Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Realistically, if a club is offering you far more than a player is worth, then you should take it.

Firstly Cisse is worth more than £20Mil -  the guy is a 'proven' goal scorer in the Premiership and the goals he scores are utter class. When you think up until January Pardew had him playing out wide, to finish the year with 13 goals for the service he got was nothing sort of brilliant.  If it wasn't for his goals we would be down.  Which takes me to my next point - EVEN if you thought £20Mil was good for him, you need to take into account the loss to the club should the lack of his goals next year send us down.  We cannot go into next season without 'at least' one striker who has proved he can score goals in this league.

Cisse is clearly seriously under rated.  At the end of last season before last when he was scoring goals from everywhere would you have said then £20Mil was a fair price?  I am not convinced you would.  We have one bad season and suddenly people become bad players?  I would even throw Tiote in that bracket.  We need to keep this squad together - it was this group of players who got us a whisker away from Champions League football.  I am not saying they will again but it certainly shows the potential of the team.  We need to be adding to it not selling any of our best players, whatever the price.  Cause you never know if the replacement will be half as good.  Just look at Ba - so far Gouffran is the only striker to come in.  And lets be honest he is average at best.

:mackems:

And the joke being?

Guest Roger Kint

If we sold Cisse for £20m-£25m then I think the majority of that money will be used to bring Carroll in and we will get 1-2 cheap options up front. If we don't sell him I can see us bringing Carroll in in anyway and at least 1 young cheap option.

I'd rather not sell Cisse just so Ashley doesn't have to re-invest much money. Cisse's main problems this season has been not enough support/service, and playing out of position. Getting him a partner would solve that and we will start to see the Cisse we saw last year.

If we sell Cisse in order to bring back Carroll I will be absolutely murdering people on this forum if Carroll flops. College Dropuout and Cronky will be high up on the list closely followed by TT and Unbelievable.

Think murder gets a 4 week ban, mind.

It will be the biggest "I told you so" fest in the history of football forums. Be warned in advance because I know there is nothing more annoying.

Bigger than the way you bang on about Pardew and will even more so if/when he goes? That sort of 'I told you so fest' will take some beating  :lol:

I love the idea that Carroll will suddenly come in and become Mara-fucking-dona and score 30 goals for us, all by himself, launching himself at every Williamson Hollywood pass, controlling it with his ponytail and bicycle-kicking every goal into the top corner. WTF are some people on here thinking. Cisse is in a different league (better league) compared to Carroll, who will regress our team play even further under the donkey of a manager we have.

I love the idea that Carroll will suddenly come in and become Mara-fucking-dona and score 30 goals for us, all by himself, launching himself at every Williamson Hollywood pass, controlling it with his ponytail and bicycle-kicking every goal into the top corner. WTF are some people on here thinking. Cisse is in a different league (better league) compared to Carroll, who will regress our team play even further under the donkey of a manager we have.

I think it's pretty obvious that under this manager and with the failings of the current playing staff, Carroll would be an excellent addition for the right price. He'd solve a number of huge problems.

Is Carroll the only alternative to Cisse? Have I missed something?

Our movement and interpassing needs to improve, and whilst Carroll has his qualities, he wouldn't help in those areas. That's why Liverpool are trying to get rid of him.

Is Carroll the only alternative to Cisse? Have I missed something?

Our movement and interpassing needs to improve, and whilst Carroll has his qualities, he wouldn't help in those areas. That's why Liverpool are trying to get rid of him.

The only one that we can afford and attract. Unless some persuades Mario Gomez he was actually born in Newcastle and suddenly loses all sense of ambition.

What you may have missed is that we have a manager who only knows how to play route 1 football, which we don't have the personnel for :(

It's quite obvious that the club is split, recruitment staff told to do one thing whilst manager thinks otherwise. What Ashley has done by giving Pardew a second chance to restore things is a failing. Several people specialize in different things, and getting a team to play pass and move football, direct counterattacking along the floor with taking calculated risks forward isn't one of Pardews strong points.

We should be looking to keep hold of players like Cisse at all costs, great striker and just another victim of the Pardew style of play, he gets little to no service in almost every game, most of his goals this season have been moments of magic and or luck and he isn't the sort of player who can consistently carve chances for himself, give him service and he will score.

Cisse should still spearhead our attack next season provided we can keep Ben Arfa fit and playing and bring in a natural wide forward to support him whilst having Cabaye further up the pitch to slip those balls through that he was last season.

A more positive attacking approach to games will see Cisse look closer to what he did in his first 14 games at the club.

Guest Nobbys Trumpet

In an ideal world I would like to keep him and play some nice football to suit his best role as a goal poacher

But I've resigned myself to the fact that Pards will not change his long ball style of football so I'd much rather a target man

Realistically, if a club is offering you far more than a player is worth, then you should take it.

Firstly Cisse is worth more than £20Mil -  the guy is a 'proven' goal scorer in the Premiership and the goals he scores are utter class. When you think up until January Pardew had him playing out wide, to finish the year with 13 goals for the service he got was nothing sort of brilliant.  If it wasn't for his goals we would be down.  Which takes me to my next point - EVEN if you thought £20Mil was good for him, you need to take into account the loss to the club should the lack of his goals next year send us down.  We cannot go into next season without 'at least' one striker who has proved he can score goals in this league.

Cisse is clearly seriously under rated.  At the end of last season before last when he was scoring goals from everywhere would you have said then £20Mil was a fair price?  I am not convinced you would.  We have one bad season and suddenly people become bad players?  I would even throw Tiote in that bracket.  We need to keep this squad together - it was this group of players who got us a whisker away from Champions League football.  I am not saying they will again but it certainly shows the potential of the team.  We need to be adding to it not selling any of our best players, whatever the price.  Cause you never know if the replacement will be half as good.  Just look at Ba - so far Gouffran is the only striker to come in.  And lets be honest he is average at best.

And the joke being?

You, if you genuinely believe Cisse played out wide until January (when it was actually no more than a handful of games) and that 13 goals in 47 appearances in all competitions (8 in 36, or 1:4.5 in the Premiership) for a man of his ability constitutes in any way, shape or form a return that can be described as "nothing short of brilliant".

And the joke being?

You, if you genuinely believe Cisse played out wide until January (when it was actually no more than a handful of games) and that 13 goals in 47 appearances in all competitions (8 in 36, or 1:4.5 in the Premiership) for a man of his ability constitutes in any way, shape or form a return that can be described as "nothing short of brilliant".

Aye...I am imaging it. 

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/alan-pardew-cisse-has-improved/

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-ryder-would-newcastle-united-3415047

He started out wide four times, once after Ba had been sold. Dunno exactly how many times he ended up wide through shuffles of the side mid-match, but generally speaking it was indeed a handful of matches at most and has been massively overstated.

For the vast majority of the season he was either up front alongside Ba in a 4-4-2 (which generated much derision on here) or on his own in a 4-2-3-1 after Ba left.

He started out wide four times, once after Ba had been sold. Dunno exactly how many times he ended up wide through shuffles of the side mid-match, but generally speaking it was indeed a handful of matches at most and has been massively overstated.

For the vast majority of the season he was either up front alongside Ba in a 4-4-2 (which generated much derision on here) or on his own in a 4-2-3-1 after Ba left.

Whatever the stats maybe he certainly wasn't playing in his preferred position until Ba left - which was really the point I was trying to get across.  The service to him after that was poor at best hence why 'imo' he did brilliant to score the goals he did.

Whatever the stats maybe he certainly wasn't playing in his preferred position until Ba left - which was really the point I was trying to get across.  The service to him after that was poor at best hence why 'imo' he did brilliant to score the goals he did.

the servive he got wasn't great but he did miss a good few chances that most premier league forwards would've put away.

Well you said 'When you think up until January Pardew had him playing out wide, to finish the year with 13 goals for the service he got was nothing sort of brilliant.'.

the servive he got wasn't great but he did miss a good few chances that most premier league forwards would've put away.

Which premier league forwards?

If we sold Cisse for £20m-£25m then I think the majority of that money will be used to bring Carroll in and we will get 1-2 cheap options up front. If we don't sell him I can see us bringing Carroll in in anyway and at least 1 young cheap option.

I'd rather not sell Cisse just so Ashley doesn't have to re-invest much money. Cisse's main problems this season has been not enough support/service, and playing out of position. Getting him a partner would solve that and we will start to see the Cisse we saw last year.

If we sell Cisse in order to bring back Carroll I will be absolutely murdering people on this forum if Carroll flops. College Dropuout and Cronky will be high up on the list closely followed by TT and Unbelievable.

:lol:

In all honesty I Couldn't see Carroll struggling to get around 8 league goals for us, even with his injuries. I'd imagine he'd do a lot more for his team as well, not just assists (hanz)

TBF he's only gotten more than 8 goals in the PL in a season once in his career that Andy lad.

shane long,steven fletcher, etc.

cisses service wasn't great but the chances he got were often very good and imo other forwards would have made better from them.

i want to keep him, i think last season was a one off for him (shows how much he's a confidence player) but i'm not going to lie about the chances he missed.

I love the idea that Carroll will suddenly come in and become Mara-f***ing-dona and score 30 goals for us, all by himself, launching himself at every Williamson Hollywood pass, controlling it with his ponytail and bicycle-kicking every goal into the top corner. WTF are some people on here thinking. Cisse is in a different league (better league) compared to Carroll, who will regress our team play even further under the donkey of a manager we have.

I think it's pretty obvious that under this manager and with the failings of the current playing staff, Carroll would be an excellent addition for the right price. He'd solve a number of huge problems.

:thup:

cisses service wasn't great but the chances he got were often very good and imo other forwards would have made better from them.

Fair enough, but he didn't get the same consistency in terms of playing style and position as those guys in many ways, also he scored like a billion goals that weren't counted.

Fair enough, but he didn't get the same consistency in terms of playing style and position as those guys in many ways, also he scored like a billion goals that weren't counted.

How do you work that out? He played approximately half the season alongside Ba, and half the season up front on his own. Barely missed a game (fortunately). Made 47 appearances. He's a striker; for the vast majority of the season he played as one.

I have plenty of faith in him coming good again and in many games the service up to him was laughable, but he had a very poor season individually and the stuff about his playing position has been overstated to a ridiculous degree.

How do you work that out? He played approximately half the season alongside Ba, and half the season up front on his own. Barely missed a game (fortunately). Made 47 appearances. He's a striker; for the vast majority of the season he played as one.

I have plenty of faith in him coming good again and in many games the service up to him was laughable, but he had a very poor season individually and the stuff about his playing position has been overstated to a ridiculous degree.

Because for the first half of the season he was switched constantly during games between right wing and as the central striker with Ba. He wasn't the main man as the Fletcher was at Sunderland, he might not have started many games officially on the right, but he played a lot of match time drifting out wide and helping out defensively which other strikers in this league would never do, or any league for that matter.