Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Probably Giggs but apparently he knocked back Bayern for us.

Source? (Please)

I read it yesterday but can't see the exact article, the following indicate there is some truth in it though;

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11890/7340848/Bayern-linked-with-Cisse-swoop

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2060231/Papiss-Demba-Cisse-Tottenham-Fulham-Sunderland-wanted-Bayern-Munich.html

Probably Giggs but apparently he knocked back Bayern for us.

think it goes to show how much that extra bit of dedication and making a player feel wanted goes - being on his tail for a year and flying our private jet out to senegal just for him was sure to impress.

for players of the right character anyway, there's always dickheads who will go back on their word once a bigger or richer team calls.

Totally agree - and great to see.

Guest Howaythetoon

Wor lasses cousin is from Germany and I asked her to ask her bloke about him (he supports Stuttgart) and apparently he's a goal machine who never stops running and should get even more goals here with the better players (I assume he means we have better players) but shitter defences. Don't know much about Germany footy but I'd say defending in our league is arguably the best of all leagues, especially compared to the joke that is La Liga for example. Anyway he is regarded higher there than Ba was.

TBH i think defences as a whole have gone down over the last few years if in Serie A which was always considered the best you can get some cricket scores......

But on average id probably agree with him that Germany defences are better, very underrated league is Bundesliga.

It's been 11 years since a German team won the Champions League and only Bayern have managed to make the final (once) since 2002. The Bundesliga is rated fairly.

As for defences, I think the defending in this country is pretty good. Miles better than what I see in Spain, anyway.

It's been 11 years since a German team won the Champions League and only Bayern have managed to make the final (once) since 2002. The Bundesliga is rated fairly.

As for defences, I think the defending in this country is pretty good. Miles better than what I see in Spain, anyway.

Definitely, as for my comment about it being underrated i meant by people in this country some people act like its on the level of holland or something.

In general i would agree its rated fairly also winning the CL doesnt show the strength of a league, Barca are in the semi's nearly every yr for half a decade it doesnt make Spain the best tho.

All the CL shows is how far away the top clubs are from the rest of the league - There's a massive gap in Spain and England but not in the Germany. Overall I doubt most of the Bundesliga is any worse than the teams below 7th in the PL. Their teams do well in the Uefa Cup.

Defending was a joke here for a long time, it's better now but Italy is probably ahead still.

Definitely, as for my comment about it being underrated i meant by people in this country some people act like its on the level of holland or something.

In general i would agree its rated fairly also winning the CL doesnt show the strength of a league, Barca are in the semi's nearly every yr for half a decade it doesnt make Spain the best tho.

Spanish clubs have won 4 of the last 10 Europa Leagues too, you know.

Personally, I'm not too impressed by the strength in depth of the German league, particularly the bottom half. I do like watching it, mind. But the fact that Cissé has performed so well in a rather bad team is actually a good sign.

Spanish clubs have won 4 of the last 10 Europa Leagues too, you know.

Personally, I'm not too impressed by the strength in depth of the German league, particularly the bottom half. I do like watching it, mind.

But the fact that Cissé has performed so well in a pretty terrible team is actually a good sign.

Yh iam aware of that i was just using it as an example. What gggg said sums up what i was getting at.

Having two strikers that are friends and want to work together (and who are skilled in their own right) should not be underestimated, could be amazing.

I also think its quite likely that Mike knows an unrefusable offer, like in Andy's case, could come in for Ba, so getting someone in proactively looks ambitious and stops price hikes when selling clubs know we need a stiker.

i think we happen to be in one of those times when the offensive side of the game is getting the better of the defensive side throughout the euro major leagues. at times in the past the defensive side of the game has had the upper hand and it will probably come again. i don't really feel there is agreat deal between the german,english and spanish leagues generally.

Guest Dontooner

TBH i think defences as a whole have gone down over the last few years if in Serie A which was always considered the best you can get some cricket scores......

But on average id probably agree with him that Germany defences are better, very underrated league is Bundesliga.

Think German footy has change over the years, they are quite open attacking now as compared to 10 -15 years ago hence the entertainment. I wonder how would Cisse perform in our team but he does look like a confident individual that could score when  given the chance. We need all the individual brilliance we can get this season if we  want to stay top 6, we look quite dry from open play.