Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Cisse's movement is outstanding, needs the ball deliverd through to him on time though, which is why it would be great to see a proper attacking mid in behind him.

The guy will score goals. No doubt.

Everton will be tough though, so probably best not to jump on his case, if it doesn't quite click tonight in aprticular.

I'm hopeful though. Love the guy.

Cisse's movement is outstanding, needs the ball deliverd through to him on time though, which is why it would be great to see a proper attacking mid in behind him.

The guy will score goals. No doubt.

Everton will be tough though, so probably best not to jump on his case, if it doesn't quite click tonight in aprticular.

I'm hopeful though. Love the guy.

A lot more confident of us creating chances for him with Anita and Marv in the team.

The pressure really is on Cisse to perform, in that respect, I feel sorry for him.

I don't think it is really. He knows now he'll play centrally in either a 442 or 433 until at least the the end of the season regardless of how well he plays or how many goals he scores.

I don't think it is really. He knows now he'll play centrally in either a 442 or 433 until at least the the end of the season regardless of how well he plays or how many goals he scores.

Of course the pressure is on him, we need goals and he's currently the only player we have who is fit and capable of scoring on a regular basis, he's under massive pressure.

Guest Eggenberger

The pressure really is on Cisse to perform, in that respect, I feel sorry for him.

Ive spoken to alot of people who claimed Ba only got the amount of goals he has because the entire attack was tailored around him at the greedy end of it, including long balls. They fully expected our offense to pick up and become much more fluid and balanced with Cisse as the spearhead.

Personally I think Ba has worked magic with a fairly asmathic supply,  massive disrespects to his efforts for us so far to claim otherwise.

Easy to slag him off now that he is off though, Poor old Ba.

Well he's being played in his proper position in quite a big match and it's at home and everybody's counting on him. This all seems to be the set-up to a hell of a performance and a moment we'll all be talking about at the end of the season as when Cisse kicked his season in gear...

Of course the memory of when I was at the West Ham match and he almost fell over trying to kick the ball in a position he would've been able to score in with his eyes closed last season worries me. Hopefully we'll get the Cisse who played against Chelsea tonight.

Huge pressure on him now to suddenly start tucking away the kind of chances he's been missing all season. Playing in the middle will get him more opportunities, but it won't magically turn around his form without major improvement from the player himself. I certainly think he can do it, but it might take some time.

I just hope we don't waste too many opportunities to pick up points whilst this is ongoing.

This, but basically we're fucked if he doesn't start putting them away sharpish IMO.

Even though half joking, nearly everyone is expecting him to score tonight. If he doesn't, the pressure will build from the crowd - can he handle it?

You really know how to put a positive spin on things, Jack.

That is the current situation though :lol: It's pointless looking to the future when it's massively uncertain for a number of reasons.

His current situation is the same as any other starting striker in world football, though. If he doesn't score the team will fail.

I'm pretty certain he's a good enough player to not find himself permanently stuck in horrendous form.

That is the current situation though :lol: It's pointless looking to the future when it's massively uncertain for a number of reasons.

His current situation is the same as any other starting striker in world football, though. If he doesn't score the team will fail.

I'm pretty certain he's a good enough player to not find himself permanently stuck in horrendous form.

The key difference is other teams have a few players who can score. We currently only have Cisse who can regularly score and after that it's Ben Arfa who is out for another month.

xx

Guest Eggenberger

Like Chelsea who had 8 different goalscorers when they tore Villa a new one?

I don't think his chances:goals ratio has been that bad recently. There's only that turn and shot over the bar against Citeh i can recall recently where he probably should have done better. The goal at Manu was 'classic' Cisse. Sniffed the chance, retreated deep into the perfect position, no doubts about the finish. I also think he's been playing very well recently (Arsenal aside where he should not have stayed on the wing). Not worried at all, fancy sticking a few quid on a brace tonight actually.

The key difference is other teams have a few players who can score. We currently only have Cisse who can regularly score and after that it's Ben Arfa who is out for another month.

xx

You can fuck off with that shit craic like :lol:

But anyway regarding the actual post, Cisse is pretty much undroppable for us now, which is surely less pressure on his shoulders than it would be for any other club who are only playing 1 striker.

I don't think his chances:goals ratio has been that bad recently. There's only that turn and shot over the bar against Citeh i can recall recently where he probably should have done better. The goal at Manu was 'classic' Cisse. Sniffed the chance, retreated deep into the perfect position, no doubts about the finish. I also think he's been playing very well recently (Arsenal aside where he should not have stayed on the wing). Not worried at all, fancy sticking a few quid on a brace tonight actually.

Rich posted some statistics a few days ago. His chance conversion this season stands at about 16% if I remember correctly, compared to almost 60% last season. Here's hoping he refinds that form in front of goal.