Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

12 hours ago, Lotus said:

Lovely interview. Comes across as a top bloke. Thought he might’ve mentioned Demba…..they fall out?

The rumour was that Ba tried his best to create chances for Cisse to score during the first six months, and after that being jealous for Cisses success and switched to complete twat mode and stopped helping Cisse in all aspects. Cisses goals started to dry up since then

I remember Ba still getting chances but he wasn't taking them, whereas everything Cisse touched turned to goals. 

Quite frustrating at the time because if BA hadn't starting being a twat, that Ba, Cisse, HBA front 3 could've been immense. 

• 5 months later...
53 minutes ago, andycap said:

Don't know if he's got the legs for English football nowadays. But his quality and chance of the spectacular will always be there. 

I think he'd probably dee alright at Level 7, like... 

He was still knocking them for Amiens in Ligue 2 at a canny rate last season. 

54 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Has there ever been a better player at getting done for offside? Had an incredible ability to be offside in situations where he never should have been. Still loved him and his big smile 

Inzaghi?

Just now, Lazarus said:

Inzaghi?

Inzaghi was a predator though, that was his whole game. I’m sure he got done a lot but he also beat the trap a ton too. Cissé got done in situations where he just switched off and obviously forgot what was going on. He made up for it though by slamming in the best screamers for half a season that anyone has ever done 

30 minutes ago, oldtype said:

To this day I cannot believe I was in the away end at Stamford Bridge when he scored that goal and everything else that happened that crazy day. I will feel a connection to this guy forever.

Wasn't this when we all made our avatars your pic in the away end? :lol:

54 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

his second goal that game was class as well. 

Still think it's probably the best brace I've ever seen. The first one gets overlooked because it wasn't as spectacular as the second but the first is still a worldie. Both unbelievable goals to pull out of the same night

edit: Maybe Robert's 2 shitpingers vs Spurs possibly? It's close

1 minute ago, midds said:

Still think it's probably the best brace I've ever seen. The first one gets overlooked because it wasn't as spectacular as the second but the first is still a worldie. Both unbelievable goals to pull out of the same night

Santon got a lovely assist for the first too. Wish he'd been a better player for us. He had all the ingredients to be class

On 12/06/2023 at 14:04, Likelylad said:

I remember Ba still getting chances but he wasn't taking them, whereas everything Cisse touched turned to goals. 

Quite frustrating at the time because if BA hadn't starting being a twat, that Ba, Cisse, HBA front 3 could've been immense. 

Is this official about Ba being a twat? I must admit Ba followed by Andy Carrolls first stint with is still my fav strikers post Shearer.

We do have to take into considerations that Pardew might have been the problem, and that it might not have been any problem between the two of them. If you are to unsettle a player just buy a new one in their position and move them out of their fav position, if that dont work try to swap positions on the pitch a few times.

Cisse first 6 months with us was fantastic, remember thinking how can someone that hits the ball so uncleanly score this many goals. The fantastic goal against Chelsea I do believe he is aiming for the top left corner and it goes in the top right corner because it slides of his foot(the first goal though was mint and perfectly excecuted). But after the 6 months he was a very frustrated player to watch sometimes imo.

I don't remember Ba being particularly dickish but I do recall talk that he made it pretty clear he wanted to play central? I would put a lot of the blame on Pardew not being good enough to manage the situation. Whether it be getting him to buy in or reaching a compromise, maybe mixing up their positions in-game but that would've taken genuine management.