Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Ayoze Perez scored 7 PL goals last season often not playing as the central striker, same as Cisse's record over the past three seasons. He's not ideally suited for the role, but at least he can trap a ball and get other players involved and at this stage I would trust him more to put the ball in the net if a chance fell to him than Cisse. After last season's debut season Ayoze didn't deserve to be dropped, let alone to be benched for another forward who offers absolutely nothing. That said, it was madness in the first place for people to suggest that we needed to keep Cisse as he was guaranteed to get us goals. At this point he offers little more than Gouffran or Riviere would.

This X10

As good as his goal scoring record is, his style of playing football just doesn't fit a side who wants to play patient passing football. His control and passing are just too erratic and his physical presence barely existent. He's more useful if we pair him with another striker and get the ball upfront as fast as possible.

:hmm:

I could probably live with all the mentioned flaws to his game if his goal record was as good as you suggest, which to me would be somewhere near 15 PL goals a season or more, but it really isn't.

CIsse is shit at starting games as he is absolutely useless when it comes to staying onside or actually needing to control a ball, he couldn't trap a bag of cement, he should only be used as an impact sub with around 20 minutes to go

Hang on a second. Only a few weeks ago the majority on here were dead set against selling him (and replacing with Austin or AN Other) as Papiss Cisse supposedly was our only dependable source for goals, despite the fact that he only managed an average of 7 PL goals per season over the past three seasons whilst adding absolutely nothing positive to our general play. This season he has bundled another goal in and so is still averaging what he has done in his time here bar the first six months. What has changed for people to suddenly be so vitriolic? His style has always been languish and seemingly disinterested, his first touch has always been rubbish and his hold up play has always been non-existent. Yesterday evening was nothing new really; it's what I've been witnessing for the past few years and I would go as far as to say if Mitrovic doesn't sort himself out real soon we are in serious trouble again this season.

The problem was that if we replaced Cisse with Austin we would still only have 1 recognisable Premiership striker :lol: We've since signed Mitrovic, but we'd still only have 2 strikers. Which is insane.

Cisse was absolutely horrible last night, so bad that I actually think I hate him now, something which has't happened since Guthrie's performance against West Brom. But there was still no need to get rid of him.

Hang on a second. Only a few weeks ago the majority on here were dead set against selling him (and replacing with Austin or AN Other) as Papiss Cisse supposedly was our only dependable source for goals, despite the fact that he only managed an average of 7 PL goals per season over the past three seasons whilst adding absolutely nothing positive to our general play. This season he has bundled another goal in and so is still averaging what he has done in his time here bar the first six months. What has changed for people to suddenly be so vitriolic? His style has always been languish and seemingly disinterested, his first touch has always been rubbish and his hold up play has always been non-existent. Yesterday evening was nothing new really; it's what I've been witnessing for the past few years and I would go as far as to say if Mitrovic doesn't sort himself out real soon we are in serious trouble again this season.

What's changed is last night's performance was fucking abysmal and I haven't seen him play THAT bad for us ever. He also used to look like he gave a shit, but last night, it was a heartless performance. There are times when I forgave shit b/c they'd be playing under Pardew or Carver but its a new season, new manager, and new group of players around you. That's whats changed for me.

Been complaining about this clown for ages. It's almost impossible to have a good team performance with him upfront, because it is impossible to involve him in any kind of general play.

Perez, Riviere or Gouffran upfront if they are available, ahead of this guy. They will do far more to help our midfielders get up the pitch and try and produce some quality around the box.

Cisse really is a complete embarrassment at this point.

Perez, yes. The other two can't score, which you tend to need from strikers, even if they are s*** at holding it up.

I really don't care at this point. I would put them out there. How much have they really even played upfront up until now anyway?

We have midfielders that are clearly capable of scoring, and we really need some type of effort up the pitch to allow them to come into the game.

Also it's not just a case of holding the ball up.

It would be nice if Cisse could do one of the following, just one!

Have a decent touch.

Stay the hell onside.

Press the defenders and goalkeeper.

Run the channels.

At least present some kind of physical resistance when being pushed around out there.

Not lay on the ground during the match.

Actually watch the ball and be aware of where it is during the match.

Pass it in the general direction of our players.

Not smile when you are having the worst game of any outfield player in either uniform.

Get angry with yourself and the team for being absolutely terrible.

Demand more of yourself and the team during the game.

Also it's not just a case of holding the ball up.

It would be nice if Cisse could do one of the following, just one!

Have a decent touch.

Stay the hell onside.

Press the defenders and goalkeeper.

Run the channels.

At least present some kind of physical resistance when being pushed around out there.

Not lay on the ground during the match.

Actually watch the ball and be aware of where it is during the match.

Pass it in the general direction of our players.

Not smile when you are having the worst game of any outfield player in either uniform.

Get angry with yourself and the team for being absolutely terrible.

Demand more of yourself and the team during the game.

This cracked me up. Him doing it cracked me up yesterday. When he attempted the bicycle kick and just sat there on the floor for what seemed like 90 seconds.. got up and started smiling. I was in hysterics. Never seen a more gormless player.