Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest neesy111

CissePapiss: Sometimes frustration is bad, I respect my manager&his decisions! Great win 4 the club & let's hope we can do the same in the next 2big game

To be honest, if the long term tactical aim from Pardew is what you've suggested (and many suspect) then I really do want him gone. We will never consistently achieve anything tangible playing like that even with the players needed to make it work. The glass ceiling for that is what O'Neill achieved with Villa.

You mention O'Neill, at half time on Saturday he had the mackems above us in the league and he's been slaughtered on here for being s****.

But how much did he get to spend this summer?

We have to take into account the fact that Ba and Cisse were competing for the main striker role, and Ba has won that battle. In fact, he won it before a ball had been kicked this season, with Pardew going out of his way to please him so he wouldn't walk.

So Cisse has had two psychological blows to overcome - firstly that of being number 2, and secondly the feeling that's it's all been unfair. If confidence plays a big part in finishing, it's no wonder that he's not at his best, even when the chances come along (which of course isn't as often, given his change of role).

People complain about Pardew being a 442 merchant and then come out with this sort of shit when it suits them.. :lol:

I don't really know what you mean by his fault though?

Not sure why he won't answer this question.

Should we sacrifice results whilst he regains his form.

What is this s***?

It's unbelievable.

Funny, the person that was aimed at understood what I meant. Maybe that statement in the context of the rest of the post had a slightly different meaning..? Nothing like taking a few words out of context to make yourself look smart. Keep it up lads.. :thup:

What do you mean?

The main striker role in a 442. As far as excuses being made for his failings this season, that has got to be the funniest yet..

Why is your view of football so rigid? You still haven't answered what you think the reason for his "failings" is? Is he an impostor? Is he turboshit? Is his heart not in it? Has his head been turned by another club? Is he now full of himself acting the billy big bollocks?

Why are you being so pretentious? "Excuses", what excuses? He's had a clear dip in form and people are trying to come up with reasons why, they aren't excuses.

It's not like there has been any reports of him not pulling his weight in training, or he isn't applying himself on the pitch, there are clearly other reasons for his dip in form. I don't necessarily think it's all Pardew's fault, that would be harsh, but at the moment it is as he's playing him on the fucking wing.

What do you mean?

The main striker role in a 442. As far as excuses being made for his failings this season, that has got to be the funniest yet..

I think there's something to be said for the 442 system and the style of football we play in it suiting Ba far more than it does Cisse.

Why are you being so pretentious? "Excuses", what excuses? He's had a clear dip in form and people are trying to come up with reasons why, they aren't excuses.

It's not like there has been any reports of him not pulling his weight in training, or he isn't applying himself on the pitch, there are clearly other reasons for his dip in form. I don't necessarily think it's all Pardew's fault, that would be harsh, but at the moment it is as he's playing him on the f***ing wing.

Trying to come up with reasons why his form has dipped and then only ending up with reasons outside of his control is what I call making excuses. Pretty sure that's what making excuses means too, but than again English is nog my mother tongue so I may be wrong..

As for the reason why Cisse has been so disappointing, I don't know and I din't want to theorise. What I do know though, and that's how this argument started, is that moving Ba who is scoring away from goal to accomodate a stuttering Cisse in the centre seems like utter madness to me.

What do you mean?

I think there's something to be said for the 442 system and the style of football we play in it suiting Ba far more than it does Cisse.

Agreed on that count. It just happens to be Pardew's preferred style of play.

I don't really know what you mean by his fault though?

Not sure why he won't answer this question.

Should we sacrifice results whilst he regains his form.

What is this s***?

It's unbelievable.

Funny, the person that was aimed at understood what I meant. Maybe that statement in the context of the rest of the post had a slightly different meaning..? Nothing like taking a few words out of context to make yourself look smart. Keep it up lads.. :thup:

Give it a rest. Suggesting we'd be 'sacrificing results' if we gave Cisse a run in the middle of a three is just a really, really stupid thing to say. There's been no results to sacrifice.

It's not like there has been any reports of him not pulling his weight in training, or he isn't applying himself on the pitch, there are clearly other reasons for his dip in form. I don't necessarily think it's all Pardew's fault, that would be harsh, but at the moment it is as he's playing him on the f***ing wing.

Trying to come up with reasons why his form has dipped and then only ending up with reasons outside of his control is what I call making excuses. Pretty sure that's what making excuses means too, but than again English is nog my mother tongue so I may be wrong..

As for the reason why Cisse has been so disappointing, I don't know and I din't want to theorise. What I do know though, and that's how this argument started, is that moving Ba who is scoring away from goal to accomodate a stuttering Cisse in the centre seems like utter madness to me.

As mad as moving Cisse away from the centre to accommodate a sulking, stuttering Ba?

Beggars fucking belief this like.

As mad as moving Cisse away from the centre to accommodate a sulking, stuttering Ba?

Beggars f***ing belief this like.

I knew this was coming. I for one am perfectly happy for our best players to request being played in their preferred position, as long as they deliver when they are. Ba has delivered whenever he has played in the centre for us, Cisse hasn't so far this season, so with a change from two to one central striker it was obvious he was the one going wide for a while or out of the first team altogether (which I would have preferred btw). I fully expect Cisse to get frustrated for being played out wide, just as Ba did. Four games in, and the first signs were there last Saturday. He will have to walk the walk too though, like Ba did when he requested to play centrally. As I said, in a 433 there is only one place for a real central striker, which they both are. May the best one win. At the moment that is Ba. I really hope Cisse refinds his form of last year and reclaims his place. That's primarily up to him though; if he keeps missing chances at this rate it may be a while yet. If he starts banging them in I am sure nobody will be more delighted than Pardew himself.

I knew this was coming. I for one am perfectly happy for our best players to request being played in their preferred position, as long as they deliver when they are. Ba has delivered whenever he has played in the centre for us, Cisse hasn't so far this season, so with a change from two to one central striker it was obvious he was the one going wide for a while or out of the first team altogether (which I would have preferred btw). I fully expect Cisse to get frustrated for being played out wide, just as Ba did. Four games in, and the first signs were there last Saturday. He will have to walk the walk too though, like Ba did when he requested to play centrally. As I said, in a 433 there is only one place for a real central striker, which they both are. May the best one win. At the moment that is Ba. I really hope Cisse refinds his form of last year and reclaims his place. That's primarily up to him though; if he keeps missing chances at this rate it may be a while yet. If he starts banging them in I am sure nobody will be more delighted than Pardew himself.

Your thought process is baffling.

Cisse ‘I Respect My Manager & His Decisions’

1 min ago by Jackie Smithfield

A big moment on Saturday, in all kinds of ways, was when Alan Pardew decided to bring on Shola Ameobi for Papiss Cisse.

The player made clear his frustration at the decision, while the crowd also showed they didn’t think it should have been Papiss coming off.

Cisse let everybody know how he felt but when it came to leaving the pitch he showed his professionalism by acknowledging both Shola coming on and the manager as he went to take his seat with the subs.

It was a moment when like so many other players, Cisse could have kicked off big style and caused problems for everybody, but he didn’t.

This morning Papiss Cisse has sent the following out to his Twitter followers, team before everything and all credit to him;

“Sometimes frustration is bad. I respect my manager & his decisions. Great win 4 the club & let’s hope we can do the same in the next 2 big game(s)”.

If Newcastle hadn’t gone on to take the three points then the fallout afterwards between manager, fans and players could have spelt danger for the rest of the season, especially as the press would have been stirring it big style.

Instead, Papiss Cisse has taken it on the chin, his replacement Shola got the winner and we can all breathe a little bit easier.

The manager needs to do what's best for the team based on the evidence available. He's not doing it, and he wouldn't be sacrificing anything by trying something which worked so well last season.

The manager needs to do what's best for the team based on the evidence available. He's not doing it, and he wouldn't be sacrificing anything by trying something which worked so well last season.

But you say that as if Cisse will instantly start scoring goals, on his current form I am really not sure he will.

Not sure why some are so certain Cisse will score based on last seasons form in that setup but ignore the point that Ba struggled to score when we played like this. It's a massive risk a team struggling for goals and I can't see why it's 'for the best' based on nothing but blind hope.

If Cisse was playing anywhere near as well as last season we wouldn't even be having this debate. As it is, displacing the forward who is doing the business to accomodate the one who isn't is indeed a huge sacrifice considering where we would be right now if Ba's form was like Cisse's this season.

If Cisse was playing anywhere near as well as last season we wouldn't even be having this debate. As it is, displacing the forward who is doing the business to accomodate the one who isn't is indeed a huge sacrifice considering where we would be right now if Ba's form was like Cisse's this season.

We did it at the start of this season for the sake of a sulking striker. Why can't we do it now for the sake of an under performing team getting shit results?

If he didn't instantly do it do you think it likely we'd gain less points? Your argument would be understandable if we were having a good or even 'on par' season, we're not. And that's not even mentioning performances, which have been terrible.

How would playing Ba wide left and Cisse in the centre help having a stable back 5 and cut out individual errors from the likes of Colo and Tiote?