Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Tbf to Cisse, last season he had several goals incorrectly ruled out. He could have been a lot closer to 20 had those really marginal decisions gone his way.

I hate this s***.

:lol: I'm not absolving him of poor performances. Purely in terms of his goal record, though, it's lower than it rightfully should be.

He had offside goals wrongly allowed too. As you would expect from a player of his nature. But some people always forget those.

Aye alright. I wasn't actually looking for an argument. :lol:

The chip against Swansea was f***ing glorious.

I just bolted upright in front of my laptop and went "awwchh". Shake of the head and slow clap soon followed. Didn't expect him to chip it at all. :lol:

Judging by his face when he hit it, I don't think he did either.

Tbf to Cisse, last season he had several goals incorrectly ruled out. He could have been a lot closer to 20 had those really marginal decisions gone his way.

I hate this s***.

:lol: I'm not absolving him of poor performances. Purely in terms of his goal record, though, it's lower than it rightfully should be.

He had offside goals wrongly allowed too. As you would expect from a player of his nature. But some people always forget those.

Aye alright. I wasn't actually looking for an argument. :lol:

Opinion is not allowed.

Cisse should be back in the side imo and stick with him. A lot kind of wanted him out of the side earlier in the season but only for a bit of a kick up the backside, not to feature every now and then for 15 minutes. Think he's been harshly frozen out of a starting position, especially now when no other striker is performing well.

I liked the Cisse/Remy/HBA front three from Villa tbh. We had a real good shape that day imo

Same for me. Even with Cisse out of form, he was occupying their central defenders and that left a lot more room for Remy to cause trouble from the left.

Fair point but how many chances did he miss when the flag stayed down?

He doesn't offer enough else to the team like some other strikers do, and as a goalscorer he needs to score goals and he isn't.

I honestly can't remember many. The service to him was abysmal.

Fair point but how many chances did he miss when the flag stayed down?

He doesn't offer enough else to the team like some other strikers do, and as a goalscorer he needs to score goals and he isn't.

I honestly can't remember many. The service to him was abysmal.

This... Needs service and chances before you can write him off...

In his presser when asked about Cisse swap deal...

"eerrrrm well there's been no talk of a swap deal at this football club" 

hmmm could he mean that they want to loan Cisse for De Jong but we would rather keep Cisse?

Crazy how much fans can turn on a player, like. Happens time and time again.

It's hardly knee jerk, he's played very poorly for a long time now.  Much longer than he played well for the club.  I don't see why it's a problem to say 7m is good money or he'll still probably play poor in a 442.

Crazy how much fans can turn on a player, like. Happens time and time again.

It's hardly knee jerk, he's played very poorly for a long time now.  Much longer than he played well for the club.  I don't see why it's a problem to say 7m is good money or he'll still probably play poor in a 442.

Wasn't aimed at those two comments. Just in general a lot of fans have pretty much just wrote of his entire football career and come to the conclusion he's s*** because he hasn't played well for a year or so. Even though this season he's hardly been given enough chances in the first time and i still feel we should be starting him week in week out for a period of time with Remy and Ben Arfa out wide. Looked excellent last 10 mins or so against Fulham when they were all on the pitch, continued that on against Villa, failed against Hull, never to be seen again. Not just him though, we see it time and time again with others at the club.

He's scored goals throughout his career. You don't have the run of form he did when he first joined without having proven ability and quality.

I think his confidence is shot and he needs games/a system built around him.

I think he'll score goals throughout his career in the right environment/with the right coach.