NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

If were serious about Gomis we'd have paid the extras and brought him in this summer. Lyon obviously figured that by the time they paid them they'd have been left with about £3m so they might as well keep him. He'll sign for Marseilles in the summer now, or whichever club can offer the best overall package, which we've demonstrably proved isn't us.

Sissoko must be kicking himself turning Monaco down for us last January. :lol:

For the sake of 5 months in Ligue 2...

One of the problems with having limited ambition is that the better players at the club will be kicking themselves sooner or later. Today it's Cabaye which many people forecast last season, if we don't produce better football this time round, there'll be a few more I guess.

To be fair, 'many people' predicted Hatem, Colo and Krul would want out this summer. All because they despised the manager and style of football.

Hatem was definitely one of the ones I thought would want out, but his star has waned since the season we finished 5th and he was on fire. He didn't have a good Euro tournament and his fitness and performances have been erratic for us since then.

Almost every team is vulnerable to having their better players taken by Monaco/PSG/Man Utd etc etc. The discontent in our squad is massively overstated on here.

Ian going to matches.

http://www.smirnovweddings.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/massupload/32992dj_020.jpg

The players we have that are genuinely good enough to tempt bigger clubs are Cabaye and HBA. HBA is inconsistent and has a bit recent history with injuries (still my favourite player) and Cabaye does want out.

The next 2 to appear on other clubs wish lists will be Sissoko and MYM.

I don't think we've  a squad littered with players other teams are desperate to take off of us tbh.

The players we have that are genuinely good enough to tempt bigger clubs are Cabaye and HBA. HBA is inconsistent and has a bit recent history with injuries (still my favourite player) and Cabaye does want out.

I don't think we've  a squad littered with players other teams are desperate to take off of us tbh.

Maybe Anita at some point.

Krul would be very high on clubs needing a goalkeeper.

Almost every team is vulnerable to having their better players taken by Monaco/PSG/Man Utd etc etc. The discontent in our squad is massively overstated on here.

Ian going to matches.

http://www.smirnovweddings.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/massupload/32992dj_020.jpg

:lol:

Not quite, I do enjoy it though. Maybe because I only manage about 8 a season.

Krul would be very high on clubs needing a goalkeeper.

he would, but the style of football we have played doesn't really affect him so he's only going to be unsettled if he gets a CL club coming in for him I would think. Anita, Cabaye, Cisse, Sissoko and HBA are the ones who might feel the football we play doesn't showcase their talents effectively. But hopefully we are moving away from that anyway, it looked a lot better against Fulham than I've seen for a long time.

Ian going to matches.

Not quite, I do enjoy it though. Maybe because I only manager about 8 a season.

Alan reveals his forum identity.

We'd at least want our money back and i can't see anyone paying £7m for Anita unless he actuall has a decent season of 30+ starts.

Sissoko was out of contract in 6 months when we signed him. If others wanted him so bad they could've bought him in the earlier September. Same with MYM.

It's just Krul & Cabaye that are likely to attract the big boys.

HBA needs to have a season without a big injury for once. He needs that kick-on season. 50 appearances in over 3 years won't have Manchester United kicking the walls down to sign you as a 26 year old. If he can stay fit and play over 30 games this season I do believe he would become a hot property. Massive if.

Ian going to matches.

Sissoko was out of contract in 6 months when we signed him. If others wanted him so bad they could've bought him in the earlier September. Same with MYM.

HBA needs to have a season without a big injury for once. He needs that kick-on season. 50 appearances in over 3 years won't have Manchester United kicking the walls down to sign you as a 26 year old. If he can stay fit and play over 30 games this season I do believe he would become a hot property. Massive if.

To be fair we paid £6m for Yanga-mbiwa even though he had only 6 months left.  The summer before they were wanting more than twice that which understandably put clubs off.

To be fair we paid £6m for Yanga-mbiwa even though he had only 6 months left.  The summer before they were wanting more than twice that which understandably put clubs off.

Yanga had a lot more than six months left on his contract. He'd only signed a new one a couple of months before we bought him.

Didn't he sign his contract with the proviso that they'd let him go still though, it was merely to avoid Montpellier losing out on a sizable fee for him?

A rare one considering the general strike tactic that Frenchies seem to like.

Didn't he sign his contract with the proviso that they'd let him go still though, it was merely to avoid Montpellier losing out on a sizable fee for him?

A rare one considering the general strike tactic that Frenchies seem to like.

I was about to come and say that. He'd said all along he wanted a move but didn't want to screw the club over. Fair play to him, doubt many would do the same.