Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Thing is, with Hatem permanently knackered we don't have the personnel to isolate Cisse. Marveaux as a no.10 won't remedy that.

Any suggestions on how the team can be more creative in and around the box?

Elliot

Perch      Taylor    Mbiwa

Debuchy                              Santon

Cabaye  Sissoko

Marveux        Cisse        Gouffran

:dontknow:  Could work

Aye, I can see that working a little  but who out of Sissoko and Cab will be asked to break the other teams play up?

Thing is, with Hatem permanently knackered we don't have the personnel to isolate Cisse. Marveaux as a no.10 won't remedy that.

Any suggestions on how the team can be more creative in and around the box?

Elliot

Perch      Taylor    Mbiwa

Debuchy                              Santon

Cabaye  Sissoko

Marveux        Cisse        Gouffran

:dontknow:  Could work

Aye, I can see that working a little  but who out of Sissoko and Cab will be asked to break the other teams play up?

Cabaye, as Sissoko would be joining the front 3 out of the 2 of them

The service we gave to him today was abysmal and a disgrace imo.

Yet he should've score one or twice. I'm in the same camp as you as he doesn't receive enough service, but dear god does he not score every chance he gets. His striking ratio must be closer to zero than hundred tbf.

There was a chance in the second-half yesterday where he was at a tight angle, we had 4 players strung along the edge of the 6-yard box pretty much with potential tap-ins, and he smashed it over. Awful decision making.

Gouff was fantastic in the build up to that. Everyone was actually. Could understand if they were furious with him for always having a pop from ridiculous positions.

Little wonder yesterday was only his second assist of the season. If he'd been facing the goal, I'm not sure he'd have passed!

And you wonder if Ferguson was justified in the criticism of him turning flair players like Rooney into more functional players, when Cisse almost always goes for the spectacular when there are better simple options. Says a lot when Messi and Ronaldo seldom do tricks nowadays and focus on simple effective moves.

I properly just can't understand what, if anything, goes through his mind at moments like that.

I'd assume the same as what goes through his mind when he lashes them in from 30 yards.

Bit different when there are no options ahead of you (vs Chelsea away last season and vs Southampton recently).

There was a chance in the second-half yesterday where he was at a tight angle, we had 4 players strung along the edge of the 6-yard box pretty much with potential tap-ins, and he smashed it over. Awful decision making.

Yes agreed but look at it this way...he is getting so little service in and around the box, any time he is in box with a chance of a shot, he is going to take it.  This is all because the team are not supplying him with chances.  He is snatching at everything he gets.

Like a starving man picking things off the floor and not thinking straight.

We looked better when we had 3 at the back.

I don't buy the lack of service talk. We've had strikers score loads since we came back up. Can't believe we create less chances than Aston Villa. And as a striker, you should contribute to creating chances regularly.

Hilarious.

I couldn't disagree the service to Cisse was poor. But, on at least two occasions he chose to shoot when common sense sense suggested he should have done otherwise.

One one occasion we had turned their defence and had two (maybe three) arriving into the six yard box - he shot, he missed, he nearly killed a supporter in row Z - he didn't look bothered at all.

And will the dopey bastard ever learn the offside rule?

When a striker is getting little service, anytime he finds himself in the box with the ball at hit feet he will take that shot. 

Maybe if we supplied him with more chances and he was confident that the team can produce the ball in dangerous places for him he could releax more and bring other people into play.

Yes agreed but look at it this way...he is getting so little service in and around the box, any time he is in box with a chance of a shot, he is going to take it.  This is all because the team are not supplying him with chances.  He is snatching at everything he gets.

Dpes Cisse help the team create chances?

Do we create less chances than Wigan?

2 goals and an assist in his last 3 outings, no real complaints from me at this point in time, although I do grumble sometimes during the match when he lashes at it or stays offside rather than showing a bit of intelligence and composure.

It's true we're not producing enough chances for him every match, but then it's also true that he misses more than he did last season and in his time at Freiburg. I still have my reservations on him as being the ideal striker for a 433 in the Premiership, but as long as he sticks the ball in the back of the net like he has done recently I'm more than willing to overlook his deficiencies.

Dpes Cisse help the team create chances?

Do we create less chances than Wigan?

He played in Santon for our goal.  So yeah he got an asist.

As a whole, im not sure if we create more or less then wigan for chances...but we dont supply our striker with enough chances.

Guest Slippery Sam

Yeah, that was unbelievable. If he had just put the ball across the six yard line it would surely have been a goal to us.

It was interesting to see he wouldn't look at Perch, in the first half, when he fluffed that chance.

Still love the guy, but I think this is what we will always have from him i.e. periods of goals galore and periods of misses galore.  Thing is, if he's missing, he must be in the right position in the first place which is a big positive.

Funny how when Ba was scoring, everyone said it was at the expense of the overall team play. He was also Greedy Demba, always taking he shot instead of the pass. This is definitely true with Cisse at the moment. Offers little other than flashes of brilliance. But now it's everyone else's fault.

The assist was great but he rarely does anything great for the team. He's not an outlet. Rarely passes when close to goal. He doesn't hold it up. But aye, it's everyone else's fault that we don't create.

Funny how when Ba was scoring, everyone said it was at the expense of the overall team play. This is definitely true with Cisse at the moment. Offers little other than flashes of brilliance. But now it's everyone else's fault.

The assist was great but he rarely does anything great for the team. He's not an outlet. Rarely passes when close to goal. He doesn't hold it up. But aye, it's everyone else's fault that we don't create.

Cisse and Ba are totally different kinds of forwards/strikers.

Ba was able to use his strength and his ability...

Cisse relies on good service.  Ive rarely seen him played in on goal this season.  I can only think of Villa away.