NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest bimpy474

£3Mill is about 6 Prem places, isnt it? Thats all someone would have to improve on relegation for MA to get a ROI

Yep, the hoping he'll quit theory doesn't hold water when you look at what will be lost if we keep Pardew. I think Ashley keeps him because he rates him, i mean he rates JFK for no apparent reason.

Didn't that come from some nobody on Twitter? :lol:

Not sure but there were quotes from Owen Coyle about how he would be a good signing. I don't think we can even consider this at the moment with the squad being as it is.

Could be bollocks but was told Pardew has basically been told he can sign the players he would like as long as they cost fuck all, while Carr will still be trying to find players that the club actually wants. So that's why we're hearing about the likes of Bent and Downing through Pardew blabbing about it but not really in for either, hence the laughable way the Bent issue was handled.

They clearly don't trust Pardew which makes it all the more baffling that he's still here.

Unfortunately there may be some truth in this. It would explain why the team looks like a collection of individuals rather than a coherent unit.

You also wonder what morale is like behind the scenes if there's a battle for control over transfers. I don't see how it can work if the Manager and the DOF equivilent aren't working well together.

I can see how the club have got to this situation, because while I think Pardew is a good coach, I'm not sure he's a great judge of a player. I worry that he seems to think that he can get more out of a player than is realistic, especially if they're not in their best position. As a player himself, he rose from quite a low level of non-league football right up to the First Division. Maybe he over-estimates how much a combination of good coaching and the right attitude can improve an ordinary player.

Speaks volumes about the state of affairs when we're so desperately crying out for additions yet can hardly be arsed to be linked with anyone. We've got a week left in the window, have significant needs, had money to spend as of June - though that seems to have been forgotten now - yet are clutching at straws.

Guest bimpy474

Can we only sign one more foreign player for our squad, taking home grown players into account? Or am I making up complications?

You can have as many foreigners as you like, you just cant register them all. You have 8 homegrown places, 4 of which must locally trained (by us i assume). If you don't have enough homegrown players you leave those spaces blank. And then you can register 17 over 21 years old non homegrown players. Anyone under 21 doesn't need to registered and is free to play.

Can we only sign one more foreign player for our squad, taking home grown players into account? Or am I making up complications?

You can have as many foreigners as you like, you just cant register them all. You have 8 homegrown places, 4 of which must locally trained (by us i assume). If you don't have enough homegrown players you leave those spaces blank. And then you can register 17 over 21 years old non homegrown players. Anyone under 21 doesn't need to registered and is free to play.

Cheers m8.

Guest bimpy474

Cheers m8.

No problem, i think it's accurate, unless they've tweaked it for this season.

Troy Deeney in the People.

Might aswell get Leon Best back in that case

Deeney's better. Also, stump up £8M+ or don't even bother.

Best didn't look out of place in the Premiership, no way you can say that.  Deeney also seems like a flat track bully, went to your game today and he was ineffectual at best, and in the play off final he was totally anonymous.

from .COM:

While fans at SJP mocked him on Saturday, it's reported that our Director of F****all attended the Valenciennes versus Olympique Marseille game in France.

That finished in a 1-0 victory for the visitors, for whom alleged toon target Andre Ayew played 90 minutes in a left midfield role. The 23 year-old French born winger is a Ghanain international and also plays as a central striker.

WIndow watch:

PSG play waiting game

The desire of Newcastle to cash in on Yohan Cabaye before the current transfer window shuts has produced only one firm bid from Arsenal for the midfielder to date.

However Paris SG continue to be linked with a bid for the French international and a second possible target at SJP emerged over the weekend with confirmation that the Parisians are engaged in trying to recruit a right back.

PSG officials watched their top target Ricardo van Rhijn return to the Ajax side that drew 3-3 at Heerenveen on Friday, but are also reportedly keeping tabs on United's Mathieu Debuchy

I'd like to see us sign Victor Moses, even if just on loan. Could give us some much needed pace and power

yes but that would involve Ashley doing as Pardew asked and getting in some English players in (he's homegrown in England-by Palace iirc) which Ashley has refused to do

What is the f*cking point of watching players during the transfer window? if we want a player just f*cking bid for him ffs.

Sick of this monitoring bullshit.

You talk as if football started before this season man!