Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I'll never forget when he said Wonga as shirt sponsor clashed with his Muslim beliefs, then he was pictured gambling in Aspers [emoji38]

He was brilliant one minute and absolutely horseshit the next. Desperate for him out the team by the end of his time here. His first 6 months were electric though. When he banged in his first goal past Shay you had a feeling.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I seem to remember Speed scoring a ridiculously good header from outside the area for Wales as well. 

Did for us too, didn't he, vs Blackburn? Souness said it was 'poxy'.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Did for us too, didn't he, vs Blackburn? Souness said it was 'poxy'.

Don't remember it, but this is ringing bells for the mental comment...

1 hour ago, 80 said:

Don't remember it, but this is ringing bells for the mental comment...

4 mins. I'm misremembering; wasn't outside the box. 

On 26/03/2024 at 10:21, Dr.Spaceman said:

I'll never forget when he said Wonga as shirt sponsor clashed with his Muslim beliefs, then he was pictured gambling in Aspers [emoji38]

He was brilliant one minute and absolutely horseshit the next. Desperate for him out the team by the end of his time here. His first 6 months were electric though. When he banged in his first goal past Shay you had a feeling.

Blame Pardew for that trying to get him to run off a broken kneecap… 😆

Should never of been moved from the Centre also. Ba should’ve had that made clear. 

Pardew man 🤣

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Should never of been moved from the Centre also. Ba should’ve had that made clear. 

Pardew man 🤣

I won't ever get past our 5th position finish as being the result of injuries forcing Pardew to pick our best players. Pretty sure Ben Arfa was out of the team before that.

But that was one of the few times in the last 30 years or so I can remember us having two strikers that other teams genuinely feared. The quality of the goals they scored was something else as well.

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

4 mins. I'm misremembering; wasn't outside the box. 

Was there not a goal for Bolton or am i joining you imagining things?

22 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I seem to remember Speed scoring a ridiculously good header from outside the area for Wales as well. 

As much as I thought (and still do) that Speed was great for us (apart from when he constantly shifted to left wing) I can't actually remember any of his goals. It pains me to say that my lasting memory of him was that sh** show against Marseilles

On 26/03/2024 at 10:21, Dr.Spaceman said:

I was desperate to sell him after that first beautiful half season never mind by the end. Every goal he scored was a worldly in that spell, and there was no way it could continue. I’d tell anyone who’d listen I’d sell him to Man City while his stock was high and they all thought I was simple.

With hindsight, fat Mike would only have taken the profit for another retail purchase instead of building the club, so with reluctance I think keeping him was for the best even though he never hit those heights again.

On 27/03/2024 at 14:25, LFEE said:

Pardew man 🤣

To be fair there was no choice but to move Ba from the centre. 

42 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

To be fair there was no choice but to move Ba from the centre. 

That’s what I’ve just said but Pardew revert Ba back centrally following season to try and keep him happy before he left anyway.