Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Resorting to last minute loan attempts that have virtually no chance of coming off instead of identifying suitable targets early in the window and spending some of their vast financial resources on them. The bloke's draining the life out of AFC.

Resorting to last minute loan attempts that have virtually no chance of coming off instead of identifying suitable targets early in the window and spending some of their vast financial resources on them. The bloke's draining the life out of AFC.

I disagree although the state of those other targets are quite horrendous like.

I think given the net spend and Arsenal having absolutely no ambitions on winning the actual league is the more pertinent point.

They net less than Liverpool :lol:

a fit cisse in an attacking team with 2 good wingers a good partner upfront to draw attention will easily score 15+ a season.

He is no messi - but when he is fit and confidence is high he is one the best in the box.

:love:

What is this you speak of?  2 wingers and 2 strikers?  Sounds like a fairy tale my grandad used to tell me when I was a nipper. :D

Nobody scores a bullshit goal like Papiss

Yeah. I like how drastically his goals vary. Swerving megabeast volleys into the top corner like every game - now just dribbling fumbles into the net. They all count I guess, just think he's due a swerving megabeast volley.

Nobody scores a bullshit goal like Papiss

Yeah. I like how drastically his goals vary. Swerving megabeast volleys into the top corner like every game - now just dribbling fumbles into the net. They all count I guess, just think he's due a swerving megabeast volley.

They're the kind of goals that would have your friends spiking their ps2 controllers off the ground in the good old days tbf

a fit cisse in an attacking team with 2 good wingers a good partner upfront to draw attention will easily score 15+ a season.

He is no messi - but when he is fit and confidence is high he is one the best in the box.

:love:

What is this you speak of?  2 wingers and 2 strikers?  Sounds like a fairy tale my grandad used to tell me when I was a nipper. :D

sadly so :weep:

Read and hear a lot of people saying "he's deadly in the 6 yard box", get him in the box and he'll score!" A lot of strikers will, and they'll also add something to the all round play of the team.

I wonder how bad this knee of his is.

He's not deadly in the 6 yard box though, he's deadly with the ball at his feet pretty much anywhere within 30 yards of goal. He's far from being just a poacher, although recently that's where his goals are coming from.

He's also very capable of linking up with the other forwards which usually gets ignored due to his his sometimes erratic touches.

He's not deadly in the 6 yard box though, he's deadly with the ball at his feet pretty much anywhere within 30 yards of goal. He's far from being just a poacher, although recently that's where his goals are coming from.

He's also very capable of linking up with the other forwards which usually gets ignored due to his his sometimes erratic touches.

"sometimes erratic touches." - Such an understatement, he plays some awful passes/ touches at times yet other times they are absolutely incredible.

Guest TruToon94

Honestly he's had quite a good season and I was one (of the few I admit) that wanted to get rid of him at the start of the season and he looked like the only player who gave a damn in the Palace match.

I'll get slated for this but if our clubs going to carry on with this shit with Carver in charge what we need is a Target Man to play alongside him to free up a bit of space. Cisse has proven this season he still can finish, has good technique and his positioning seems to have improved just a touch. Now if by some miracle we get the likes of De Boer or Clement in then I doubt he'd have a place here but if we stick with the shit, we'd be crazy to get rid of him.

From what I've seen this season, his play from deep has improved a lot. I know an easy counter is to say "he shouldn't be that deep!" but sometimes strikers need to be. It can just appear non-profitable with our team because the attacking play is so muddled and opportunist that a striker coming deep is usually to the detriment of the move. But anyway, as I say, his footwork in the channels and closer to the halfway line has improved. He's no longer stalling our alleged attacks by simply letting the ball bounce off him. Those basic skills were sorely missing in the last year or so, as well as his movement (which still isn't a patch on his initial form) - which is why I was desperate to get shot of him at one point. He looked absolutely buggered. He's turned things around significantly this year though and fair play to him.

Cisse will go down as yet another player I wished we had during a different era. When he initially leaves, historically he'll only really be remembered for those first four months.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Remind me how many assists he has this season? He may be a very good finisher but his link up play makes Sissoko look like Iniesta.

Remind me how many assists he has this season? He may be a very good finisher but his link up play makes Sissoko look like Iniesta.

More Premier League assists than current our set piece taker for the record.

10 goals this season without playing very much, hes most certainly the least of our problems, he seems to be over his utter inability to score goals, if this man is given chances he will score, as shown against Palace when our first decent bit of service resulted in a cracking headed finish.

Same old story though, under a decent manager he would hit 15-20 goals a season.