Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Crouch's was brilliant, but I'd say in my experience it's miles harder to hit a ball like Cisse did than to hit it like Crouch did. Anyone can catch a volley sweetly, it's another thing entirely to swerve one in on the half volley with the outside of your boot.

did you hear Waddle on ESPN...... 'Still nowhere near Crouch'    that bloke lets himself down  !!!

Waddle's always been a fool. I disregard anything he says really.

Crouch's was brilliant, but I'd say in my experience it's miles harder to hit a ball like Cisse did than to hit it like Crouch did. Anyone can catch a volley sweetly, it's another thing entirely to swerve one in on the half volley with the outside of your boot.

Definitely - given enough attempts I could hit a goal like Crouch's, could try for months and not be able to replicate Cisse's!

Definitely - given enough attempts I could hit a goal like Crouch's, could try for months and not be able to replicate Cisse's!

Spot on. Cisse's 2nd goal really is one of those 'once in a lifetime' kind of strikes. Never seen anything like it. I thought the likes of Andy Cole vs Chelsea, Beardsley against Norwich and Le Tiss against Blackburn were special, but Cisse's was in a league of its own.

I've given up hope of that tune being adopted for him now like, I'll be happy enough if "Heyyyyyyy, Cisse, oooh-aaah, I wanna know..." starts getting an airing now along with his others :thup:

Noooooo, please no.

f***ing hideous that song, cringeworthy as f***.

Proper grumpy recently Disco :lol:

It is like, it's absolute gash.

I've given up hope of that tune being adopted for him now like, I'll be happy enough if "Heyyyyyyy, Cisse, oooh-aaah, I wanna know..." starts getting an airing now along with his others :thup:

Noooooo, please no.

f***ing hideous that song, cringeworthy as f***.

Proper grumpy recently Disco :lol:

I like it :huff:

Will draw so much attention from the City defence today I can actually see Ba or Ben Arfa scoring

Merson was talking about this on SSN yesterday. Saying defenders will mark him closer next season, and he'll no doubt have second season syndrome. I agree that he will start getting more attention off defenders. However, his movement and ability to get the ball out of his feet early means your going to have to be on his back for 90 minutes to prevent him getting an opportunity. In the system we play, he seems a player who is extremely difficult to pick up.

Merson has no idea how difficult Cisse is to mark :lol:

West Brom's Olsson was on Radio 5 on Friday evening discussing why Cisse was so effective and he basically said that he was just utterly unpredictable.  You don't know where he will stand or which way he will run.

By merson logic no striker can ever have two good seasons as after one everyone would just mark them out of the game...

James Mclean is a perfect example of being found out.  The problem arises if you have a very one dimensional game, i.e. run in straight lines and twat in crosses.  See Downing as further proof of this.

Cisse is by no means one dimensional.

Well yeah I know what you mean but Cisse obviously has way too varied a game. He's hardly scored the same goal again and again. And hell if he does get marked out the game that's less people marking Ben Arfa...

Thats the thing with our front 3, double up on Ben Arfa and you leave space for Ba/Cisse, double up on Cisse you get the same problem. Thats not to mention Yohan Cabaye playing in an advanced position who can seriously hurt teams given space.

So many of his goals have come from when he's marked quite tightly one second, only to be in two yards of space the next. His movement is so unpredictable that he's almost impossible to mark, he really is one of the most intelligent strikers I've seen in a long, long time.