Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I lost count of the amount of times when passes were on to him but he was in an offside position. First game though so we can give him the benefit of the doubt. That finish though, jesus wept! You get what you pay for i suppose, £10M is the difference between a draw and a win.

Get used to him being offside though, its his game. Also caught offside more than any other player in germany last season.

Once or twice it looked unnecessary. But it helped enormously to have a striker with a bit of mobility.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's infinately a better footballer than the last 2 who wore the number 9 shirt. Great goal and he looks sharp, quick, extremely mobile, always playing on the last man and looking to nip into space, and works really hard. A very impressive debut.

Guest Dontooner

Aye as someone said perfect Pardew player, Always looking to score and his stamina is amazing....never looked tired...tbh.

With both Demba's now....Pardew's team is complete, cross and huff will work likely work with this pair.

I like that his head is quite small, the average head size in the squad was getting a little high for my liking with Obertan and Tiote.

Born offside like.  But for every 3 or 4 offsides he'll break the trap and get a run on goal. 

He was far and away the most offside player in Germany according to some stat I read before we signed him. Something like 50+ with the 2nd most offside player with 25 of something.

Watching him and Ba up top today though was a breath of fresh air, can only get better when Tiote and Cabaye return... Ben Arfa been in the side cannot hurt either like.

What a fantastic goal that was from the lad. Some canny movement from him too.

(Though he was offside quite a few times, but I'm sure he'll learn from that).

Really looking forward to seeing the Ba-Cissé partnership develop! :smug:

Guest johnson293

Said on the match thread, but he reminds me of Andy Cole.. .the way he moves, and the way he trapped/brought the ball down a few times.

Also remember Cole scoring a similar goal as Cisses today (against Chelsea, but at Leazes end).