Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Was fed one decent looking cross yesterday and almost scored from it, I think its obvious that he isn't quite the striker we thought he would be when he exploded onto the scene but he would easily have 20 goals this season if the service was better, or indeed existant.

Cissé would also reach 20 goals a season if the officials didn't keep chalking off goals for offside, especially when replays then confirm he was onside. "Give the benefit out the doubt to the attacker"? Depends who the attacker is and who he plays for.

Was fed one decent looking cross yesterday and almost scored from it, I think its obvious that he isn't quite the striker we thought he would be when he exploded onto the scene but he would easily have 20 goals this season if the service was better, or indeed existant.

He's had some shocking misses this season tbf, should be scoring more than 8 league goals a season.

He's definitely not crap. Happy for him to be first choice again next season but we desperately need one more quality striker and one third choice/backup striker coming in over the summer. Get Campbell out on loan for a bit.

Everyone's shooting and finishing has deteriorated massively this year. I'd love to know how much we practise compared to in the past/other clubs.

Looking at the recent spate of DiCuntio press comments he's really going to take the whip to his players over the summer..Can't see anything remotely as combative coming from Pardew..Finishing practice or otherwise....Cancelling holidays indeed!!

Everyone's shooting and finishing has deteriorated massively this year. I'd love to know how much we practise compared to in the past/other clubs.

Looking at the recent spate of DiCuntio press comments he's really going to take the whip to his players over the summer..Can't see anything remotely as combative coming from Pardew..Finishing practice or otherwise....Cancelling holidays indeed!!

Ben Arfa can come back from France a stone overweight and stroll back into the side looking like he hasn't got a care in the world. But then Pardew's probably too sheepish to say anything since it was his decision to play him for 90 mins in sub zero temperatures in Russia following a hamstring injury was the reason he was recuperating in France in the first place.

Ben Arfa can come back from France a stone overweight and stroll back into the side looking like he hasn't got a care in the world. But then Pardew's probably too sheepish to say anything since it was his decision to play him for 90 mins in sub zero temperatures in Russia following a hamstring injury was the reason he was recuperating in France in the first place.

That last bit was one of the most ridiculous gambles since Stanlingrad without winter uniforms.

"I will make sure it hurts the players"

http://images.dailystar-uk.co.uk/dynamic/9/281x351/309727_1.jpg

That last bit was one of the most ridiculous gambles since Stanlingrad without winter uniforms.

Or Julius Caesar going to the Senate without his stab-proof vest.

I'd go as far as that.

• 2 weeks later...

http://izvestia.ru/news/551220#ixzz2UoUTyAxj

Leaders of Makhachkala "Anji" is considering buying 27-year-old Newcastle and Senegal national team striker Papis Cisse.

According to "Izvestia", Makhachkala are ready to offer around €18 million for the forward, and - as with most of their players - a contract with an annual salary of around €3 million, which is significantly more than his current salary at Newcastle.

It is worth noting that the Anji coaching department have followed Cisse from the time of his performances for Freiburg in Germany. According to the club's management and coaching staff, the Senegalese striker could easily fit into the team.