Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

His finishing was s**** yesterday, but I thought he played well apart from that. Not just the assist, his link up play was good all afternoon.

He made two wrong decisions yesterday but because he hasnt hit the hieghts of last season he is being massively scrutinised on here and has no leeway whatsoever.  Has been pushed out on the right, asked to help cover a FB, given little service and still managed to win us a couple of games with winners.

Yep, that's the long and short of it really. How many times have we seen Cisse played in behind a defence this season for example?

Very little and when he has, he has teken those chances.

I think off the top of my shite memory I can remember one taken and one missed, can't remember who against though.  :lol:

It was an excellent pass, but it's hardly like he laid it on a plate for Santon. In fact, Santon did very well to finish it from near enough the same position Cisse hastily ballooned his shot from a few minutes earlier.

:lol: Such an agenda, man.

It was a fantastic ball and a fantastic run and finish from Santon. Why can't you just leave it at that?

Dropout obviously loves a highlights player. He'll crucify Cisse's link-up play and no doubt bang on about Benteke being superior, and yet...

Benteke's average pass accuracy this season 64.8%, Cisse's 73.9%.

Since Villa, Cisse's PA has risen to 76.2% from an average of 23.1 passes per game. Compare that to some different strikers:

RVP - 80.2% (from 26.8 per game).

Giroud - 60.4% (20 PG)

Michu - 77.7% (33 PG)

Comparing him to some 'poachers' - Defoe only makes 14 passes per game on average, with 85% finding their man, Bent is 67.8% from 12 :lol:

Not bad for a poacher that apparently can't get involved and contributes nothing to our play, doesn't seem too far off these 'real' footballers.

:lol: :thup:

Dropout obviously loves a highlights player. He'll crucify Cisse's link-up play and no doubt bang on about Benteke being superior, and yet...

Since Villa, Cisse's PA has risen to 76.2% from an average of 23.1 passes per game. Compare that to some different strikers:

Giroud - 60.4% (20 PG)

Michu - 77.7% (33 PG)

Comparing him to some 'poachers' - Defoe only makes 14 passes per game on average, with 85% finding their man, Bent is 67.8% from 12 :lol:

Not bad for a poacher that apparently can't get involved and contributes nothing to our play, doesn't seem too far off these 'real' footballers.

yeah, you can make things up if you like.

I said i'd like a Benteke type. Big, strong and fast. Can run in behind but also hold it up/flick-ons.

According to stats, Benteke would be something like twice the finisher of Cisse right?

I notice Giroud's passing is seemingly the worst and that can't be true. I'm sure those stats include headed passes attempts from flick-ons etc. The big lads have considerably worse pass retention apparently.

Can we just have one thread, call it the 'Everything is s*** again thread' and bump it after every loss. Its too hard to keep up with the negativity when its spread between the Cisse, Pardew, Mike Ashley and Match day threads :lol:

:lol: :thup:

Giroud - 60.4% (20 PG)

Michu - 77.7% (33 PG)

I said i'd like a Benteke type. Big, strong and fast. Can run in behind but also hold it up/flick-ons.

According to stats, Benteke would be something like twice the finisher of Cisse right?

I notice Giroud's passing is seemingly the worst. I think those stats include headed passes attempts from flick-ons etc. The big lads have considerably worse pass retention.

What's made up? You said he was better...

I'd have Benteke. At 21, he's a better all-rounder and prospect.

Considering Benteke actually has a very similar conversion rate to Cisse this year, taking nearly twice as many shots per game, it would appear they're fairly level in that regard, one has simply had more opportunities than the other this season.

Your last point might have been valid, if we weren't the biggest users of the long ball in the league. You don't think Cisse's not had the ball belted at him at head height a fair bit this year?

You said Cisse didn't contribute enough, or to any effect, yet he finds a team mate 3 times out of 4 and is just involved in matches just as much as Van Persie. He's not just some poacher with no ability man.

Guest icemanblue

Can we just have one thread, call it the 'Everything is shit again thread' and bump it after every loss. Its too hard to keep up with the negativity when its spread between the Cisse, Pardew, Mike Ashley and Match day threads :lol:

:lol:

Giroud - 60.4% (20 PG)

Michu - 77.7% (33 PG)

I notice Giroud's passing is seemingly the worst. I think those stats include headed passes attempts from flick-ons etc. The big lads have considerably worse pass retention.

What's made up? You said he was better...

I'd have Benteke. At 21, he's a better all-rounder and prospect.

Considering Benteke actually has a very similar conversion rate to Cisse this year, taking nearly twice as many shots per game, it would appear they're fairly level in that regard, one has simply had more opportunities than the other this season.

Your last point might have been valid, if we weren't the biggest users of the long ball in the league. You don't think Cisse's not had the ball belted at him at head height a fair bit this year?

You said Cisse didn't contribute enough, or to any effect, yet he finds a team mate 3 times out of 4 and is just involved in matches just as much as Van Persie. He's not just some poacher with no ability man.

He's 5 years younger, can challenge in the air and is pretty quick and strong. Damn right i'd have him here over Cisse. He's not a better player now but in 5 years? Just as an athlete, the potential is serious. I'd have Aguero over RVP but he's not the better player.

According to ESPN Cisse has 60 shots and 7 goals 8.5%. Benteke 6.69%. That's a decent gap man. I domn't know where you're getting your stats from.

Once again, Bullshit on the chance creation thing. We've scored way more goals than Villa, yet they create more chances? Bullshit. Secondly, strikers contribute to chance creation greatly. Things like pace, power, movement help strikers create chances. Suarez creates loads for himself through pace, skill and harrying defenders. Drogba's strength got him a load of chances. Crouch scores headers most others can't due to height. You understand? If you're not fast, nor strong, nor good in the air, nor skillful, guess what? You'll struggle to get on the end of possible chances.

Cisse plain old doesn't win the headers. We both know this. They don't detract from his total because he doesn't win them. From the Villa game, Benteke won loads in the air but nobody was close.

You've watched Cisse all season man. You can't tell me his allround game is comparable to Robin Van Persie. The movement to drag opposition players for your team mate to take advantage of, the understanding he has with Rooney. How often do you say, "Cisse didn't score but he's been excellent?" Doesn't happen often at all.

Can we just have one thread, call it the 'Everything is shit again thread' and bump it after every loss. Its too hard to keep up with the negativity when its spread between the Cisse, Pardew, Mike Ashley and Match day threads :lol:

There already is one, it's called Relegationometer or similar.

Hilarious thing is, the general mood of the Siss thread is about everything I mentioned last week. A lack of patience leading to poor ball retention.

But of course, I must have an agenda.

It was more the fact that you claimed he had a poor game and "his passing stat tells the whole strory", which tbf was complete bullshit.

If all he's doing is giving the ball away like against Wigan (slight hyperbole mind) then it's a fair point to make. He wasn't really in the game at all yesterday.

Can we just have one thread, call it the 'Everything is s*** again thread' and bump it after every loss. Its too hard to keep up with the negativity when its spread between the Cisse, Pardew, Mike Ashley and Match day threads :lol:

There already is one, it's called Relegationometer or similar.

I prefer Everything is s*** again :lol:

Or simply the :anguish: thread

Hilarious thing is, the general mood of the Siss thread is about everything I mentioned last week. A lack of patience leading to poor ball retention.

But of course, I must have an agenda.

It was more the fact that you claimed he had a poor game and "his passing stat tells the whole strory", which tbf was complete bullshit.

If all he's doing is giving the ball away like against Wigan (slight hyperbole mind) then it's a fair point to make. He wasn't really in the game at all yesterday.

I thought to myself "Sissokho seems to be losing the ball a lot. Do something positive, then lose it." Instead of just coming on here, I checked StatsZone to make sure I hadn't seen it happen a few times then jump to conclusions. But the passing stats backed up my observation. One of the biggest reasons we couldn't sustain pressure against Stoke was because the lads up top couldn't keep it.

I called his performance "disappointing".

Similar performance Sunday. Had Pardew noted it, maybe Siss would've calmed it down a bit?

Guest Geordiesned

Probably Giggs but Cisse's English must be coming along alright as he's apparently shagging Miss Newcastle 2012.