NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Stoke and Begovic know of Arsenal’s interest in him, but the Gunners have, so far, been put off by the 26-year-old’s £17million valuation.

Arsene Wenger is set to make a shock swoop for £10million-rated Newcastle keeper Tim Krul.

It's almost as if they're making these figures up.

Stoke and Begovic know of Arsenal’s interest in him, but the Gunners have, so far, been put off by the 26-year-old’s £17million valuation.

Arsene Wenger is set to make a shock swoop for £10million-rated Newcastle keeper Tim Krul.

It's almost as if they're making these figures up.

Papers making things up impossible!  :idiot2:

"Work to bring a striker into the club began early in the summer.

"Negotiations were complex and protracted and unfortunately it was disappointing that ultimately we could not secure our priority target.

"Whilst we did turn our attention to alternative prospects in the latter stages of the window, we have a very clear transfer policy and will not make knee-jerk decisions at the last-minute which are not in the best interests of the club.

"We understand that supporters will feel frustrated that we did not sign another striker during the window, but it was not for lack of trying that we did not bring our final target in."

:hmm:

"Work to bring a striker into the club began early in the summer.

"Negotiations were complex and protracted and unfortunately it was disappointing that ultimately we could not secure our priority target.

"Whilst we did turn our attention to alternative prospects in the latter stages of the window, we have a very clear transfer policy and will not make knee-jerk decisions at the last-minute which are not in the best interests of the club.

"We understand that supporters will feel frustrated that we did not sign another striker during the window, but it was not for lack of trying that we did not bring our final target in."

:hmm:

except this time we won't get any such coherent excuse while the best director of football laughs at Pardews plight

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derek-llambias-alan-pardew-summer-2061560

United were due to sign both Yoan Gouffran and Moussa Sissoko in June, but the deals were brought forward to January due to the Magpies being sucked into relegation trouble.

Llambias added: “Quite honestly, what we did in January was spend £10m more than we needed to. Did we need to? Yes.

“Gouffran and Sissoko were the two players we brought forward.”

Gouffran and Sissoko were about £4m in total according to .com. What a summer warchest. :lol:

Those two players would have been free this summer so we basically planned on spending frig all this summer. :lol:

Good point. :lol:

There's loads of this shit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9958090/Newcastle-plan-to-spend-to-return-to-the-Premier-Leagues-top-six-but-club-will-not-alter-its-transfer-policy.html

“We have made a profit of £1.4 million, but we will not have to sell to buy in the summer,” said Llambias, who has helped to turn a business that made a loss of £17 million into a profitable one during his time at St  James’ Park.

“There are several positions we are looking at. Next year, we will have the extra TV money. There is a budget to spend. But our transfer policy remains the same. No trophy buys. Basically, we will continue our model as it is. It works so we won’t break it.

“We are actively looking at players and have been since October. All over Europe. It’s not just France. That’s been a good market for us, but there are only so many you can get from there.

No wonder Ashley forced him out.

I miss Dekka, we almost seemed a normal club with him in charge

U are obviously joking?

compare the club a year ago to now, just who the hell is running things? A year ago we almost seemed a professional outfit but now we're a circus again with the manager hated by the owner but doesn't want to pay to get rid of him so instead is trying to force him to walk while a senile old fool is our transfer "guru" and offending people internationally now instead of just domestically

I think (hope) the contention is over your use of the word "normal". No question I'd have Llambias over Kinnear always - I think this is pretty much universal  - but we weren't even approaching "almost seemed normal" with that loon.

I think (hope) the contention is over your use of the word "normal". No question I'd have Llambias over Kinnear always - I think this is pretty much universal  - but we weren't even approaching "almost seemed normal" with that loon.

Llambias at least barely spoke to the media and just did his job, often times things we didn't overly like but thats hardly unusual for a football chairman/managing director at any club let alone ours where hating them is a pass time

Guest reefatoon

Given the choice of who I would rather represent our club between Lambias or Kinnear I know who I would choose EVERY time.

Crazy. they are as bad as each other. Before Penfold got the boot, he was one of the most hated twats at the club, so lets not get all doey eyed for him now because Kinnear is here. they are both cunts of equal measure.

Given the choice of who I would rather represent our club between Lambias or Kinnear I know who I would choose EVERY time.

Crazy. they are as bad as each other. Before Penfold got the boot, he was one of the most hated twats at the club, so lets not get all doey eyed for him now because Kinnear is here. they are both cunts of equal measure.

Oh hey I agree BUT as I said a choice between the two

In a meeting with a Chairman of another club who's player we are looking ro sign I could imagine Lambias to be a lot more professional compared to Kinnear.