, would prefer to be given the tools required to do the job, rather than having to rely on inferior players in the "eventuality" of injuries, suspensions, etc.

We have played one match, and we're already three squad (arguably first team) players down for the upcoming matches, on top of the players that were sold this summer. Our squad is weak in quantity and quality if our aim is to finish in the top 8. Yes, our manager is poor as well, no doubt about it, but by continuously ignoring his requests for investment in the squad, and for specific attributes like Premiership experience, they are hanging him out to dry imho.

[/rant]

We did have injuries, just like every other team in the league last season and when we had injuries we should have still had enough about us to beat teams at home like Swansea, Reading and West Ham.  Injuries were used as an excuse, just like tiredness was used as an excuse in October.  Europe was used as an excuse when we were virtually fielding 2 teams a week.  We also used the excuse of fatigue and a lack of match fitness in the same interview about the same games in the same week.

Question for everyone:

Anybody off here could do a better job tbh.

Question for everyone:

No. I think he's s***, I've always thought he was s***, and my opinion of him is at it's lowest point.

We have an owner who doesn't have a clue what he's doing and isn't seemingly prepared to invest in the team at the correct times.

We have a Director of Football who was a fairly successful manager at the smallest club that's ever played in the Premiership, where expectations were obviously infinitessimally lower than the ones most fans have for our club, 20 years ago.And has failed miserably at every job he has held since.  Who is in his job seemingly only because he shares the same local as the owner.

We have a Manager who has a history of becoming more and more useless the longer he is in to a stay at each club, yet our owner has given him an 8 year contract. His tactics are uninspiring at best ,at times even cowardly and generally our first half performances are superior to our second. Which tells me his half time pep talks are as uninspiring as the tactics.

The playing staff, whilst mainly Internationals and not for backwater nations either, are made to look average at best by these tactics and by looking at most of the recent performances and results, have no confidence in what the manager tells them.

We are heading one way under this current regime and something needs to change fast to avoid the inevitable poor season that is coming. A change of manager is seemingly the best that we can hope for, but ultimately that might not be enough.

The club's hierarchy from top to bottom is rotten to the core.

Degree in the bleeding obvious for me, me thinks.

We have an owner who doesn't have a clue what he's doing and isn't seemingly prepared to invest in the team at the correct times.

We have a Director of Football who was a fairly successful manager at the smallest club that's ever played in the Premiership, where expectations were obviously infinitessimally lower than the ones most fans have for our club, 20 years ago.And has failed miserably at every job he has held since.  Who is in his job seemingly only because he shares the same local as the owner.

We have a Manager who has a history of becoming more and more useless the longer he is in to a stay at each club, yet our owner has given him an 8 year contract. His tactics are uninspiring at best ,at times even cowardly and generally our first half performances are superior to our second. Which tells me his half time pep talks are as uninspiring as the tactics.

The playing staff, whilst mainly Internationals and not for backwater nations either, are made to look average at best by these tactics and by looking at most of the recent performances and results, have no confidence in what the manager tells them.

We are heading one way under this current regime and something needs to change fast to avoid the inevitable poor season that is coming. A change of manager is seemingly the best that we can hope for, but ultimately that might not be enough.

The club's hierarchy from top to bottom is rotten to the core.

Degree in the bleeding obvious for me, me thinks.

Bingo, spot on

I honestly think he is the best manager that is willing to work under Mike Ashley.

Hughton seemed willing enough, I'd rather have him.

I'm very happy for Hughton that he got the job at Norwich, and seems to have done some very good transfer deals this summer. Just goes on to prove that with the right setup, and trust, one of the managers Newcastle once had, have the ability to build something decent/good. Which of course will never be the case under Ashley's regime. Also, Hughton had the ability to raise some much needed togetherness and fighting spirit amongst the squad members - something Pardew fails utterly at achieving. Then again, we had Nolan, Barton and Carroll which stood up and fought when we needed them the most. Their football may not have been the prettiest to watch, but I feel they could be relied upon as opposed to some of the players we have today.

I would wholeheartedly rather have Gus Poyet in charge, at least his Brighton team seemed to play positively and achieve relative success.

From one lower league manager to the next. Wonder how this one will do with a threadbare squad and negative transfer investment.. Still, better than JFK I suppose.

In reality, if we had any ambition whatsoever we would have sacked Pardew and appointed a genuinely top class or at least an up and coming manager with experience at the upper end of the table in a top league. Then we would have backed that manager to a certain degree so he would have a good enough squad at his disposal to have us challenge for Europe at the minimum.

Alas, we have the world's tightest billionaire as our owner, who hasn't the faintest idea about our potential or how to run a football club, so we are stuck with Pardew, who takes most of the blame for their collective failings.